The Meditation Zone
One of the most important areas in any home is the prayer or meditation area. This has to be a zone of tranquility, which helps the occupants of the house attain inner peace in this crowded and busy world. It works by creating an atmosphere in which mind, body and spirit are soothed and made tranquil.
According to Vaastu norms, the northeast corner zone is most suitable for the prayer room or home temple. If you do not have the space to allocate an entire room for this purpose, dedicate a small area on the east wall of North-east zone of the house.
These are a few key aspects to be kept in mind:
1) The deity or photograph should be positioned in such a way that you face east while
praying towards it. West is the second best location.
2) The lamp or diya can be placed in the south east corner.
3) Photographs (pictures) of dead people or ancestors should not be kept in the prayer
4) Keep this room neat, clean and clutter free.
5) This room should be strictly used for prayer and meditation.
6) Due to shortage of space, some people keep a small wall-mounted temple in the bedroom or kitchen. A curtain should be placed in front of it when it is not in use.
7) The temple should not share a wall with the toilet of the house;