Doors work like solid barriers in a wall opening. They are used for access between rooms and maintaining the privacy. These doors consist of two parts - frame and shutter. Wood is still the most popular choice of material for construction of door and windows. There are various type of wood used in the manufacturing of doors such as teak, deodar, chir, sal, hardwood etc. Due to price rise teak and deodar wood is rarely used. Hardwood door are used these days as per easily availability and low price.
Solid Core Door
Hollow Metal Insulated Door
Hollow Core Wood Door
Design for hardwood doors:-
There are various designs available in wooden doors:
- Paneled Door
- Ply Paneled Door
- Flush Door
- Half Panel and Half Glazed Door
- Glazed Door
- Wire gauze Door
- Ledged/Braced & Battened Door
- Louvered Door
Paneled Hardwood Door Designs
There are four primary types of paneled door design as
- Panel Door : Consists of wooden panels or boards fixed onto a frame surrounded by wood stiles and railing; panels can be made from solid wood or plywood. Panel doors can consist of one to six wooden panels; but this may be increased. Different types of panels can be used such as plywood, solid timber or glass of various designs and thickness.
- Single panel door : The framing for the single panel door comprises of two stiles (vertical member), a top and bottom rail (horizontal members), all of which are of same thickness.
- Double panel door : It consists of two wooden panels with additional middle rail or stile that divides the frame into two parts.
- Door with three panels : It consists of three wooden panels which include two middle rails or stiles.
- Door with six panels : It consists of six wooden panels including three middle stiles and four middle rails divide the frame into six parts of same thickness.
- Double-leaf doors with six panels : They consist of two frames with three panels each.
- Partly paneled and partly glazed door : It consists of glass panels along with wooden panels. The glass panels are held in place by the use of fixed moldings.
- Solid Core Door : It consists of a solid lumber core, compressed wooden fiber core, or rigid foam board laminated on plywood or metal facing.
- Hollow Metal Insulated Door : It consists of welded sheet metal. Mineral or cement board (fire resistant or rigid foam board/insulation) is usually added as a core
- Hollow Core Wooden Door : It consists of a plywood ( press board) and a honeycomb wood ( paper interior core) .Hollow core wooden doors are usually for interior use only.
Since homes have several doors to enter or exit, it is important to look at the efficiency of these doors. This can be done by selecting an efficient door.
Note: These doors come in a set of standard sizes width: 24, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36 and height: 78, 80, 82 and thickness: 1 3/8, 1 3/4 and 2 (all measurements in inches).
High Wind can affect the life of door, if it is not properly shut down.
A board which is made by joining two or three layers is called plywood board.
Roller doors are designed to give thermal and insulation properties much higher than the average garage door.
The entry doors should not only be chosen for security purposes but for designing point of view also.
Lobby is the place where you spend most of your time and hence, it is frequently used. Therefore, it requires a revolving door that also controls the temperature of the room.
Guest room is a place of attraction where relaxing and formal appearance with a touch of style is required.
Termites travel in tale tubes and are supposed to eat away wood that leads to the great loss.Use termite detector to check the presence of termites
To avoid weakening and ageing through the influence of moisture and sunlight, a wooden door should always be covered with
For small bathrooms, a sliding door works well as it takes less space to open or close.
Panel doors can consist of one to six wooden panels; but this may be increased.Hollow core wooden doors are usually for interior use only.
Thermo foil (PVC i.e. polyvinyl chloride) kitchen cabinets are a great choice for your kitchen.
Wood provides insulation that is 400 times more effective than steel and 1800 times more effective than aluminum.
Available in various types i.e. cast iron, wrought iron etc.Tough and durable
The glass doors add richness, light, beauty and charm to any doorway in your home.
Various accessories recommended for wooden doors are
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
hardwood flooring for open kitchen
bedroom with hardwood flooring in large space
Home theatre with multi-sitting and hardwood flooring
hardwood flooring for living room
Hardwood kitchen Flooring
Hardwood flooring designing
Hardwood Flooring design
Hardwood Flooring for kitchen
Hardwood textured flooring for living room
Round table and hardwood floor in dining area
Hardwood floor pattern for living room
Hardwood bedroom flooring trends
Hardwood Bedroom Flooring
Hardwood Kitchen Floor
Hardwood Flooring in Dining Room
Hardwood Floor in Bedroom
Hardwood flooring samples
Hardwood Flooring for Drawing Room
Hardwood Flooring beneath Bathtub
Hardwood Flooring looks great