Doors and windows have two main parts one is frame and other is shutter. There are ready made doors and windows available in the market but in some cases these are made locally by the house owner. To obtain good quality door and window both in material and manufacturing some guide lines or check list to be followed which are as under.
- For wooden door and window
- Ensure that timber/ wood used in door and window frame and shutters should be free from sapwood, decay, cracks, shakes and dead knots.
- Ensure that the size of frame is accurate according to size given in the drawing.
- See that design and specification of shutter is according to drawing and requirement.
- Ensure the door and window shutters should be fabricated by using machine and size of components are as under. Bottom rail=200 mm, Lock rail=150mm, Side and top rail=100mm, panel 12mm.
- In case of ply or block board panel, ensure that the ply is water proof of reputed firm.
- Ensure the finishing of frame and shutter is up to the mark i.e. line, level, smoothness and planning.
- Check the joints which should be properly glued and secured with bamboo pins.
- Check that the portion of frame coming in contact of the wall is well treated with wooden preservative.
- At the time of fixing frame, check the size of hold fast and the hold fast filled with cement concrete.
- Check the size and thickness of panel, glass, putty, beading, ply and glue are proper as per specification.
- At the time of fixing door and window shutter in frame, see the screws are of proper size and tight with screwdriver not hammered.
- For Iron Door and windows
- Ensure that the members of door and window should be free from rust, cracks and surface flaws.
- Check that steel members should be from repudiated firm and bear manufacturer stamps on the surface of steel member.
- Check the size and design should be according to drawing and requirement.
- Check that door and window individual member must be in one length, joints will not acceptable.
- Check that welding on joints should be through not in touch form and joints should be made smooth by grinding. The cutting and drilling should be done by machine not by hand tool.
- See that there is not any welding material chip on the surface.
- At the time of fixing see that the hold fast are proper fixed with cement concrete in wall.
- The door and window should be in plumb and line.
- See that the back side hollow portion of pressed steel frame should be filled with cement concrete.
- For Aluminum Door and windows
- Ensure that the Aluminum door and window frames should be made by reputed local workshop using machines.
- Check that the members should be from standard sections and from repudiated firm.
- Check that the fasteners used should be zinc plated. The cutting and drilling should be done by machine not by hand tool.
- See that while fixing the aluminum frames, steel screws should be used instead of iron screws.
- Ensure that the corners of door and window are at right angle.
- See that while fixing the frame, the frame should be in straight line and in plumb.
- Ensure that the aluminum doors and windows frame should be free from cracks, surface flaws.
High Wind can affect the life of door, if it is not properly shut down.
A board which is made by joining two or three layers is called plywood board.
Roller doors are designed to give thermal and insulation properties much higher than the average garage door.
The entry doors should not only be chosen for security purposes but for designing point of view also.
Lobby is the place where you spend most of your time and hence, it is frequently used. Therefore, it requires a revolving door that also controls the temperature of the room.
Guest room is a place of attraction where relaxing and formal appearance with a touch of style is required.
Termites travel in tale tubes and are supposed to eat away wood that leads to the great loss.Use termite detector to check the presence of termites
To avoid weakening and ageing through the influence of moisture and sunlight, a wooden door should always be covered with
For small bathrooms, a sliding door works well as it takes less space to open or close.
Panel doors can consist of one to six wooden panels; but this may be increased.Hollow core wooden doors are usually for interior use only.
Thermo foil (PVC i.e. polyvinyl chloride) kitchen cabinets are a great choice for your kitchen.
Wood provides insulation that is 400 times more effective than steel and 1800 times more effective than aluminum.
Available in various types i.e. cast iron, wrought iron etc.Tough and durable
The glass doors add richness, light, beauty and charm to any doorway in your home.
Various accessories recommended for wooden doors are
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
UPVC Window & UPVC Door Manufacturer India, UPVC Window & UPVC Door Design in India
Exterior Door and Windows
Door sized windows in the bed room bring-in good sunlight
Ceiling, door and window design for bedroom
Carpet Flooring in Bedroom with windows and window covering
Stained glass contemporary design for Windows and Doors
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin, Vanity, Bath tub, Door, Window
Cozy Bedroom Lighting, large windows with window curtains and carpet flooring
Modern style drawing room furniture, wall stone cladding, wooden flooring, large windows and doors
Designing of doors and Windows
Glass windows in entrance door
wooden windows full window
ARCHED DOOR & WINDOW
Combined door and window design
metal windows & door frame
hollow metal door frames & windows
Exterior Doors and Windows
Large windows and glass panel door
Sliding garage door in wood with top windows
Ceiling design and curved door windows