How to Maintain Air Conditioner?
Air conditioner is a good appliance to get relief from scorching summer. It requires periodic maintenance like other items of the house. The homeowners can use the following points to maintain air conditioners properly.
Maintenance of air conditioner during summer
- Uncover air conditioner before switching on: Before you switch on air conditioner, make sure that condensing unit is not covered. For proper functioning the conditioner draws air from outside and then circulates the air inside the home. Some people intentionally cover their air conditioners to protect elements during winter season, but these units are designed to keep it outside and don’t need any protection.
- Remove any nearby obstruction: For smooth working of air conditioner, there should be no obstruction like newspaper and leaves around the exterior of air conditioner. If there is any obstruction like cover, furniture, bags of leaves and lawn clippings in the way of drawing air from outside, the process of air conditioner is disturbed as it is unable to draw enough outside air. Many homeowners forget to remove stacked lawn furniture and other items placed near air conditioners.
- Ensure all panels are fixed properly: All access panels of air conditioner are secure in all respects, with the help of all screws fixed in proper position.
- Set thermostat at proper temperature: The thermostat should be set in cooling mode. Just setting the dial below room temperature will not activate cooling if it is set in the heat mode.
- Change air filter regularly: For smooth working of air conditioner and obtaining maximum efficiency, change air filter regularly. When the filter becomes dirty, disposable fiberglass filter should be replaced by a new one. Electrostatic or electronic filters should be washed regularly.
- Keep air conditioners clean: Thoroughly cleaned air conditioning unit will provide maximum efficiency. Homeowner must avoid cleaning it by self with hose and water because it may create electrical shock and sorting of electrical components.
- Check air fuel mixture: Whenever it is essential, check air fuel mixture.
Maintenance of air conditioner before the beginning of summer
It is said that regular maintenance is less costly than repairs or even replacement later on. In the same way air conditioner of winter slumber needs just a few following steps for its maintenance.
- Remove air conditioner from its frame: The air conditioner should be unplugged from wall socket. Remove outside cover and front access cover of air conditioner. And remove air conditioning unit from its mounting frame also.
- Vacuum condenser coil with brush: After removing the unit outside, the condenser coil should be vacuumed with the help of soft brush. Pour showers from hose inside the coils to do cleaning. Care should be taken that motor does not to get damp during this process.
- Check condenser coil fins for straightness: Condenser coil cooling fins should be checked for their straightness. Use coil fin comb for straightening bent up fins. It should be ensured that the teeth of coil fin comb are equal to the fins per inch of the coil. Start the process carefully and draw the comb across bent coil fins for straightening coil fins.
- Replace damaged air filter: Check the foam of air filter and replace if it is damaged. If air filter is dirty, wash the filter with dish soap and water and then replace after it is dry.
- Reinstall the conditioner after cleaning: After cleaning, replace the conditioner back into its frame. Reinstall front cover and fix all access panels properly with screws.
Now, plug air conditioner in wall socket for use.
Precautions for maintenance of air conditioner
- Before start of summer season, check if there is any difficulty in smooth functioning of air conditioner. If it’s, get the conditioner repaired by a professional. The repair is costly and takes much time during summer because there are lots of electrical works with electrician in summer.
- Air conditioner requires the room of proper size for proper cooling. With cooling systems, over size cooling appliance like an air conditioner will reduce cooling efficiency and increase energy costs also.
Common problems during use
There are some common problems faced by user, their causes and possible solutions as given below.
- Water drips from front panel of air conditioner when down slope of pan is towards inside home rather than towards outside. To avoid this problem correct the slope of air conditioning unit so that it drains into the exterior and slope of its pan slightly downward towards the exterior.
- Air conditioner cycles on and off too frequently due to defective thermostat or temperature sensor. To sort out this problem, Place thermostat sensor near evaporator coil and adjust wire carefully so that it does not touch the coil. Check thermostat sensor or part of front panel which is not obstructing with drapes.
- There should be no small refrigerant leak and if it continues, there will be less cooling. Air conditioner fins are not damaged or bent up, if so repair with a fine comb. Ensure that condenser is not obstructed with leaves.
- Air conditioner will not turn on if it is not plugged completely or circuit breaker is popped or the fuse is blown up. To avoid this problem you can
• Provide well seated power plug connection
• Reset breaker
• Replace blown fuse.
- The air conditioner blows fuses when there is inadequate circuit. To sort out this problem, do the following.
- The circuit of air conditioner should be kept separate. It does not share the load of another device or appliance simultaneously.
- Install 20 Amp circuit for window air conditioner.
You can preserve the beauty of ceiling with regular cleaning. It keeps your room clean and ensures hygienic environment inside the house as well. This article gives some useful tips to keep the ceiling or room clean.
A small space looks tidy and large if items of daily use are organized properly in it. To create a spacious feeling, pick space saving colors, natural lighting and practical worktops for your space. This article identifies some easy and simple tips to make your room spacious.
Make your bathroom clutter free and organized using storage solutions. You can create storage spaces in walls, under sink, behind mirror and doors. See these tips to store accessories and make your bathroom clutter free.
If you want to make your kitchen clutter free and organized, create extra storage space by using cabinets, drawers, pantries, islands, racks and rails. Read this article to make your kitchen clutter free and organize kitchen items properly.
Are you getting bore of your cluttered living room? Use space saving articles of furniture to reduce clutter from your living room and make it organized. Read this article to know tips on clutter free living room.
Is your bedroom cluttered or messy? If yes, make your bedroom clutter free using several storage options. An organized bedroom is relaxing and gives serene look to the interior of your bedroom. Let’s find out various storage options to make bedroom clutter free.
Room dividers are not only used for partition purposes but also for privacy, decoration, and fun. Room dividers add colorful and attractive touch to the beauty of a room. Room divider may match to the interior decoration of house.
Fascinating themes, interesting and loving furnishing can cheer up the mood of your kids whereas pink color schemes for girls and blue schemes for boys give traditional feel. Always try to know the taste of your kids while you are going to ornament their room.
You can boost up your cooking pleasure by keeping your kitchen neat and clean. An organized kitchen gives pleasing looks and helps in making your recipes superb. Here are given kitchen cleaning tips to obtain gorgeous look of the kitchen.
It is a good idea to clean dirty carpets thoroughly for their long life.
Proper cleaning not only maintains the prettiness of house but makes it germ-free also. Read this article to know carpet cleaning tips
Organized things always offer highly stunning look to your kids room. It will make the space clean and clutter-free. With simple and easy organization ideas, you can make your kids’ room pretty. Influence your kids’ mind with active thoughts and also know their tastes while organizing a space for them.
Proper care and protection keeps wood furniture always appealing. If you want to maintain splendor of your wood furniture for long time, you need to be careful about your precious wood furniture that enriches your homes with unique beauty and elegance.
A kitchen equipped with enough storage options illustrates the style of modern kitchen. The most recent trend in kitchen organization is to utilize pull-out drawers and base organizers that definitely improve the look of your kitchen and home as well. Let’s find out clever storage ideas to make kitchen clutter free and organized.
To sit, relax, invite friends, watch TV or just chill out with the family; no matter how you dream about your living room, these organizing tips will help you design it better.
Regular cleaning in bathroom keeps you and your family free of germs. It strengthens your body and keeps you fit as well. Here are some simple tips to make your bathroom neat and clean.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.