There are nine types of Glasses used in windows:
- Obscure Glass
- Tinted Glass
- Tempered Glass
- Laminated Glass
- Stained Glass
- Reflective Glass
- Low E Glass Window
- Insulating glass
- Colored glass
This type of glass provides you privacy allowing abundant light to the room. This Glass has following varieties.
Tinted glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. This Glass also has many varieties such as:
Tempered Glass is extremely strong and often used for safety features. If this glass breaks, it will break into small pieces like stone. This Glass is ideal for reducing the chance of injury in the event of breakage.
This Glass is the best for reducing noise. It also resists ultraviolet rays providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings.
- It is a colorful Glass used to create dramatic effects in every room of your home. However the stained glass has many other useful advantages in the home.
- These glasses reduce intense sun rays and protect your furniture, carpets, and precious woods from long-term sun damage.
- It will also give you just the right amount of sunlight and privacy.
This is an ordinary float glass with metallic coating to reduce solar heat. This special metallic coating also produces a mirror effect preventing the object from seen through the glass. It is mainly used in the front Wall.
This glass provides an excellent option to increase your comfort and save energy year round the year.
- Low-E Glass filters long-wave radiation from the sun.
- This reduces solar heat gained from the sun in the summer and keeps your home cool.
- Low E Glass protects the curtains form efficient long rays.
- Low-E Glass lets warm solar rays into your home retaining the heat into your home.
It is fitted in windows to prevent heat loss. The glass consists of two or more tightly sealed sheets separated by 6-12 mm of dry air.
It is made by adding oxides of metals to molten glass.