We have 2 small bathrooms of size approximately 4.5x7.5 located on first floor of an apartment which is 7 years old.From the basement, we can see bathroom and toilet outlet pipes taken out by holes in floor slabs.
Similarly on our bathroom roof, the pipes belonging to second floor exist, which are covered with a box.The bathroom floor is around 12 mm below the rest of the rooms.
We want to make some changes to take care of the following in the bathroom.
1. There is a dampness and peeling of paint all along the wall of adjacent bedroom , just above the skirting level. We want to take care of this.
2. The shower area is at the end of bathroom and there is no floor height difference between this wet area and rest of bathroom.When water spills, it covers entire bathroom till the door.
We want to have some height difference for shower area within bathroom, just like the floor height difference between bathroom floor and rest of the floors outside.
3. There is small water leakage in the sanitary pipe hole in slab which is visible from basement.
Request you following
1. Based on the above description, is our bathroom sunken or non-sunken type ?
2. Can the floor height difference be achieved just by relaying of tiles ?
3. Considering the water seepage issue mentioned above, what precautions need to be taken during the process ?
Do we need to relay some portions of wall tiles as well or acid wash and re-applying white cement will do.
4. What additional water proofing methods needed
Please give your inputs as the work area is small which will discourage many to take up the work. and we need to get it done only with lesser known ones and it is better have some knowledge about the work ourselves.