There are two types of woods:
- Primary varieties of woods
- Secondary varieties of woods
- PRIMARY VARIETIES OF WOOD -
Primary varieties of wood (depending upon the diameter and collection of knots)
There are following five varieties of the woods.
- This is one of the excellent timber varieties that can be shaped into many ways.
- This wood provides better durability.
- It is relatively easy to polish, work on and can make a good surface.
- It comes in various grades and classes. Among its varieties, Balarsha, Malabar and dandeli are superior class teak. C.P. teak, Nagpur (brown color) and Burma teak (blackish color) are other types that have better qualities.
It is one of the strongest type of wood that has weight and strength about 20% lesser than teak.
It is easy to saw and work on to a smooth finish.
It is not suitable wood for polish and paint finish because it releases oil after sometime which spoils the finish.
- Sal wood:
- Sal wood is about 30% heavier, 50% harder and stronger than teak.
- Well dried Sal is not easy to saw and work upon.
- It is a much durable wood and usually resistant to attack by white ants and fungi for a long period.
- It is a rough constructional wood and used for beams, rafter, sleepers, piles, flooring, door frames, etc.
- It is another hard wood like Sal.
- It is resistant to the attack of white ants and fungus.
- It does not deform and twist by contact with water or any weather conditions.
- It is easier to saw and work upon as compared to Sal.
Hollock or Assam teak:
SECONDARY VARIETIES -
Secondary varieties (depending upon their resistance against insects and their need of kiln seasoning before use).
There are ten varieties of the secondary varieties of the wood.
- Hollock or Assam teak
- Ben- teak
- The central wood of Khair is very durable and extremely strong.
- It is hard and rough wood.
- It is difficult to saw and machine especially when it is old and dry.
- Its surface is easy to apply, finish and polish.
- This wood has similar characteristics as that of Khair.
- It is fairly hard and strong wood but it is weaker in slanting direction while stretching and compressing.
- Dovetail joints cannot be used as it breaks away.
- Its surface is good to polish and gets stains and marks easily.
- It is wood of good quality when taken care of and tested.
- Very much prone to fungus, discoloration and decay.
- It is not durable in uncovered places and easily attacked by white ants.
- It is not very durable wood unless treated with chemicals.
- It can be finished smoothly but more suitable for paint and enamel finish than polish.
- It is not a durable wood unless properly treated.
- It can be finished to a good surface up to certain extent but needs filling before it is polished.
- It is very similar to teak in strength and takes smooth finish.
- It is lighter and weaker than teak.
- It is durable but not resistant to the attack of white ants.
- It can be painted and polished easily.
- It requires treatment with wooden preservatives.
- It is easy to saw but difficult to bring to smooth surface.
- It is a wood of natural durability.
- It can be brought into a good finish. After sufficient filling it can be polished well.
Finishing/Protective materials for Wooden and Steel Doors-color and colorless coating.....
Types of frames for Wooden Doors-Wooden frames,Steel frames, Aluminium frames......
Finishing materials like Preservatives, Stains, Varnish, Paint, Metal finishing.........
Thickness of Plywood ranging from.......
Standard thickness of block board .........
Standard size of Plywoods.........
Standard size of Wooden Doors Frames.......
Tips to increase the life of Wooden doors....
Termites are treated usually by removing infested wood. Spraying Method, Drilling method......
Designs available in Wooden doors.....
Select the right type of timber and the rank of wood.........
Wooden doors provide beauty, warmth and style...........
Accessories for Wooden doors-Door Handles, Door Fasteners, Door Viewer
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Various teak wood textures
Tang oil finish on various woods
Linsceed oil finished various woods
Various hollock wood textures
Various woods with danish oil finish
Varnish on various woods
French polish on various woods
Melamine based finishing on various woods
Opaque finish on various woods
Decorative Partition using Wood
Teak wood Panel Door with Mesh Door.
Teak wood composite panel door with mesh door
Traditional types of brass door
Main Door using iron grill concept
I am ajay kumar I am contract of plaster of Paris selling work etc...
Mesh doors design in Wood
Single panel Interior Wood Door Design
Wood Door Design with two panels
Main Door design in wood, Very popular in 2013
wood grain pvc door panel
Traditional types of brass door
Hard Wood Teak Main Door
Entrance door design in wood and glass
Solid wood Door
WOOD & JALI DOOR
Modern Type of Chairs
Types of Soil and Digging Tools
Different types of ceiling
Types of Cracks in the Building
Ceiling design with wood and POP
Wood deck inside shower enclosure in the bathroom
White Wood Kitchen Cabinets
teak wood logs
One wall kitchen design in wood
Glass doors for main entrance
POP with wood ceiling design
Wooden Interior door design
modren bed room
Bedroom concept using Dark and Light colors
Exterior Wooden Door
Pooja room Doors
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin , Walls, Doors, Mirrors
Modern Garden door
Small Space Kitchen
Door design facade design for the building with small garden in the front
Bed side unit in wood
temple with teak wood
Square Plant Design non-slip Door/Bath Mat
Wooden entrance door design with arch
teak wood window
Sliding Door Design
Ceiling design combining wood and POP creates ultimate effect