Synthetic Enamel paint is a type of oil based paint with superior adhesion qualities. It is available in two types of finishes - glossy and matt and can stick to all primers. It can withstand frequent cleaning without losing its shinning. It can be used for new as well as old surfaces and can be done on wood, steel and walls.Synthetic enamel paint should be conforming IS:2932 of approved manufacture brand and required color .The paint is fairly durable and stain resistent.
Surface Preparation for Painting
- The surface should be cleaned of dust, mortar droppings and splashes of cement slurry etc.
- The wood work to be painted should be dry and free from moisture.
- All unevenness should be rubbed down smooth with sand paper.
- Knots if any should be covered with putty of same color.
- Priming coat should be applied before painting wood work.
Iron and Steel Surface
- All rust and scales should be removed by scraping.
- The surface should be cleaned of dust mortar dropping rust etc.
- Priming coat should be done on the surface with good quality of primer.
- The painting work should be done after the wall is dried completely.
- The surface should be cleaned of dust mortar dropping splashes of cement etc.
- Holes and undulations should be filled in with putty and be rubbed smooth.
- Primer coat should be done on the wall with good quality of primer.
Painting on Old Surface
- If the existing paint is firm and sound, it should be cleaned of grease, smoke etc.
- It should be rubbed with sand paper to remove all dusts.
- All patches and cracks should be treated with stopping and filler prepared with the specified paint.
- The surface should be rubbed and be made smooth and uniform.
- Each coat should be allowed to dry and be rubbed down smooth with fine sharp paper to get even and glossy surface.
After surface preparation the painting should be done evenly and smoothly with the help of painting brushes. Each coat should be done when previous coat is dried completely. Brush mark should not be visible on painted surface.
Tips for Painting Work
- Cement based primer which is white in color is laid on the wall before the application of Synthetic Enamel paint.
- This paint should not be used for bitumen surface (a mixture of hydrocarbons) road marking because the oil of enamel paint reacts with bitumen.
- Putty or POP. (Plaster of Paris) should be dry before the paint is applied.
- For POP. a little roughness of underlying surface is desirable for better sticking.
- No curing is required for POP and putty as they are self curing.
- Primer and each coat of paint should be dried before next coat is applied.
- Synthetic enamel paint should be done after six months of completion of newly plastered surface.
- Synthetic Enamel paint can stick to all primers and be done on wood, steel and walls.
Precautions for Synthetic Enamel Paint
- The surface should be rubbed with finest grade of sand paper to make it even and smooth.
- The undercoat should be thoroughly dry.
- The surface should be cleaned of grease, smoke etc.
- All patches and cracks should be treated with filler prepared with specified paint.
- The blistered or bubbled old paint should be removed.
Advantages of Synthetic Enamel Paint
- Available in container, ready to use.
- Tough durable and stain resistant and can withstand frequent cleaning without losing brightness.
- Washable and washing capability is more than that of plastic paint.
- Flows well and provides a durable finish that lasts for years.
- Used for both interior and exterior applications.
- Provides smoothness and brightness to the surface. Glossy finishes are generally used in bathroom, kitchens and for painting dado in hospitals, schools, stairs hall in public buildings etc.
- It takes much time to dry.
White (and its various forms such as off-white, beige, and eggshell) is popular and an all time favorite choice. It can be boring and too plain sometimes, but it also doesn't distract. It also makes a room look brighter and bigger.
It's great for just about any room, especially bathrooms and kitchens.
One of the biggest problems you face is -what looks to be "orange" on the sample in the store turns out to be "brown" on your wall. So it's really important to pick the right shade of paint by examining it under different sources of light.
The ceiling is looked at more often in the bedroom than in any other room. Decorating this place is an excellent way to give your bedroom a complete and well-designed look.
The kitchen is a place that requires frequent cleaning and maintenance. So select the right kind of paint.
As children’s rooms tend to be used frequently, it is very important that a high quality, washable paint should be used in order to remove hand prints, food stains, crayons and markers. So use the right kind of paint
Select latex /water based paints for interior walls because they do not fade away easily, less likely to crack or peel and have less odour .Moreover, latex paints are fast-drying and require only water for thinning and clean up.
Very high shining paint is quite reflective and should normally be reserved for doors and trims and to create special effects
Bedroom is a place where you spend the time for complete relaxation , so the type of paint and its finishing is essential factor if you want a neatly painted bedroom.
Paint is the job on which you spend a lot of money and time.
Not only on purchasing but also on labor you have to put extra efforts in choosing the right type, color of the paint, etc. which you would not desire to spend again and again. Hence, some careful steps should be taken
Surface preparation is 90 per cent of a painting job. Even the highest quality paint won’t adhere properly if the underlying surface is not prepared correctly. Good preparation requires the surface to be cleaned and smooth.
Fresh cemented wall should never be painted. Allow the cement to set well for at least 28 days
Outdoor walls always take a beating from the wind, rain and changes in temperature, these results in cracks. They can be filled so that you can get your wall looking as good as new.
When you plan your interior paint job, look at the environment in which your color will appear
Basic things required while painting are:
To do that, measure your room: 3-inch flat brush.
Small angled brush for trim or corners
Plaster of Paris (Pop) provides a thin and smooth finishing to a plastered wall.It needs to be applied first to provide smoothness and a solid surface for the painting.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
exterior paint style
exterior paint design
paint your house
exterior paint design
wall painting design
wall painting design
Look at the painting of the wall
color combination for Ceiling dome paint
Modern Living room sofa, LCD Unit, Paint, Wall and Lighting Design
Master Bedroom Interior, Walls, Furniture, Attached bathroom, Paint, LCD,etc
Victorian style Drawing Room with furniture, decorative mirrors and painting
Bedroom furniture in teak and red colored paint on walls
Dining room ceiling, wall painting, curtains, Lighting, furniture
Wine colored paint on the wall, Simple wooden bookcase, Dining Room Wooden Furniture
T style ceiling design in blue painted room
Striped paint on wall
Bedroom False ceiling and Wall painting
Wall Paint Design with Ethnic Chairs
Attractive scenery design as kids room paint ideas
Paint Spray Gun
Striped pattern paint and wooden ceiling for restaurant
Painted Glass Ceiling
Person doing paint on exterior wall
sea shore theme for kids room paint ideas
Rose Weave Bird Bath.jpg
Dining room set painted in dual tone
striped pattern made with paint in wall
Kids room wall art
Wall texture paint
interior painted ceiling
Tradionally painted work on ceiling
Chandelier on gray painted ceiling
Stylish Ceiling and painted glass design for interior
Wall Paint Design for Kids Room
Texture Bedroom Wall Paint
Attractive white painted and marble top kitchen islands