|Wed Nov 08, 2017||Post #1|
|S L Gupta (Civil Engg)|
Join date: Mar 2008
For vastu purpose it is good see detail given below
Tips for selecting Paint Color.
Some Tips are:
- Selected paint colors may look different in different lights, both
at daytime and at night. So, you should choose the paint according to
look of the room in different lights and according to the function of
- Dark and warm shades such as red, orange, yellow and even dark
shades of navy blue make rooms look smaller while light and cool colors
make the room look larger. Best colors for small rooms are white and
light and pale neutral.
- Alkyd or oil-based paints are good for wooden painting and does not
leave it sticky in winters but latex or water-based paints dry faster,
can be cleaned with soapy water and does not turn yellow easily and
therefore they are better for walls.
- Look at the exposure the room has, as lots of sunny southern
exposure may be a good spot for cool colors while a shaded and northern
facing room best suit with warmer shades.
- There should be some relationship between adjacent rooms and the new paint color for the flow and link.
- Since colors affect the mood, choose relaxing soft colors for bedrooms and exciting colors for kitchens and dining rooms.
- Generally ceilings are painted in pure white, off white and
highlighted/tinted white colors to make them appear high and make the
room look open but if ceilings are high enough, one can use medium dark
colors to make the room look warmer and comfortable as they tend to make
the ceiling advance to the eyes of the viewer.
- Determine the color scheme of the room according to furniture,
window coverings (window blinds, curtains, etc) and certain accessories
of the room. To add bold colors to the room, use a darker shade to paint
the trims than the walls.
- Ask the paint stores for the exact amount of paint you will need for
the calculated area of wall for the room and number of coats you are
planning for. Since blue and yellow colors need more coats, you will
need more of them if you are using them.
- To soften the look of a bold color on walls, you can try rag
rolling, sponging or color washing the walls using a light, soft shade.