Window is an opening in the wall for the purpose of providing day light and ventilation and affording out side view. Window consists of frame and shutter. The shutter may be having full glass or half glass or in some cases have ply or wooden panel. Window are usually open able windows but in some cases may be fully fixed or half open able and half fixed.
Various materials used for windows are following:
- Aluminium:It is inexpensive lightweight. Aluminum conducts heat and cold and has high thermal expansion.
- Vinyl:It is also inexpensive and requires low maintenance. It is somewhat durable.
- Fiberglass:This has the highest R-values of all frames however it will be more expensive than windows made of aluminum or vinyl.
- Ultrex:This fiberglass material is tough, durable, non-corrosive, non-brittle and requires low-maintenance. It insulates much like wood and PVC. It does not discolor or fade.
- Wood: Wood is attractive and provides good insulation. It can be refinished, repaired and repainted. Wooden Windows are unaffected by temperature and are less prone to condensation.
In the wood
There are various type of wood used for manufacturing of doors such as teak, deodar, chir, sal, hardwood etc. Due to price rise teak and deodar wood is rarely used. Hardwood window are used these days as per easily availability and low price for low budget works.
Various types of windows according to working as mentioned below:
- Awning window
- Casement Window
- Single Hung Windows
- Double-hung Window
- Gliding Window
- Single Hung Windows
- Pictured/Fixed Window
- Bay & Bow Window
- Awning window: These windows are hinged at the top of the wall and open out at the bottom using a crank handle. This window offers a unique style, energy efficiency, low maintenance and durability. Such windows are designed to circulate air during rainy season. The window blocks reduce the heat of the sun and protect furniture, carpets and other indoor items against sun.
- Casement window: These windows are generally placed at one side of the wall and usually opens outwards like a door. The windows give you proper views from top-to-bottom and side-to-side. Easy to operate and locks tightly providing greater security. Casement windows provide full ventilation to a room.
- Single Hung Windows: Single hung windows are typically the same as double hung windows. However in a single-hung window the lower sash (sash is a movable part of the window) opens upwards while the upper sash remains fixed to the wall. This window opens vertically providing ventilation. Curved moldings provide elegant look and soft design lines add beauty to your home. The upper sash is fixed and the other sash can be removed for cleaning and maintenance. Ventilation limit locks add security allowing windows to remain partially open.
- Double-hung window: This window has two sashes (sash means a movable part of the window) both sashes operate vertically. Both sashes provide maximum ventilation to a room. Double-hung-windows are opened without consuming exterior space. These hung windows are easy to maintain for cleaning. Ventilation limit locks add security allowing windows to remain partially open. This window does not take extra space while opening towards the wall.
- Gliding window: Such windows have two sashes (sash means movable part of the window) which open horizontally and pass over each other. This window is easy to operate and , provides a stylish look to a wall. The simply designed window provides reliability and durability. Both sashes operate for maximum ventilation and for easy cleaning. Generally, these are placed at some height on the walls, especially in homes with children.
- Pictured / Fixed window: These types of windows are usually fixed and cannot be opened .Such windows do not provide ventilation to a room. Fixed frame windows are good looking and are only for decorative purposes. This window provides beautiful look to the room where it is installed. This window is great source of sunlight. Fixed windows are generally used to see the outside view.
- Bay&Bow window: Bay & Bow windows are combinations of three or more windows projecting outwards from a room . This window gives a curved look Such a window increases the area of a room and provides extra space to a room which add grace to the room . It increases the flow of light into a room. This window gives attractive and beautiful look for enjoying the beauty of nature.
- Skylight Window:Skylight Window usually opens outwards and it is faced towards sun. This window is an ideal choice for humid environments such as bathrooms and kitchens where the finishing makes them totally water resistant. This window is smooth and it is easily operated. Central hinges hold the opened window firmly. The window presents the full face of it towards the sky to let in the maximum sunlight. This window is smooth and it is easily operated. Central hinges hold the opened window firmly. This window provides Total Light and Sound Proofing. The design of the window allows easy cleaning and using the room below.
The following are the brands of the boards :-
There are two types of Protective Coatings used for wooden windows:
Plywood is available in thickness ranging from 3mm to 25mm
Board's Thickness should be 16mm
The Standard sizes of plywood are following:
The presence sign of termites is through tale tubes. Termites travel in these tubes and are supposed to eat away wood that leads to great loss.
Window bolts should be tight properly.Windows should be shut down properly in bad weather conditions.
Varnish is used for protection and decoration of interior wood surfaces.Polyurethane based finish gives wooden surface a rich and natural finish that enhances the beauty of the wood and texture of surface.
Wooden windows provide beauty, warmth and style.Wood provides insulation that is 400 times more effective than steel and 1800 times more effective than aluminum.
A window knob is a popular type used for opening and closing a door.Window handle must look stylish, provide easy to grip, have smooth finish and match with furniture.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.