Bedroom is the place where you refresh your body and mind for better tomorrow. When you think about lighting a bedroom, it is important to make an overall environment of quiet relaxation by providing some bright space or spots for reading and other activities.
While designing or proceeding to bedroom lighting tips one should remember the two basic principles:
1) Natural lighting should have equal importance to artificial lights,
2) The most effective artificial light is as soft and obvious as its natural counterpart for a relaxing bedroom.
There are some bed room lighting tips which are help full to set the lighting of bed room at the right levels and appear as natural. By using these tips you and your family feel relaxed. In this way, you will be able to understand how to set this delicate light balance every time in every situation.
• The first step for bedroom lighting tips is to decide how much you would like to spend on artificial lights. There is a diverse range of models from which you have to choose.
• In case when centre light in the bedroom is to be fixed than shade should be according to the atmosphere of the room.
• It is better that to have provision of indirect light like under a pelmet or above a cabinet which will supply soft uniform illumination
• Use dimmers for different lighting moods because with a dimmer, you are able to control artificial light to suit your mood and the range of activities.
• The architectural features like niches, mantles etc should be designed.
• Be sure that the floor table and hanging fixtures have adequate shades to prevent glare.
• In case of high ceiling, where general lighting does not reach, you should install false ceilings with overhead down lights by doing this the entire room have sufficient lighting.
• At the time of reading and writing, use floor lamp light with a bulb shielded from the eyes which have adjustable shade that throws a direct ray of light to the exact spot you need it.
• Indirect lighting creates flattering glow can be obtained by providing folding screens either of fabric or wood or paper on pivotal hinges can be sole alternative to curtains and shutters for diffusing light. If you are able to reflect the light of the ceiling, walls and floor than it is possible by using warm white light bulbs as an alternative of daylight bulbs.
• For lighting in seating area, Low level lighting is Ideal. For low level lighting place table lamps on the side table of sofa which will provide light in the seating area.
In case of large size bedroom room, then have one table lamp at each end of the sofa.
• One type of living room lighting is, floor standing light. In this type of lighting, standing lamp is placed in the vacant corner of the bedroom i.e. in corner.