|Tue Sep 30, 2014||Post #1|
|S L Gupta (Civil Engg)|
Join date: Mar 2008
EASY CARE STEPS FOR ARMSTRONG VINYL FLOORS
To keep the lasting shine and fresh feel of your investment for as long as possible, we recommend that you:
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible. Remove dried spills with Armstrong™ Once ‘n Done® Resilient & Ceramic Floor Cleaner.
- Wash your floor occasionally with Armstrong™ Once ‘n Done® Resilient & Ceramic Floor Cleaner.
- Use Armstrong New Beginning® Extra-Strength Floor Stripper for heavy duty cleaning on all products except Alterna.*
- Use Armstrong Shinekeeper® Floor Finish or Armstrong Satinkeeper® Low Gloss Floor Finish to return your floor's original shine
if it begins to dull over time.
* For Alterna non-grouted tile installations, use New Beginning for heavy duty cleaning.
- Use detergents, abrasive cleaners or "mop and shine" products - they may leave a dull film on your floor.
- Use paste wax or solvent-based polishes.
- Use a beater bar when vacuuming because it can visibly damage the floor surface.
- Use highly abrasive scrubbing tools.
- If you use grout with your Alterna™ floor, don’t use Armstrong New Beginning Extra-Strength Floor Stripper or other floor
strippers to clean the grout or to clean your floor. Floor strippers will degrade the acrylic grout.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER INSTALLATION
- Maintain room temperature at 65 degrees Fahrenheit for 48 hours after installation is completed. This assures proper curing,
setting and bonding of products.
- The adhesive under your floor needs time to thoroughly dry after installation. Therefore we recommend that you do not scrub
or wash your floor for five days.
- For vinyl sheet, allow the seams to seal for 8
hours after seam application. This will ensure the proper seam bond and a
finish. If seams are disturbed before they’re
dry, permanent damage may result.
- For vinyl tile, use a damp sponge, cloth, or mop to wipe off the Armstrong logo and 800 number printed on the face of the
floor. Be careful not to wipe across any seams.
PROACTIVE PROTECTION FOR YOUR FLOOR
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and "walk" the item across it. This protects
your floor from scuffing and tears.
- Use Armstrong Floor Protectors on furniture to reduce indentation. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider
the floor protector needed.
- Be careful with rolling casters. They can damage the floor. Therefore, we do not recommend them. If you choose to use them,
the double wheel type are the best option.
- Place a walk-off mat at outside entrances to
reduce the amount of dirt brought into your home. We do not recommend
of rubber- or latex-backed mats because the
chemical (antioxidant) used to keep the backing from becoming brittle
stain your floor. We suggest a nonstaining
vinyl-backed mat or a woven rug that is colorfast. Most of these
products are identified
"colorfast" by the manufacturer.
|Tue Sep 30, 2014||Post #2|
Join date: Sep 2014
|I have recently installed floors at my home through carpetinmotion
professionals.They have a done a great work but I was worried about how
to keep these floors clean and I found your tips really impressive in
|Tue Sep 30, 2014||Post #3|
Join date: Sep 2014
|Get it machine cleaned with a scrubbing machine and then depending on product use wax on top/ or dry buff the surface|
Home Improvement-Interior Questions (39)