Building a dream home needs vigilant considerations and apart from the good architectural design and construction techniques, the location of the plot affects the energy of the residents through out life.
It is advisable to follow vastu guidelines while selecting a plot to make sure that the place becomes a healthful, energetic, cheerful and prosperous residence we all deserve.
1. Location of the Plot
2. Direction of the Plot
3. Shape of Plot
4. Color of the Soil
5. Adjoining Roads
The following considerations are useful for location.
• The site having fertile earth, fruit trees, flowering plants, grass is good for construction.
• The site without any source of ground water should be avoided.
• The site near temple ashram, school, college, hospital, graveyard, Garbage dump site should be avoided.
• If the plot is small, there should be no big tree like Mango, Banana etc.
• If the plot is big, building area should be far away from the tree.
The East and North facing plots are appropriate for house construction. Care should be taken while designing the house facing West and South direction because some directions have positive impacts while the other have negative on occupants of the house. For example if the kitchen is in South-East, there are always good results on health. But if the kitchen is in North-East, the health is affected adversely.
Shape of plot matters a lot in the selection of land. The following are some shapes of the plots.
• The plot should be of square or rectangular shape. Ratio of width and length should not be more than 1:2 in rectangular plot. The square plot is the best.
• Plots having triangular, round shape, hexagon, octagon or polygon shapes should be avoided because these are not good for construction.
• Plots having an extended NE (North-East) corner is lucky.
• Gomukhi Plot is good for house construction. The plot narrow at front and wide at the back is also called low pressure plot. However, it is advisable to consult a vastu expert before finalizing the decision.
• Singhmukhi Plot is not suitable for residential purposes. Such a plot is wide at the front as compared to the back. It may be used for commercial activites . It is suitable for the residence facing the roads in eastern or northern side. Such a plot is also called high pressure plot. But it is advisable to consult a vastu expert before finalizing the decision.
Color of the soil is another important aspect which should not be avoided at the time of purchasing the plot. The following colors of soil are considered better for construction purposes.
Red soil is suitable for executives who are engaged in administrative and legal services. These executives are usually employees of Government, armed forces or administration.
Yellow and Green is considered by shareholders, businessmen, bankers and by those who are directly related to commercial activities.
Usually White soil is preferable for intellectual professionals like doctors, engineers, teachers, poets, musicians, consultants etc.
Note: Black and clay soil is not good for construction.
A plot adjoining roads at any of the four sides affects the life of family members. The affects of such a plot are given below.
|East||Good, Prosperous and Wealthy|
|West||Average, Good for Business People|
|North||Good for Women , Prosperous & Wealthy|
|South||Good for Business Concern|
|North And East||
|East and South||Good|
|South And West||Average|
|West and North||Good|
|North and South||Average|
|East and West||Good|
The plot facing roads from three sides is an average plot. It can be improved by leaving a passage at fourth side.
Plot Facing T-Junction:The Plot facing T or Y-Junction is not suitable for construction. It is inauspicious.
Plot at the Dead End of the Road: The plot is not appropriate for construction. It can be improved by extending the road up to the width of plot.
Plot at the dead end of Road
Extending the road upto the plot width