|Tue Sep 29, 2015||Total posts : 3
| Topic: Dear Sir
Constructing 72x43 East facing house.Pl guide me for water supply pipe
Constructing 72x43 East facing house.Pl guide me for water supply pipe fitting in side house
The comment above talks about the image below. Click on the image to enlarge.
|Tue Sep 29, 2015||Post #1|
Join date: May 2014
|Please check with a Vastu expert.|
|Wed Sep 30, 2015||Post #2|
|S L Gupta (Civil Engg)|
Join date: Mar 2008
Purchasing C.I. Pipes
Cast iron pipe is generally used in sewer lines. The following points should be kept in view while purchasing CI pipes.
- The pipe should bear ISI marks and must be heavy duty pipe.
- The pipe must be free from pinholes, cracks and has a good finish.
- The leakage should be checked by erecting the pipe temporarily in
earth and filling it with water up to the top. If there is any hole or
crack in the pipe, the water will come out. Hence the pipe should be
- All CI pipes and fittings should give clear ringing sound when struck with light hand hummer.
- All CI pipes and fittings are hot, dip coated inside and outside the tar/bitumen coating.
- Heavy Duty PVC pipes are also equally good if used with proper
jointing and care while designing. These pipes have 50% more life and
are cheaper than C I pipes also.
- The quality of material is checked with rates at least from three to
four shops while surveying the market for purchasing the material.
- The rates of all required items are verified once; not for main item
as the shopkeeper may tell fewer rates for main item/pipe etc. and
charges more rates on other items in later.
- Accessories of good quality are purchased after verification of
sample. Ensure whether the durability of any accessory is more and
guaranty is obtained from shopkeeper.
Precautions While Laying Sanitary and Sewer Pipes
- Generally it is observed that the top of floor trap is not fixed by
taking proper level of floor of the building; which creates problems of
- Floor trap should be fixed after marking proposed floor level.
- The top of floor trap in toilet and kitchen should be 12 MM to 20 MM
down from floor level of the building to provide proper slope for easy
drainage of water.
- Where sewer lines cross the road or drain, they should be passed through CI or RCC pipes.
- The greater the depth of seal is, the more effectively it will prevent foul air to come to the house from sewer.
- Waste pipe should be connected through gully trap in main hole. If it is connected directly, it gives foul smell.
- In sewer line, the following minimum gradient /slope should be provided for self cleaning.
1). 100 mm dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1in 57
2). 150 MM dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1 in 100
3). 200 MM dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1 in 145
- During execution the mouth of pipes should be covered with empty gunny bags to avoid blockage.
- The joints should be filled with spun yarn, lead and ensure proper cocking to avoid any leakage.
- Sewer line should be checked well before layout of floor otherwise
any leakage will damage the floor and foundation of the building.
- Close sewer line at one side by using gunny bags, cement mortar, and
fill the pipe with water on other side. Wait for 24 to 48 hours. If
there any leakage, the water will come to the surface of pipe or in the
joints of pipe.
- After checking leakage, the top of pipeline should be covered with cement concrete.
- A class stoneware glazed pipe must be used in sewer lines.
- Now a day UPVC pipes also are being used in sewer lines; which are durable and low in cost.
|Wed Sep 30, 2015||Post #3|
Join date: May 2014
|The pipes and fittings has to be of PN20 grade not PN16. Also make sure that you buy a good brand with ISI mark on it.|
Vastu Shastra-Construction Questions (38)
|Articles that might interest you!|
|EAST FACING PLOT|
A north-east facing plot is best for all type of constructions, whether a house or a business establishment. However, ..
|General Guidelines While Designing Water Supply Pipe Lines|
Designing pipe lines in a house or building needs careful vision. There is no cross connection between pipes for drink..
|Gharexpert can save you money during construction |
Do you know almost all individual home construction projects in India take more money to complete than what people ori..
|Checklist for Plumbing|
In construction of building or house like all other components, water supply is also very important part of building c..
|Types of Valves Used In Water Supply Pipe Lines|
Valves in pipe lines are provided to control supply of water. They are used to stop supply when any repair is carried ..
|Water Supply and Various Types of Pipes |
Water is essential for everybody. In home or workplace we need a systematic placement of pipelines for water supply. W..
|Wooden board floor buying guide|
Wooden board flooring buying guide to help you choose the best wooden board.
|Guidelines for Fixing Rain Water Pipes |
Proper drainage of rain water is essential to avoid blockage of water during rainy season. A good quality rain water p..
|Buying Guide for Garage Door|
How to buy a garage door? Find guidelines and tips for garage door that you could use for buying. Learn about standard..
|Importance of Proper Water Supply and Sewerage during construction|
Construct Sewerage and Water Supply of your house properly else you have to face many hygienic problems.Generally it i..
|What are various types of glasses used in doors?|
Types of glasses used in doors-Clear window glass, Plate glass, Prism glass, Quartz glass, Processed glass.......
|What are advantages and disadvantages of folding doors?|
Advantages of folding doors- Easy to install,washable, durable, superior sound damping. Disadvantages-sensitive to har..
|What are various designs available in wooden doors?|
Designs available in Wooden doors.....
|What is standard size of internal folding doors?|
Size, Thickness and Weight of Internal Folding Doors.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Wooden doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Wooden doors....
|What is the standard size of frame for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Plastic Door frame size carrying one or two shutters......
|What are various frames recommended for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Frames for Plastic Doors..........
|Which place is appropriate for sliding door?|
Appropriate places for sliding doors-Bathrooms, Backyards, Commercial structures...........
|What are various frames recommended for glass doors?|
Frames for Glass Doors-Wooden frames, Steel frames, Aluminium frames......
|Which place is appropriate for folding doors?|
Appropriate places for folding doors-Homes, Offices, Guest rooms, gives attaractive and stylish look........
|What are the various accessories recommended for folding doors?|
Accessories for folding doors- Door Handles, Door Fasteners,Door Viewers.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Plastic/PVC doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Plastic doors....