|Wed Dec 02, 2015||Post #1|
Join date: May 2014
|Register yourself for a free color guidance magazine from Asian paints or visit a big dealer who has a studio to show you combinations.|
|Wed Dec 02, 2015||Post #2|
|S L Gupta (Civil Engg)|
Join date: Mar 2008
Colors are powerful tools and make the surface attractive .It has different meanings which influences our actions.
Color for Kids Room
- Children’s rooms are a very special and attractive place in the
home and should reflect the interests of the child. So select the paint
according to their taste -
- You can use bright high shine primary colors (red, green, yellow,
blue) to make different patterns look interesting such as polka dots,
checks, geometrical shapes, numbers, alphabets, etc. They can be applied
either as border or throughout the wall.
- Contemporary color favorites include purples, vibrant, blues, pinks, yellows and greens.
- Choose the colors that go well with the furniture.
Note: Bright colors should be used in limit or it may look disturbing.
Color for Living Room
- The living room are heavy traffic areas and are the first places of
your house that are visited by guests. Hence, they show the first
impression about you and your personality. So choose the right kind of
color combination that is both durable and attractive.
- Use dark colors along with lighter shades of the same color or
glazed type/version of the same paint color to create stripes on the
walls. This will also help you add height to the living room.
- Choose pastel colors as they provide brightness and charm to the living room.
- Any of the warm red-yellow colors such as peach or rose can be a good choice to enhance the look.
- Go for bright, bold colors such as hot pink, aqua and yellow as you only get glimpses of the space as you move through.
- It is also advisable to use chocolate brown or very dark colors in
satin or semi-gloss finishing, so that they don’t look dull and boring.
- You may add faux crackle finishing to your living room wall by first
painting it with dark color followed by lighter color. Thus, when the
paint crackles, the darker color from beneath gives an interesting look
to the living room walls. If you are using faux painting techniques,
choose the right kind of paint.
- Faux dragging technique may not be able to use latex paint as it dries too quickly.
Color for Kitchen
- The kitchen is one of the most frequently used living space within
the home. As families spend an increasing number of hours together in
the kitchen space, both function and style play very important roles.
- The modern use of color will help your kitchen space to shine.
- White is the evergreen color for kitchens.
- The kitchen painted with colors such as orange, red and yellow should match nicely to the bright lights of the cooking area.
- Red increases the appetite that is why it is often used in
restaurants, and can be a good choice for a formal dining rooms or
- Mid tones of green are good for kitchens.
- The kitchen represents a venue for an unlimited number of ways to include unique colors.
- Good use of color contrast on walls can help enhance visibility and mobility within the kitchen.
- Select paint or wallpaper with light colors to brighten the room and
to make dark-colored furniture, light switches and electrical outlets
should stand out.
- Avoid bright colors and busy patterns, which may contribute to eyestrain.
Color for Bathroom
- Fresh linen white seems a good bathroom color idea as it makes the
bath room fresh, clean and simple and works well with almost all the
colors and shades.
- Crispy white bathrooms with light soothing blue tone (Blue creates a
calming effect and it highlights the bath room for relaxation and
treat. Blue also makes a bath appear larger).
- Go for lime green and shades of pink (for a quiet, restful space).
- Peach provides good reflection for the skin which is important in a
room where applying make up and shaving are everyday happenings.
- Certain warm shades like yellow, cream and apricot as they provide
comfort, warmth and coziness. But these colors can make a small bathroom
look even smaller. (When using warm colors, be sure to combine them
with whites and neutrals to tone down some of their intensity/
- For decoration in bath room, you can choose gold or light brown paint.
- You can also choose your paint color that matches with the color of
the tiles, mirror frame, towel, etc to create a decorative appearance.
Note: Do not use dark colors in bathrooms that
don’t get enough natural light or use plenty of artificial light to
balance it. Dim light in dark bathroo
|Wed Dec 02, 2015||Post #3|
Join date: Apr 2015
The current trend is white only .
The contrast is brought by wall paper use with some wall paneling.
You may contact me at 9643450696 or visit buildnlive.com
|Mon Jan 11, 2021||Post #5|
Join date: Jan 2021
The psychology of perception of shades is the first consideration when choosing the right option from a diverse palette of wall paints. Colour is a powerful tool. It is used to accentuate architectural details, to hide surface imperfections and to create a comfortable living environment. Proper tinting - the key to harmonious interior design, I liked the colour combinations in the game hulk slot
. The basic shade is chosen based on the geometric parameters of the room, and the position of the furniture and windows. It can either be related to an existing piece of furniture or be customized.
Drawing room-Interior Questions (38)