The strength of the cement may be increased by applying some simple precautions which are following.
Less surface area of Aggregate
Same cement can provide better coating to particle and it can enhance the strength. When proper graded materials are used, lesser the voids in concrete, more the strength and tightness in would be.
Quality of Materials
Quality of cement, sand and aggregate should be tested by various tests in the fields because raw material of good quality gives maximum strength.
Less Water Requirement
When we use minimum water for lubrication of particle in aggregate, there is less shrinkage which gives more strength by using same quantity of cement. Hence the strength depends on water cement ratio.
Mixing should be done in mechanical mixer so that all constituents are thoroughly mixed and become homogeneous without showing segregation.
Compaction of cement concrete mix using less water vibrated with vibrator. This compaction will give same workability and more strength. Better compaction is achieved if less water cement is used as the numbers of void will be less.
Cement needs water for its hydration. If water is inadequate, it will not hydrate completely and therefore it will not be balanced properly causing inadequate strength. So all care should be taken for proper curing of cement concrete.
The following useful tips should be kept in mind to get much strength of cement.3. Volume of cement paste formed by one bag should be 0.028 CUM.
1. Weight of one bag should be 50 Kg.
2. Volume of one bag should be 1.25 CFT OR 0.035 CUM(Cubic Meter)
4. Density of cement should be 1450. Kg. Per CUM
5. Strength gaining of OPC Cement (at 21 Degree temperature) should be as given below.
• 3 days - 40 % of design strength
• 7 days - 65% of design strength
• 28 days - 100% of design strength
6. Storage capacity of cement should be 20 Bags per sq. meter.