Before you take bath, ensure the safety of bathroom by setting water heater temperature, using non skid floor mats and grab bars, applying high-quality electric cords and appliances and by utilizing superior bathroom accessories. Bathtub, showers, electrical devices, bathroom accessories should be utilized carefully while taking bath. Keeping bathroom neat, clean, and dry reduce the risk of bathroom injuries. This article tells you some bathroom safety tips to avoid slippage, fires and drowning risks.
Apply good electric appliances and bright lighting
- Fix ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) to protect self from dangerous shocks when water and electricity come in contact. Hire an electrician to install GFCI circuit in your bathroom.
- Fix temperature setting device to control water heater temperature in bathroom and always check temperature of water before you enter the bathroom.
- Ensure that outlets meet current safety standards if they are near sink or another water source.
- Place hair dryer machines, curling irons and electrical razors away from water.
- Always remove plugs from switches after use.
- Light up bathroom with bright lighting and fix glow/luminous switches that can be seen in the dark.
Use bathroom safety grab bars and non skid mats to avoid fall
- Fix grab bars on walls near bathtub, shower and toilet especially for children and elderly persons to prevent fall when you come out of tub or shower.
- Fix grab bar diagonally, 36 inches above tub and fasten it to the studs for utility.
- Put non-slip strips in floor tub or under shower to avoid slippage.
- Make use of non skid mats in bathroom.
- Keep bathroom floor clean and dry to avoid slippage on the floor.
- Always keep bathroom clean and dry to prevent growth of molds and harmful bacteria.
- Do not fix slippery tiles to stop slippage.
Apply labels of ‘Caution’, ‘Warning’, or ‘Danger’ on boxes or bottles.
Prevent fire incidences
- Keep a large and deep ashtray in bathroom for smokers.
- Put out cigarette buttes before throwing them away in garbage can.
- Use good quality wiring according to the load to avoid fire due to short circuit.
- Do not use defective or naked wires for electrical appliance to avoid electric shock and fire.
- In case of emergency if you use candles, blow out them while leaving bathroom.
Don’t allow young children take bath alone
- Don’t allow young children to pick bath tub alone.
- Stay close to children when they are in tub.
- Keep medicines and cleaning products in original containers and label them.
- Also keep medicines, cosmetics and cleaning supplies in locked cabinet.
General bathroom safety tips
Set water heater at 120 degrees F
or less (just below medium setting).
Take tub rather than shower bath to reduce the risk of scald from suddenly changing water temperature.
Install cabinet under sink to store floor cleaning chemicals, drain cleaners and bathroom items.
Apply shower seat or chair for elder persons who want more stability.
Utilize transfer bench fitted over bathtub for elders or injured persons to keep them balanced.
Remove poisonous things from your bathroom.
Keep toilet sheets covered when not in use as children might trap into them.
Our bathroom designs article includes the remodeling tips, as well as includes the ultimate in bathroom lighting, bathroom ventilation, bathroom color scheme, bathroom cabinets, bathroom curtains etc.
Bathroom requires careful planning otherwise you can face some big problems of water leakage, slippery floor and poor ventilation. To avoid some mistakes in bathroom design find out some facts.
A bathroom often expresses the sense of style and individual choice of the home owner. A bathtub can make your bathroom luxurious and stylish. You can choose from a range of bathtub from free standing to claw foot and from Jacuzzi to build in or walk in bathtubs.
Taking bath in a clean bathroom keeps your body and mind refreshed throughout the day whereas a smelly bathroom has adverse effects on the health of occupants and creates unhygienic environment. Just read this article to know some useful tips for elimination of bathroom odor.
GharExpert have updated collection of awesome bathroom pictures. Users also take interest in in uploading pictures in picture gallery. GharExpert have a large database for all types of bathroom i.e. small space bathroom, Large bathroom, bathroom organization.
Glass never goes out of style and creates an absolute amazing and interesting environment within your bathroom. If you use more glass in your bathrooms, then it will look more appealing and mysterious. Glass not only offers a unique look to your bathroom but also make the bathroom look spacious.
Today people are using shower enclosure in their bathroom to make it look elegant. To create a feeling of openness and spaciousness, glass shower enclosure is great. to know more about glass shower enclosures read this article.
Bathroom wall and corner cabinets offer you the space to store different bathroom accessories. This article guides you to select the bathroom cabinets for your bathroom layout. The stylish bathroom cabinets with bathroom mirrors compliment the decor of your bathroom and definitely change your bathroom interior.
Decorating your bathroom is vital to exceeding the bland and generic stock bathrooms. All the articles found here contain helpful information about bathroom accessories, bathroom lighting, shelves, mirror etc.
Bathroom lighting enlightens your bathroom as well as your mood. Proper lighting in bathroom creates the desired effect as you always want. A well lit bathroom looks simply great and ensures your safety. Read many wonderful trendy lighting tips for your bathroom.
A home steam bath can be installed into a new construction or in an existing one. You can install a modular steam bath or portable steam bath if you are remodeling your bathroom. Portable steam bath is a great choice for small apartments.
A soothing color in bathroom refreshes our body and mind and adds to the grace of bathroom. Stimulating bathroom color schemes like blue, orange turn your bath into rapture.
A small bathroom can work well and give you the same delight of having bath if you do not clutter it with unnecessary things. You can give large bathroom look by applying lighting styles, mirrors on walls, Light paint on walls, Light colored wall tiles etc.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Bathroom is a place of recreation rather than a space to bathe. The bathroom has become an essential living space in today’s home.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
KIDS ROOM BATHROOM TILES
Framed Bathroom Mirror in Bathroom
LPG SAFETY DEVICE -KINGFUSE
Kitchen Safety (Smoke Alarm)
Kitchen Safety (Knife Guard)
Kitchen Safety (Fire Extingwisher)
Fire Safety Alarm
LPG SAFETY DEVICE -KINGFUSE
Bathroom Interior with Olive colored wall tiles, Bathroom large window
Bathroom Lighting Fixture and Bathroom sink
Large rectangular bathroom with Bathroom Lights
Look at the simple and Contemporary Bathroom Lighting and bathroom interior in wooden finish
Bathroom Light Fittings and bath tub in the bathroom
Bathroom Safety (Non-Skid Mat)
bathroom tub with different color
Classic Bathroom with Glass shower
Bathroom sink and shower cabinet
DESIGN OF SAFETY DOOR FOR APARTMENTS
Stylish Bathroom design
Bathroom Vanity Design
modern bathroom -5
Bed and Bath
Kids Bathroom Shower Curtain
small space Bathroom
Bathroom with Double Sink
Small Space Bathroom
bathroom cabinet, WC and bathroom storage
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin , Walls, Doors, Mirrors
Beautiful Bathroom Interiors
Bathroom Wall paper design
Bathroom Vanity Design
Bathroom Planning, Ceiling, Lighting, Vanity, Flooring, Bath tub and Interior