Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If you're looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up a room over a weekend, try these ten:
1. Rearrange The Furniture- Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try positioning it at intriguing angles. For example, a sofa arranged diagonally across a narrow living room will make the room look wider.
2. Paint A Wall- Paint one wall your favorite color and make it the focal point. Hang interesting art on that wall and move a nice piece of furniture there. (Note: Make sure that the color is one that is shared with several other objects and fabrics in the room.)
3. Bring In Plants- Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you don't have a green thumb, try silk plants and trees. The quality has gotten so good that its hard to distinguish them from the real thing.
4. Lay An Area Rug- An area rug is a wonderful way of defining a conversation area. Try one that complements the room. Lay it at an angle beneath your coffee table.
5. Hang Pictures or Mirror- Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try and position it so that it reflects and nice view or an interesting architectural element.
6. Group Figurines- Pull out your favorite collectibles. Show off your personality. Find a display area and group related objects together, in sets of three or five. Try and vary the shapes.
7. Add Decorative Pillows- The good news about decorative pillows is that they are an easy way to add textures and patterns to a room. Still better, they can be changed to jazz up a sofa or chair before your room is ready for a major makeover.
8. Replace Lamps- Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give others a clue that your room is outdated. Seek out new and fresh lamps that make a statement.
9. Add A Throw Or Afghan- Similar to decorative pillows, throws and afghans add texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
10. Eliminate Clutter- Clutter has a way of eliminating the desired mood and effect of any room. Find storage spaces for papers, toys, and other items that take from the personality of a room.
If you are trying to give a new n a changed look to your home,surely these tips will help you a lot.
Superb craftsmanship on wood articles plays a dominant role in making your home wow. A professional carpenter is required to do this job well for your home. This article gives you some useful tips on how to hire a qualified carpenter to make your home excellent.
Rain is fun but the fun may not last if your home fails to protect itself and its occupants from the elements. This write up lists 10 things you should check before the start of the rainy season.
Do you want to increase your working efficiency and reduce energy cost too? Opt for daylighting which offers strong health and good working environment in addition to reduction in energy cost/bills up to 50 %. Let’s read this article to know more facts.
Do you know unhygienic indoor air can create risks to our lives? It can cause asthma, allergic diseases and respiratory problems. This article lets you know several causes and remedial measures of indoor air quality.
Do you know almost all individual home construction projects in India take more money to complete than what people originally plan? If planned properly, we all can save 10% or more on our home construction projects. GharExpert.com has collected a series of articles where our objective is to share with you all the tricks that you could use to save money in building your dream home!
Proper ventilation freshens our breaths and leads us a healthy life. If you design or modify the house with maximum ventilation by installing proper windows and ventilators which gives more light and fresh air in the building.
Take utmost care to avoid dust during day long activities else the dust causes asthmatic problems to your lungs.
Smoke ruins not only our stamina but limits all options to live also.
The selection of a site depends upon ones present and future spatial requirements, the envisaged available funds, one’s lifestyle.
The whole building should be constructed at one time to avoid settlement in any portion of the building.
Everyone wants to build a dream home but no-one wants the hassle that comes in day-to-day construction work. Here are the guidelines that can help you pick a good contractor and make sure the relationship stays smooth throughout the construction work.
Bacteria affect the health of the occupants of the house adversely. By adopting the following points during construction
GharExpert.com would like to thank Rajni Jhabak, Amika Rai and Love Thy Community for their contribution to GharExpert database.
The capacity of doing work by an artisan or skilled labour in the form of quantity of work per day is known as the task work or out turn of the labour. The out-turn of work per artisan varies to some extent according to the nature, size, height, situation, location, etc. In well organized work less labour is required. The following may be taken as the approximate quantity of work or out turn or task for an average artisan per day.
Once the architect has given his design options, it becomes necessary to select one and start working on it.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Restaurant Lounge and Bar interior ideas by Yantram 3d interior designers Paris, France
Living Room Decoration Ideas
Wall Decoration Ideas
Wall Decoration Ideas
Wall Decoration Ideas for Kids Room
Modern Ideas for Wall Decoration
Wall Decoration Ideas for Teenagers
Wall Decoration Ideas for Teenagers
Large space Living Room decoration and furniture design Idea
Dining room decoration ideas
Modern furniture design Idea and room decoration
Living Room Furniture design and wall decoration idea
Living Room decoration and Design Idea
Outdoor decoration Ideas
Outdoor decoration Ideas
Ceiling Design and Decoration Ideas
Ceiling Decoration Ideas
Decoration Ideas for LCD Wall
Ideas for Living Room Decoration
Wall Decoration Ideas for Living Room
Home Office Interior, Flooring, ceiling and Furniture design
Interior Decoration Image
Affordable interior decoration
Interior Decoration View
Interior Stairs design for modern architecture home
Home Interior of Living Room
Interior - Toyota homes
HOME DECOR & HOME LIGHT,SANITARY WARE
HOME LIGHT & HOME DECOR
drawing room furniture design placement ideas
light idea for a bedroom
Booth false ceiling idea
Temple(Mandir) decoration at Ganesh Chaturthi
TV below staircase
Home office in garage
Bathroom Planning, Ceiling, Lighting, Vanity, Flooring, Bath tub and Interior
Tin Ceiling Design Idea
False Ceiling Design and Ideas
Wooden Interior door design
Kitchen Layout and Interiors
Beautiful Bathroom Interiors
Stairs design and Decoration
Wall Decoration and LCD Unit
living room interiors
Space saver Furniture design idea for Kids Room decor
Living Room Decoration
Home Gym in Basement
Modern 3D Home Elevation
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin , Walls, Doors, Mirrors
Decent Decorative Light....
Kids canopy bed and kids room Interior in Pink Color
LCD Unit with storage designing ideas
Drawing Room Interiors and Furniture
yes room interior
Modern Exterior view of home
Beautiful furniture designing for drawing room decoration
home plan 3D