Termite Treatment for windows- Precautions and tips to remember
Initial Inspection Report
Initial inspection requires a complete thorough inspection of the buildings including wooden doors and windows and surrounds, and a detailed written report on areas inspected, evidence found of termite activity, high-risk termite entry areas inaccessible to inspection and termite control options and limitations thereto. The presence sign of termites is through tale tubes.
Termites travel in these tubes and are supposed to eat away wood that leads to great loss. Wooden doors and windows should be tapped to check hollow sound, which indicates termite attack. Use termite detector to check the presence of termite. After detecting the termite presence, treatment of woodwork may be done so that door and windows is termite free. Anti termite chemical treatment called “Post construction chemical treatment” should be done. After taking all safety measures, if the presence of termites is suspected in the building, anti termite chemical treatment called “Post construction chemical treatment” should be done.
Once termites enter the building, they keep on multiplying, destroying wooden, and cellulose materials. The following tips should be kept in mind during chemical treatment.
- Make holes along outside foundation and fill them with chemicals to provide barrier around the house or building
- Treat the junction of floors and walls by drilling holes and filling them with chemicals.
- Also, treat the voids in masonry with anti termite treatment.
- Apply chemicals on all points of contact of woodwork with either ground or any part of structure.
- Replace woodwork, which is damaged beyond the limit of repair.
- All traces of termite tubes shall be removed so that any fresh infestation that may occur at the later may be easily detected.
- The new tubes of termites are moist; the old ones are dry and break The Tubes must be scratched out with knife to destroy termites.
- Seal nail holes and cracks in exposed wooden doors to prevent easy access by dry wood termites.
- Dry wood termites are treated usually by removing infested wood.
- Spray chemicals like insecticides, pesticides, to facilitate proper penetration of chemicals into the surface of the door to be treated, hand operated pressure pumps should be used. Chemicals should be mixed with water.
- Spraying chemicals provides only surface protection and does not penetrate the center of the wood, where it is most needed.
Pressure-treated wood provides effective termite control if it is used for all wooden constructions.
Remove possible food sources from around the house (dead remains, firewood
- Try to inject chemicals (insecticides, pesticides) by drilling holes of 6mm in diameter at a downward angle of 45 degrees at the joint of door and masonry (wall, floor etc.).
- The treated holes should then be sealed.
- In extreme cases, the infested door can be painted with one to two coats of chemicals.
- If there is more, damage, remove the particular wooden door and fix the new one.
Things to remember:
- Termite treatment is best if left in the hands of a professional.
- It is better to treat the termites within foundation as they start growing from foundation itself.
- Eliminate moisture problems in and around the home
- Use net panels on all the doors.
Have you protected your home from termites? Termites destroy household articles and create unhygienic conditions for inhabitants of the house. This article tells you about anti termite treatments and various precautionary measures to make your home safe from termites.
In nature, subterranean termites are beneficial. They break down many dead trees and other wooden materials..
Termites are divided into two types on the basis of their habitats.
INITIAL INSPECTION AND REPORT requires a complete thorough inspection of the buildings and surrounds, and a detailed written report on areas inspected, evidence found of termite activity, high risk termite entry areas inaccessible to inspection and termite control options and limitations thereto.
The timber buried in ground. The means of mud shelter tubes constructed over unprotected foundations
The insecticides are regarded as poisons and can have adverse effect on health when absorbed through skin ,inhaled as vapors ,or spray mist, or swallowed.
Chlorpyrifos is mainly used for the control of termite.
For Termite Control in existing as well as new buildings, soil treatment with chemical is essential in order to protect buildings against termite attack.
“How to control Termite” is one of the main concerns in old as well as in new constructions. Termite damages the structure in several ways; eat up the articles of furniture such as chairs, sofas, doors, windows, cupboards and stationeries.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.