For my A Level Design and Technology project I am making an item of furniture for modern living using smart materials and innovative shapes that will serve a useful and practical purpose in confined spaces. To help create a product that suits the target market I would be grateful if you could take the time to fill in this brief questionnaire.
1. Do you find limited space a problem when looking for furniture?
2. What type of furniture would you prefer/find most useful?
3. Where would you locate the product?
Home : Living Room,Kitchen, Dining Room, Bedrooms, Study/Office/School/Other
4. Do you require the product to be multi-functional and serve a secondary function?
5. If answered ‘yes’ to the above question, what is this secondary function?
6. Do you require the product to be able to store items as well?
7. If answered ‘yes’ to the above question, what items would this be?
8. Would it be helpful if the product was modular in some way?
9. How often would this product be in use?
10. How long would you expect the product to last?
6 Months/1 Year/18 Months/2 Years/5 Years/10 Years/15 Years +
11. Would you prefer the product to be able to be collapsible or to fold up in some way allowing it to be stored in a confined space when not in use?
12. Would you be using this product indoors or outdoors? Or would you prefer both?
13. How many people would you expect to use the product at one time?
1 2 3 5 10+
14. How much would you be willing to spend on a suitable product?
Up to £100/Up to £150/Up to £250/Up to £500/Other
15. Will the product be required to be moved or transported on a regular basis?
16. Do you have any preference in style?
Thank you for your help - it is greatly appreciated!