|Specification of Brick Tiles|
Flat Brick Tiles should confirm specifications as per IS-1077-1992 and must be homogeneous in texture.
NOTE: As per guidelines of all wings of the Government, semi-Government departments and other construction departments, First Class Brick tiles should be used for construction works.
- Made of good earth which is free from saline deposits and are sand molded.
- Burnt thoroughly without being vitrified and have deep red, cherry and copper color.
- Regular and uniform in shape and size with sharp and square edges and parallel faces.
- Must be homogeneous in texture and emit a clear ringing sound on being struck together.
- Free from flaws, cracks, chops, stones and lime.
- Should not absorb water more than 20% of its own dry weight after 24 hours’ immersion in cold water.
- Have a minimum crushing strength of 105 kg per sq. cm when tested according to the test.
- Should not show appreciable sign of efflorescence either in dry state or subsequent to soaking in water.
Recommended Sizes of Brick Tiles
The table below shows sizes of the ‘Brick Tiles’
| Type of Tiles
|| Normal Size (mm)
|| Actual Size (mm)|
| Modular Tiles
|| 200x100x40 mm
|| 190x90x40 mm|
| Non -Modular Tiles
|| 229x114x44 mm
|| 230x110x40 mm|