Crystal chandeliers look great in your dining room. Nowadays, you can find a lot of designs of crystal chandeliers in the market that will offer unique warmth and sophistication to your dining. Crystal chandeliers are the ornate lighting fixtures that are generally used in the modern home interiors to enhance the beauty of the whole interior.
Crystal Chandeliers: A Sparkling Effect in Dining RoomCrystal chandelier offer a fantastic look to your dining room interior. They are available in large, modern, and authentic styles and you can choose the right one for your dining room. They will add significance and value to your home. Crystal chandeliers may be five armed or three armed, candle lit or with little glow bulbs.
(Crystal Chandelier with Silver Finish)
Select such chandeliers that will give complement to your existing dining room furnishings. You can also choose chandeliers according to the color schemes of your dining room. Suppose you have earth tones in your dining, then choose chandelier with a gold or bronze finish. Black, blue and white color tones may look nice with silver or black finishes chandeliers. Also think about the illumination effect of the chandeliers how much light they provide to the dining room.
(Crystal Chandelier with gold finish)
How to Install Crystal ChandelierYou have to hire a professional to install the crystal chandeliers in your dining room. To avoid accidents, you have to check the joints from where crystal chandeliers are mounted on the ceiling. The used light bulbs and crystals should be properly attached to the frame so that they can’t accidentally fall out. You have to also check the quality of light bulbs and crystals.
(Hanging Crystal Chandelier)
Size of Crystal ChandeliersAlways consider the size of the crystal chandelier that you wish to hang in your dining room. Don’t choose a large sized crystal chandelier for a small dining room as it will look crowded. A small crystal chandelier in a large dining room makes the room look dull. You have to know the design and style of your dining room so that you can make your dining room elegant and sophisticated.
(Candle Style Crystal Chandelier)
Dimensions while Hanging Crystal ChandeliersWhile installing crystal chandeliers, you must know the width of your dining table. The crystal chandelier should not be wider than your dining table. You have to measure the dimensions of the dining room appropriately for creating the right balance in your dining room. Never choose too small or too large crystal chandeliers for your dining room. Try to adjust the ends of the crystal chandeliers in such a way so that they will remain at least 4 feet away from any wall.
Dimension of Crystal Chandelier with respect to Dining Table
|| Type of Dining Table
|| Dimensions of Crystal Chandelier|
|| Dining Table with 6 Persons
|| 1.5 to 2 feet|
|| Dining Table with 8 Persons
|| 2 to 2.5 feet|
|| Dining Table with 10 or 12 Persons
|| 2.5 to 3.5 feet|
Always remember certain things in your mind while choosing crystal chandeliers:
- Width and length of the dining table
- For round dining tables, you can measure the diameter of the table.
- The width of dining table is more than the crystal chandelier’s width.
- You have to clean the crystal chandelier at least once a year. Before cleaning, switch off the light for about 10 minutes.
Cleaning of Crystal ChandeliersWith the passage of time, crystal chandeliers can build up dust, stain etc. You can clean up the crystal chandeliers with different methods. The method of cleaning depends on the type of crystal from which your chandelier is made.
- If you have a chandelier with strass crystal, then you can clean them once a year. Actually strass crystals have a special coating material that allows dust to slide off on its exterior.
- If you have chandelier with another type of crystal, you can clean them two or three times in a year. You can also clean them monthly so that dust particles can’t accumulate on the chandelier and will result in a sparkling chandelier.
- Some special solutions are available in the market by which you can easily clean the crystal chandeliers but choose them very carefully otherwise they may cause damage to your crystal chandeliers. You have to use warm water or pH-balanced cleaning agents only.
- Use gloves to hold the crystal chandeliers while cleaning so that they can’t slip off of your hands.
- Some people use complete dismantling system to clean the crystal chandeliers. In this cleaning method, first dismantle the chandelier, clean the crystal pieces and then again mount them on your ceilings.
- Use clean and soft cotton cloth to clean the frame.
- Don’t use hot or cold water to clean up the crystals. It is betted to use running water for cleaning the crystals.
(Lighting Crystal Chandelier)
Why Crystal Chandeliers?Crystal has capacity to reflect and amplify light. Due to the prismatic effect of crystal, chandeliers glow and reflect light from any source and create a breathtaking environ in your dining room. Crystal chandeliers offer the timeless beauty to the entire home interior.
(Modern Crystal Chandeliers)