If you are planning for wooden board flooring, the first thing before buying timber is to check the timber should be of first grade.
The main beams, joists and boards shall be checked in the following manner:
- The timber shall be free from decay, fungal growth, boxed heart, pitch pockets or streaks on the exposed edges, splits and cracks.
- The timber should be graded as first grade timber.
- Knots should be avoided over a specified limit.
- For proper utility of timber in various climatic conditions, it is necessary to ensure control on moisture content of timber. It should be ensure that all timber used in the floors shall be thoroughly seasoned in accordance with IS 1141. After seasoning the timber shall be treated with preservative in accordance with IS:401
- The timber shall be treated with anti termite chemical treatment.
Recommendations for size of board for wooden board flooring
- Boards should be of uniform width and thickness.
- The width of the board shall not be less than 100mm and not more than 150mm.
- Try to keep same width of the board throughout the room except where the width of the room is not an exact multiple of the board.
- In such cases as given above, the difference of width shall be equally adjusted between the two end boards (adjacent with walls).
- The length of board shall not exceed 3 meter anywhere.
- The length of board may be taken according to drawing and designed of the floor.
- The usual thickness of the board is 19mm to 25 mm.
- The chosen board /wood should have decorative grain and attractive natural color.
- The top surface of board shall be smooth.
- The longitudinal joints of the planks shall be tongued and grooved to a minimum depth of 12mm.
A beautiful, elegant and sophisticated option of flooring adds to the value of your home. Oak flooring is such a choice that complements to the decor and design of your home. It is hygienic, hard wearing, and easy to clean. This article tells you about manufacturing, installation and benefits of oak flooring.
Do you want to add some spice to your home with amazing patterns of wooden flooring? Its' carved designs can keep pace with latest lifestyles. These designs and styles have always been known for their aesthetic craftsmanship.
The recommended method for leveling of concrete in wooden block flooring is described in the writeup.
Ever wondered how to start a diagonal hardwood floor installation? This article provides useful tips for giving your flo
Installation Precautions are compulsory to make wooden flooring long lasting. If You do not follow these precautions, you will have to bear a great loss in your wooden floors.
When you feel that the finishing of the floor is out of fashion or you are getting bore of it, refinish your old hardwoo
Two types of Wooden flooring:1. Wooden Boards flooring, 2. Wooden Block flooring
The screws should be countersunk.Iron screws shall be of the slotted countersunk head type.
Boards of hardwood or softwood are of good quality and free of knots.The usual thickness of the boards is 19 mm or 25 mm.
Raw materials for Wooden board flooring-Wooden boards, Wooden planks such as Deodar, Pine, Galvanized metal floor clips
Timber can be seasoned by providing a long drying time
The leveling layer of concrete shall be cement concrete 1:2:4 (1 cement,2 coarse sand,4 stone aggregate 10 mm nominal size by volume
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Bathroom Planning, Ceiling, Lighting, Vanity, Flooring, Bath tub and Interior
Drawers wooden tall unit
Wooden Interior door design
modren bed room
Exterior Wooden Door
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin , Walls, Doors, Mirrors
Vinyl Flooring Design
Wooden kitchen cabinets with bar counter
Dining room Wooden Furniture
Living room Ceiling, Lighting, LCD unit, Wall Unit, Furniture and Flooring
Perimeter Border Flooring
Wooden center table design
red colored tiles on floor in Dining room
Wooden entrance door design with arch
Kids room interior, wardrobe, flooring, ceiling, furniture design
Living Room Ceiling and Flooring
Hardwood flooring with steel strips for open kitchen and living room
Bed and Bath
Ground Floor Elevation