Teak Wood: Users' Experience, feedback and reviews
|Teak Wood |
| User Experience
|Read User Experience, Comment, Feedback here and share your own thoughts about Teak Wood.
GharExpert Support Team
|Teak wood is a kind of hardwood and called the king of the woods. Usually the name of the teak in India is given based on the origin place of the teak. For example, if the teak wood comes from Burma then the teak would be called Burma teak and if it comes from Ivory Coast then the teak would be called Ivory teak. |
|Implementation Raw Material|
|Teak is available in the market as Timber logs whereas some vendors are also selling custom frames that could directly be used in door and window frames. If you buy a log then you would need to cut the log into the required frame sizes and then let the door season. Seasoning is a process where you let the moisture in the wood dry to an optimal level. In normal dry warm weather, it is suggested that seasoning for about one month is recommended. After seasoning the timber logs, the logs are then used in the construction work as required. |
Teak wood is considered the best in furniture building. It gives desired finish and have smooth surface After the wood surface is polished, the wood looks very rich. Teak wood can be finished in the following finish:
However, we recommend that if you buy teak then use it for the areas where you plan to do polish on the surface. If you want to use paint on the surface then you can use less expensive wood as well where the wood would be hard enough but would not have the required grains.
- Teak wood is very strong and durable wood that’s why it only needs a little maintenance.
- Daily care such as cleaning the furniture with dry cloth can provide your teak furniture a long life.
- Re-polishing is recommended after a few years to bring back the shine in the furniture .
- Teak is a kind of hardwood, popular for its durability and resistance to water.
- It provides a charming appearance and looks royal after finishing.
- Teak wood is easy to handle, polish and work with so a lot of carved designs are made using this.
- Teak wood is hard which makes it resistant to termite. Termites usually attack the wood that are softer in nature
- The only disadvantage of teak wood is that it is comparatively expensive.
|Teak wood is used in door and window frame, shutter and other architectural features. It is best option for furniture. |
Teak wood weight is from 700—800 kg/ cum.
|Teak wood have elasticity and solid fiber, both of which facilitate woodworking and the ability of woodworkers to create products.|
It immune to white ant and insects attack for long period. How ever not always immune from fungus attack.
Teak wood is out standing merit in retention of shape and durability. It is naturally durable wood.
|Yellow to dark brown color.||