I have a north-facing piece of land with about 40 feet frontage. I am planning to build a kerala type house with Mitham(courtyard) in the middle and wooden pillars all around it and at the house entrance, as it would be in old traditional houses(PROPOSED DESIGN ATTACHED). My questions are these :
1) If I am looking for a 700sqft duplex house with regular good quality construction and tiled roof for about 100 running feet around the house and sloping tiled roof around the mitham(courtyard) in the middle, size of mitham opening 10'X8', as per the shown design, what can I expect to be the rough total cost of construction for this. Please note this is in a place about 100KM from Chennai and will probably come under rural construction, where I hope rates will be lesser. Please refer to GroundFloor.jpg and Firstfloor.jpg in the attachments for the designs I have in mind.
2) Does anybody have any suggestions on where I can get quality wooden pillars as in Chettinad houses of yore near Chennai? Are the ones in Pondicherry reliable?
3) Does anyone have experience with red oxide flooring? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
The overall design I have in mind is as in Photo1.
Thanks in anticipation for the help.
1.The cost of construction varries with the specifications adopted in the house.Contact estimater with spesification or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for detail estimate.
2. Contact timber merchant of your city.
3. See the link given below for cement concrete flooring. In which after laying flooring at the time of finishing red oxideis mixed with floating coat.