Ganesha: Ganpati: Ganesh- The son of Lord Shiva
This festival falls in August to September. It starts in the month of Bhaadrapada, starts in shuklachaturthi and ends on Anantchaturdashi.
The festive celebration goes on for almost ten days. In the honour of ganesha , people purchase different postures of lord ganesha clay models. They decorate them with flowers, frills, ornaments, colors and other decoration materials.
On the festival it is installed in raised platforms in homes or the centrally located area on the localities so that people could pay their homage to the Lord Ganesha.
For the whole 10 days, ganesha is worshipped, and on the 11th day people carry the model on large vehicle with lots of music and dance so that they could immerse that model in the river.
Decoration tips for Ganesha model
1) Purchase the bright colored engraved model with red, yellow dhoti and golden colors ornaments so that it looks bright.
2) Try to clean the space where you would like to install the model.
3) If the space is covered then get the space whitewashed with different colors. Otherwise use multi colored tents.
4) Use golden color or multi colored ornaments such as bangles, necklace, ear rings, etc. If model is not carved with ornaments. You can also use colorful pearl jewelry to decorate the model.
5) Hang lot of bells or balloons on the ceiling and artificial garlands/flowers on the walls where you had installed the model.
6) Use multi colored lighting with chandeliers, lighting strings so that the spaces always illuminate.
7) You could also install fountains to decorate the space.
8) Floor can be decorated with rangoli representing different postures of lord ganesha and 'Om', the 'Swastika'.
9) Also lit the area with decorate diya and candles.
10) Hang colorful cloth pieces of bandhej or frills on the tops of the Ganesh model.
11) People should also decorate their home exterior so that whole area illuminates.
12) Make the mixture with ghee and roli in a small bowl and draw the holy symbols such as the 'Om', the 'Swastika' and the 'Shree' on the walls, with the paste.
13) You could also decorate poojathali with bells, colorful cloth pieces, Colorful petals, etc.
14) Make the holy symbol 'Om', the 'Swastika' with flower on pooja counter.
15) You could also hand different paintings of lord Ganesh on the walls.
16) You can also write “GanapatiBappaMorya, PudhachyaVarshiLaukarya” on the walls.
17) Hang colorful baskets with flowers from the ceiling or place them in the pooja counter so that people can use flowers at the time of worship.