Some more cost saving tips application to traditional construction as well.
These are environment friendly options as well. First engage a structural engineer for design and give labour contract dont go for labour and material. It will give you 10-15% advantage but you will have to invest your time.
1. Use AAC blocks or fly ash bricks instead of red bricks
2. Go for fresh stock of good local brand cement pay attention to grade (53 /48) type OPC/ PPC / PSC and manufacturing date instead of paying premium for brand.
3. Instead of PPC cement for 10rs less per bag for plastering buy OPC 53 cement bag for 10rs more and mix 20% flyash at site you will save more money.
PPC is nothing but OPC with 30% flyash.
4. If you have RMC plant nearby go for RMC instead of site mix. You can ask GGBS (granulated blast furnace slag) and flyash M 20 design mix. You will not have headach if contractor has followed correct ratio of water.
5. Go for M sand or even better slag sand. In small town India still contractors push for river sand which is 4 times costlier.
6. If you have option of factory cut and bent steel go for it. Pre cut and bent steel is delivered in exact quantity as per design avoids wastage and saves time and labour.
7. Go for good quality no big brandname Morbi tiles instead of big brands. PGVT or double charged unbranded Morbi ( Gujrat) tiles are defiantly better then big brand ceramic /porcelain tile at nearly same rate.
8. If you have more budget for flooring finiah choose Indian granite or marble however never ever go for Italian marble even if you have money to splurge.
It is highly porous stone full of cracks thus full of epoxy and extra shine is of crystallization and diamond polish.
Ask for Crystallization ( Lithium silicate based crustalizer ) and diamond polish on Indian marble you will get same mirror like shine but more durable and at a fraction of cost.
8. Go for flush doors with sal wood frame or WPVC if you are very tight on budget.
Do not go for teakwood even for main door. Instead of wasting a fine tree get 19mm flush door and teak vaneer and ask carpenter to give teak finish on both sides.
9. Do not unnecessarily splurge om elevation design keep it simple.