Vastu provides some guidelines for interior decoration of the house. Comprehension of zones is important while doing interior of home. Zones are divided into two categories like negative and positive zones. Vastu clarifies to keep positive zones light as compared to negative zones. Heavy furniture and objects should be placed in negative zones whereas light furniture can be placed in positive zones. Negative zones or heavy directions are the South, West and Southwest. Positive zones or light directions are the North, East and Northeast. Here are given some tips for interior decoration of the house according to Vastu.
Placement of Furniture as Per Vastu
- Sofa set should be placed in south and west portion of the room. The person sitting on sofa should face north or east directions. .
- Bed should be kept in southwest direction of the bedroom leaving southwest corner.
- Almirah having valuables or jewellery should be kept in southwest of the room leaving southwest corner. It should be opened towards the North.
- Dining table can be placed in north-west of the kitchen, living room or dining room.
- Study table should be placed in the North or East of the room.
- Aquarium in the North, East or North-east is good as it has water. The North, East and North-east are directions of water.
Paintings and Statues Paintings
of natural scenes like sunrise, water fall etc. are suggested by Vastu. The paintings depicting scenes of war, violence should be avoided. The statue of God should be avoided in bedroom. The statues of Lord Ganesha are used as decorative pieces popularly. Place the statue of God in prayer room. Avoid keeping heavy statue in North-east of the room and house.
Electrical appliances should also be kept in right directions. Heating appliances like gas, ovens, microwave should be kept in southeast directions
. Geyser should also be installed in south-east of bathroom. Cooler, A.C and Fridge should be placed in northwest of the room. T.V can be placed in the North, East or Southeast of the room. Avoid electrical appliances in north-east of the room.
Prefer curtains of light color
for bedroom. Avoid red and black color curtains in bedroom. The curtains of dark color can be used in living room.
Vastu recommends placing mirror on north and east wall of the room. Avoid mirror in study room and opposite to bed in bedroom.
Indoor plants are very popular in home decoration. Avoid cactus and thorny plants
in the house. Avoid big plants in north-east of the house.
The paint of light color is good as per Vastu. Prefer light blue, green, pink and cream color for rooms. Avoid red and black color in the house.
Mosaic, Ceramic Tile and Marble are good choice for flooring
. Avoid white marble in rooms. This is considered auspicious for Pooja room and Temples.
is good for residential purposes. The ceiling of a room should not be elevated.
should be bright in the house because dim light is not favorable for the residents of the house.