Plastic emulsion paint is water based wall paint. It is based on acrylic and provide a smooth matt finish to the walls. These paints are also washable and easy to maintain just as premium emulsions. It is extremely durable but is not suitable for application on external surfaces, wood and iron surfaces.
According to Indian standard it should confirm the specification as IS: 5411 of approved brand and manufacturer. The material should consist of pigments with suitable extenders in a medium consisting of any stable synthetic polymer emulsion in water.
Raw Materials for Plastic Emulsion Paint
- Cement Primer: A coat of cement primer is a base coat applied on the surface for painting.
- Putty: It’s used to fill uneven surface and holes. It is prepared by mixing white lead chalk ‘MITTI’ and varnish together to form a shape of thick paste.
Preparation of New Surface
- The surface should be thoroughly cleaned of mortar dropping, splashes of cement slurry, dust etc.
- Primer coat is applied on the surface.
- The surface should be allowed to dry for at least 48 hours.
- The surface should be rubbed with sand paper for getting smooth and even surface. Any unevenness should be leveled by applying putty.
Preparation of Old Surface
- If old paint is sound and firm, it should be rubbed down with sand paper.
- All smoke and grease spots should be washed with lime water.
- All dust and loose paint should be completely removed.
- The surface should be washed with soap and water.
- If old paint surface is blistered, it should be removed with patent paint remover.
- The patches of old surface should be filled with putty for making the surface even and smooth.
- After preparation of old surface plastic emulsion paint is applied in the same manner as for new work.
Application of the Emulsion Paint
- The paint is applied in usual manner with brush, spray or roller.
- The paint dries by evaporation of water content. As soon as the water is evaporated, the film becomes hard and the next coat can be applied.
- The thinning of emulsion is done with water, not with turpentine.
- Thinning with water is required for under coat which is applied on absorbent surface.
- The finishing surface should present a smooth finish.
Advantages of Emulsion Paint
- It is extremely durable and provides a smooth matt finish to the wall.
- It has excellent adhesive property.
- It is washable and easy to maintain.
- It is easy in application and has quick drying properties, non objectionable odor and good workability.
Disadvantage of Emulsion Paint
- It is not suitable for external surfaces, wood and iron surface.
White (and its various forms such as off-white, beige, and eggshell) is popular and an all time favorite choice. It can be boring and too plain sometimes, but it also doesn't distract. It also makes a room look brighter and bigger.
It's great for just about any room, especially bathrooms and kitchens.
One of the biggest problems you face is -what looks to be "orange" on the sample in the store turns out to be "brown" on your wall. So it's really important to pick the right shade of paint by examining it under different sources of light.
The ceiling is looked at more often in the bedroom than in any other room. Decorating this place is an excellent way to give your bedroom a complete and well-designed look.
The kitchen is a place that requires frequent cleaning and maintenance. So select the right kind of paint.
As children’s rooms tend to be used frequently, it is very important that a high quality, washable paint should be used in order to remove hand prints, food stains, crayons and markers. So use the right kind of paint
Select latex /water based paints for interior walls because they do not fade away easily, less likely to crack or peel and have less odour .Moreover, latex paints are fast-drying and require only water for thinning and clean up.
Very high shining paint is quite reflective and should normally be reserved for doors and trims and to create special effects
Bedroom is a place where you spend the time for complete relaxation , so the type of paint and its finishing is essential factor if you want a neatly painted bedroom.
Paint is the job on which you spend a lot of money and time.
Not only on purchasing but also on labor you have to put extra efforts in choosing the right type, color of the paint, etc. which you would not desire to spend again and again. Hence, some careful steps should be taken
Surface preparation is 90 per cent of a painting job. Even the highest quality paint won’t adhere properly if the underlying surface is not prepared correctly. Good preparation requires the surface to be cleaned and smooth.
Fresh cemented wall should never be painted. Allow the cement to set well for at least 28 days
Outdoor walls always take a beating from the wind, rain and changes in temperature, these results in cracks. They can be filled so that you can get your wall looking as good as new.
When you plan your interior paint job, look at the environment in which your color will appear
Basic things required while painting are:
To do that, measure your room: 3-inch flat brush.
Small angled brush for trim or corners
Plaster of Paris (Pop) provides a thin and smooth finishing to a plastered wall.It needs to be applied first to provide smoothness and a solid surface for the painting.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
Bedroom Wardrobes are essential articles of furniture and are used for storing things in homes. These not only contain clothes and footwear but whatever you need also.
Vastu tips for Bathroom help us determine the position of toilet seats, mirror, wash basin, and other fixtures in the bathroom. Preferred color on the walls, position of the exhaust fan, geyser and other accessory is also governed by Vastu and you will find appropriate tips for these in this article.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Paint your room with light colors
Bedroom furniture in teak and red colored paint on walls
white and black bathroom
Simple and modern ivory colored upholstered bed design
Modern kitchen Interior in Blue color
White colored dining for the kitchen
Multiple Cabinets in Kids Room
Living Room,Alive with Colours
Bed Room with Orange and White Scheme
Cool trendy bedroom interior
Well furnished brown bedroom
Living room with green paint scheme
blue theme for kitchen
Red living room
Designer green bathroom vanity
Attractive white painted and marble top kitchen islands
Texture Bedroom Wall Paint
Wall Paint Design for Kids Room
Dining room ceiling, wall painting, curtains, Lighting, furniture
Stylish Ceiling and painted glass design for interior
Chandelier on gray painted ceiling
Tradionally painted work on ceiling
interior painted ceiling
Wall texture paint
Kids room wall art
striped pattern made with paint in wall
Dining room set painted in dual tone
exterior paint design
Rose Weave Bird Bath.jpg
sea shore theme for kids room paint ideas
Person doing paint on exterior wall
Painted Glass Ceiling
Striped pattern paint and wooden ceiling for restaurant
Paint Spray Gun
Attractive scenery design as kids room paint ideas
Wall Paint Design with Ethnic Chairs