|Sun Jan 26, 2014||Total posts : 1
| Topic: What are the special characters of different kind of bricks.Size of a cement bri
What are the special characters of different kind of bricks.Size of a cement brick as compared to cement one and cost analysis. It is said that the cement bricks retain day heat and in the evening/night romms become hot. Expert comments on this will be highly appreciated
|Tue Jan 28, 2014||Post #1|
|S L Gupta (Civil Engg)|
Join date: Mar 2008
There are cement blocks which are costly as compared to bricks. Cement blocks are good conductor in comparison of kiln earth bricks. There is difficulty of bond, joints and fixing fittings in case of cement blocks.
There are three types of bricks
- First Class Bricks
- Second Class Bricks
- Third Class Bricks
Specification of First Class Bricks
- Made of good earth which is free from saline deposits and are sand molded.
- Burnt thoroughly without being vitrified and have deep red, cherry and copper color.
- Regular and uniform in shape and size with sharp and square edges and parallel faces.
- Must be homogeneous in texture and emit a clear ringing sound on being struck together.
- Free from flaws, cracks, chops, stones and lime.
- Should not absorb water more than 20% of its own dry weight after 24 hours, immersion in cold water.
- Have a minimum crushing strength of 105 kg per sq. cm when tested according to the test.
- Should not show appreciable sign of efflorescence either in dry state or subsequent to soaking in water.
NOTE: As per guidelines of
all wings of the Government, semi-Government departments and other
construction departments, First Class Brick tiles should be used for
Specification of Second Class Bricks
- They shall be well burnt or slightly over burnt.
- They must give clear ringing sound when struck.
- The may have slight irregularities in size, shape and color.
- They may have slight chips, flaws or surface crack but must be free from lime or kankar.
- The minimum crushing strength of second class brick should be 70 kg per sq cm.
Specification of Third Class Bricks
- These bricks are slightly under burnt or over burnt.
- They are not uniform in shape, size and edges.
- They shall not observe water more than 25% of their own dry weight after 24 hours, immersion in cold water.
- They have some signs of efflorescence.
|Articles that might interest you!|
| Bricks Quality|
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
|Cupboards construction using different materials: Brick and Wooden Cupboards, Just Wooden Cupboards, Mesh Cement and Wood|
Today lots of options are available for cupboard construction. In the article here we will discuss all the material op..
|What are special types of flooring?|
Special types of flooring--Linoleum flooring..............
|Are you constructing a cupboard, Learn the difference between wood-only and wood-brick cupboards|
Cupboards construction using different materials: Brick and Wooden Cupboards, Just Wooden Cupboards, Mesh Cement and W..
|Aluminum door frame standard size |
There are various options of sizes in aluminum doors available in market. Choose the right one according to your purpo..
|Brick Arches |
A brick arch is constructed to cover openings like doors and windows in a building. Arches transmit above loads to the..
|Specification of Brick|
A brick is small block of burnt clay with a size that can be held in one hand conveniently. Brick should be thoroughly..
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with d..
|Specification of 'Bricks Walls' |
Strong brick walls are a symbol of strong building. Whole construction process somewhere depends on it. So here is a b..
To construct the veranda brick pillars are constructed to take the load of the roof of veranda.
|What are various types of glasses used in doors?|
Types of glasses used in doors-Clear window glass, Plate glass, Prism glass, Quartz glass, Processed glass.......
|What are advantages and disadvantages of folding doors?|
Advantages of folding doors- Easy to install,washable, durable, superior sound damping. Disadvantages-sensitive to har..
|What are various designs available in wooden doors?|
Designs available in Wooden doors.....
|What is standard size of internal folding doors?|
Size, Thickness and Weight of Internal Folding Doors.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Wooden doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Wooden doors....
|What is the standard size of frame for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Plastic Door frame size carrying one or two shutters......
|What are various frames recommended for Plastic/PVC doors?|
Frames for Plastic Doors..........
|Which place is appropriate for sliding door?|
Appropriate places for sliding doors-Bathrooms, Backyards, Commercial structures...........
|What are various frames recommended for glass doors?|
Frames for Glass Doors-Wooden frames, Steel frames, Aluminium frames......
|Which place is appropriate for folding doors?|
Appropriate places for folding doors-Homes, Offices, Guest rooms, gives attaractive and stylish look........
|What are the various accessories recommended for folding doors?|
Accessories for folding doors- Door Handles, Door Fasteners,Door Viewers.......
|What affects the life of doors? What can we do to increase the life of the Plastic/PVC doors?|
Tips to increase the life of Plastic doors....