Colors are powerful tools and make the surface attractive .It has different meanings which influences our actions.
Color for Kids Room
- Children’s rooms are a very special and attractive place in the home and should reflect the interests of the child. So select the paint according to their taste -
- You can use bright high shine primary colors (red, green, yellow, blue) to make different patterns look interesting such as polka dots, checks, geometrical shapes, numbers, alphabets, etc. They can be applied either as border or throughout the wall.
- Contemporary color favorites include purples, vibrant, blues, pinks, yellows and greens.
- Choose the colors that go well with the furniture.
Note: Bright colors should be used in limit or it may look disturbing.
Color for Living Room
- The living room are heavy traffic areas and are the first places of your house that are visited by guests. Hence, they show the first impression about you and your personality. So choose the right kind of color combination that is both durable and attractive.
- Use dark colors along with lighter shades of the same color or glazed type/version of the same paint color to create stripes on the walls. This will also help you add height to the living room.
- Choose pastel colors as they provide brightness and charm to the living room.
- Any of the warm red-yellow colors such as peach or rose can be a good choice to enhance the look.
- Go for bright, bold colors such as hot pink, aqua and yellow as you only get glimpses of the space as you move through.
- It is also advisable to use chocolate brown or very dark colors in satin or semi-gloss finishing, so that they don’t look dull and boring.
- You may add faux crackle finishing to your living room wall by first painting it with dark color followed by lighter color. Thus, when the paint crackles, the darker color from beneath gives an interesting look to the living room walls. If you are using faux painting techniques, choose the right kind of paint.
- Faux dragging technique may not be able to use latex paint as it dries too quickly.
Color for Kitchen
- The kitchen is one of the most frequently used living space within the home. As families spend an increasing number of hours together in the kitchen space, both function and style play very important roles.
- The modern use of color will help your kitchen space to shine.
- White is the evergreen color for kitchens.
- The kitchen painted with colors such as orange, red and yellow should match nicely to the bright lights of the cooking area.
- Red increases the appetite that is why it is often used in restaurants, and can be a good choice for a formal dining rooms or kitchens.
- Mid tones of green are good for kitchens.
- The kitchen represents a venue for an unlimited number of ways to include unique colors.
- Good use of color contrast on walls can help enhance visibility and mobility within the kitchen.
- Select paint or wallpaper with light colors to brighten the room and to make dark-colored furniture, light switches and electrical outlets should stand out.
- Avoid bright colors and busy patterns, which may contribute to eyestrain.
(This Picture is Contributed by "Love thy community")
Color for Bathroom
- Fresh linen white seems a good bathroom color idea as it makes the bath room fresh, clean and simple and works well with almost all the colors and shades.
- Crispy white bathrooms with light soothing blue tone (Blue creates a calming effect and it highlights the bath room for relaxation and treat. Blue also makes a bath appear larger).
- Go for lime green and shades of pink (for a quiet, restful space).
- Peach provides good reflection for the skin which is important in a room where applying make up and shaving are everyday happenings.
- Certain warm shades like yellow, cream and apricot as they provide comfort, warmth and coziness. But these colors can make a small bathroom look even smaller. (When using warm colors, be sure to combine them with whites and neutrals to tone down some of their intensity/ strength).
- For decoration in bath room, you can choose gold or light brown paint.
- You can also choose your paint color that matches with the color of the tiles, mirror frame, towel, etc to create a decorative appearance.
Note: Do not use dark colors in bathrooms that don’t get enough natural light or use plenty of artificial light to balance it. Dim light in dark bathrooms makes them too dark to apply make up.
(This Picture is Contributed by "Anna Jacob")
White (and its various forms such as off-white, beige, and eggshell) is popular and an all time favorite choice. It can be boring and too plain sometimes, but it also doesn't distract. It also makes a room look brighter and bigger.
It's great for just about any room, especially bathrooms and kitchens.
One of the biggest problems you face is -what looks to be "orange" on the sample in the store turns out to be "brown" on your wall. So it's really important to pick the right shade of paint by examining it under different sources of light.
The ceiling is looked at more often in the bedroom than in any other room. Decorating this place is an excellent way to give your bedroom a complete and well-designed look.
The kitchen is a place that requires frequent cleaning and maintenance. So select the right kind of paint.
As children’s rooms tend to be used frequently, it is very important that a high quality, washable paint should be used in order to remove hand prints, food stains, crayons and markers. So use the right kind of paint
Select latex /water based paints for interior walls because they do not fade away easily, less likely to crack or peel and have less odour .Moreover, latex paints are fast-drying and require only water for thinning and clean up.
Very high shining paint is quite reflective and should normally be reserved for doors and trims and to create special effects
Bedroom is a place where you spend the time for complete relaxation , so the type of paint and its finishing is essential factor if you want a neatly painted bedroom.
Paint is the job on which you spend a lot of money and time.
Not only on purchasing but also on labor you have to put extra efforts in choosing the right type, color of the paint, etc. which you would not desire to spend again and again. Hence, some careful steps should be taken
Surface preparation is 90 per cent of a painting job. Even the highest quality paint won’t adhere properly if the underlying surface is not prepared correctly. Good preparation requires the surface to be cleaned and smooth.
Fresh cemented wall should never be painted. Allow the cement to set well for at least 28 days
Outdoor walls always take a beating from the wind, rain and changes in temperature, these results in cracks. They can be filled so that you can get your wall looking as good as new.
When you plan your interior paint job, look at the environment in which your color will appear
Basic things required while painting are:
To do that, measure your room: 3-inch flat brush.
Small angled brush for trim or corners
Plaster of Paris (Pop) provides a thin and smooth finishing to a plastered wall.It needs to be applied first to provide smoothness and a solid surface for the painting.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
Bedroom Wardrobes are essential articles of furniture and are used for storing things in homes. These not only contain clothes and footwear but whatever you need also.
Vastu tips for Bathroom help us determine the position of toilet seats, mirror, wash basin, and other fixtures in the bathroom. Preferred color on the walls, position of the exhaust fan, geyser and other accessory is also governed by Vastu and you will find appropriate tips for these in this article.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
bathroom tub with different color
Kids canopy bed and kids room Interior in Pink Color
Wine colored paint on the wall, Simple wooden bookcase, Dining Room Wooden Furniture
red colored tiles on floor in Dining room
Rust Color Sofa for living room with wooden windows and Lamp for lighting
Different drawing room design decoration
White colored kitchen with white colored appliances
Meeting room or conference room
Black colored granite on L shaped Kitchen counter top with white colored cabinets
Black colored granite on Kitchen counter top with white colored cabinets
Living Room Different Style Chairs
different lighting for the same room
too good Dining Room Lighting and colors
living room in a pretty pink color
Great color combination makes the room alive
Teens room for Bright Color bedroom
Bold vibrant colors for Modern Teen Living room
orange color room
Multi color kids room
Multi color kids room
Ceiling design and room decor
A beautiful drawing room design with good ceiling and wall decor
puja room with tv cabinet
Ceiling and Lighting arrangement for contemporary and modern Living Room.
3D picture for Living room
POP ceiling design for Drawing room
Living room wall unit design
Kitchen cabinets color and design
carpet on drawing room
modren bed room
Bedroom concept using Dark and Light colors
living room interiors
Ceiling design for conference room
Space saver Furniture design idea for Kids Room decor
Modern Basket Sofa for Living Room
Marvellous Dining Room and Living Room
Living Room Decoration
Kids Room Pets Theme
Pooja room Doors
Cozy & Stylish Living Room
Living room false ceiling with colorful alcoves
Loft-kids Room decor
Ceiling design for living room
Drawing room ceiling
Drawing Room Interiors and Furniture