Door is a solid barrier that is fixed in a door way or opening in the wall. It can be open for excess to and from buildings and between rooms are closed for privacy.
Door consists of two parts one is frame and other is shutter. Generally doors are classified in to three types such as Side hung door, sliding door and folding door.
According to material used in the door they are wooden door, aluminum door, plastic door, steel door and brass door. Generally wooden doors are still more popular but some time for more safety and artistic appearance brass doors are used. The advantages and disadvantages of brass doors are as under.
Advantages of Brass Doors
- Brass doors are durable and have great strength.
- They provide artistic and elegant appearance.
- Brass can be polished easily.
- Resistant to rust.
- These doors are fire proof.
- Brass doors are economical.
- Depending on the thickness or gauge of the brass sheet they are good to security.
- These doors have no effect of climate on the size as wooden door expand during rainy season.