Pooja Room Vastu

Pooja room is a place where we worship God for peace and prosperity. Ishanya or north-east is governed by God and is an excellent location for pooja room. Locating ‘Pooja room’ in north-east brings prosperity, good health, wealth, happiness and peace of mind. North-east is auspicious for other reasons. In morning sunrays fall directly from north-east and give us positive energy.

Location of Pooja Room

North-east is an excellent location for Pooja room. Pooja room in north quadrant provides good results. You can opt east, north and north-east for pooja room.  Avoid other directions if possible. Special pooja’s can be performed in Brahmasthana (center of house). In big plots, pooja room can be in Brahmasthan (central portion) of the house. Pooja room should not be inside bed room. It should not be made above, below or next to toilet or kitchen. It should be on ground floor, not on first floor or in basement. Avoid Pooja Room under the stairs.

pooja room vastu

Planning a Pooja Room
Doors and windows of pooja room should be in North and East. Doors of pooja room should have two shutters. The doors should not have any door closer. There should be a ventilator. Walls of pooja room should be painted in white, light yellow or light blue color. The floor of pooja room should be of white or off white marble. Cupboard for placing things should be in South or West of pooja room. It is beneficial to have a threshold in pooja room.

Interior of Pooja Room
Idols
of God should be kept in north-east portion of pooja room. The idols should not face one another and the door of pooja room also. The two idols of same god should not be placed in pooja room. The idols should be 1 inch away from walls. ‘Kalash’ or water body is in North or East of the room. ‘Deepak’, lamp and ‘Agni’ kund are in south-east. We should face East while worshipping. Avoid keeping heavy idols in pooja room. Cluttered and broken idols should not be placed in pooja room. Avoid photos of dead people in pooja room. Keep pooja room clean and clutter free. There should be one pooja room in a house. The room should not be used for other purposes like storage or other room.

144  Comment(s)
1234Next  >>
By Anonymous - On 7/22/2014 12:00:52 PM
Sir I have constructed pooja room in the north-west side attached to bed room. help me out. suggest me the remedy plz plz plz. ................... ...................

By Anonymous - On 7/14/2014 11:40:44 AM
HI
ALTHOUGH POOJA ROOM IN NORTHEAST IS GOOD. IDEALLY A DOOR MUST BE PRESENT AT THAT CORNER. SO JUST MOVE POOJA ROOM 4 FEET TOWARDS SOUTH AND PLACE A DOOR IN THAT CORNER.

N NE
--------
<--DOOR
| POOJA|
| |
--------- E

By Anonymous - On 7/4/2014 2:39:51 PM
Excellent....helpful
sir i have a dought...In my house idols in pooja area are kept facing west in kitchen in front of sink..is it right way?please suggest me the correct way if this is wrong

Ganesh
By Ganesh -  On  6/25/2014 4:40:34 PM
In my house i have kept the Pooja room main door facing North.now i need to know Idol of God photo facing direction ? please help

By Anonymous - On 2/25/2014 9:44:21 AM
Sir, I have purchase a new 1 BHK. bedroom and kitchen place are remaining for pooja. bedroom side place is north-east for pooja-God should face the West Direction and the person offering prayers should face the East Direction and kitchen place is north east for pooja - but the person offering prayers should face the west Direction. so please guide me

By Anonymous - On 2/24/2014 11:31:29 AM
This site is very good and helpful

By Anonymous - On 2/24/2014 11:15:19 AM
This site is very good and helpful

By Anonymous - On 12/27/2013 1:59:03 PM
pooja room vastu what is height of pooja room
and what height we must place the idol????

By Anonymous - On 12/17/2013 1:02:03 PM
Should we keep the Snake Idel ( Silver Snake ) given by pandit in Pooja Room (home pooja temple) if no what are the side effects. Please guide

seena
By seena -  On  12/10/2013 12:15:06 PM
puja room with south facing is acceptable or not

By Anonymous - On 12/5/2013 11:40:26 AM
Some experts say that northeast corner (easanya) should be empty
Some say that it is good for pooja .
Which is good.please let me know

By Anonymous - On 11/11/2013 4:30:22 PM
Simple and easy to understand.It would be more informative if the question were answered.

By Anonymous - On 10/30/2013 8:46:20 PM
I would like to know that what are idols can be placed & their formats for daily puja at Home.
Kamalnayan

By Anonymous - On 10/14/2013 12:22:00 PM
Hi i have purchased flat & placed pooja room in north east but the doors were facing south.
can we use this as pooja room,
please let me know as soon as possible.
thanking you.

By Anonymous - On 9/30/2013 5:31:04 AM
if I give doors and windows on the north and east of pooja room,how will I get into that room? from out side?considering pooja room in north east corner

By Anonymous - On 8/27/2013 11:19:16 PM
i would like to know whether we can use jack-fruit tree to make god room frame? Is it considered auspicious?

By Anonymous - On 7/23/2013 6:37:21 PM
pl.give height of the god sitting level from floor.pl.also give other option of ishan corner for pooja room

By Anonymous - On 7/22/2013 9:00:23 PM
too helpful, ,,sir My home main entrance is North, and in NEast door placed for back out gng and thz room used. for dining. SE kitchen. plz help me where to place. poojaroom

By Anonymous - On 7/2/2013 7:50:05 PM
where is located pujaghar on 1bhk flat entrace is north east. please help me

By Anonymous - On 7/2/2013 7:49:11 PM
where is located pujaghar on 1bhk flat entrace is north east. please help me

By Anonymous - On 5/17/2013 5:29:25 PM
If my bedroom is at north east side;kitchen at north;hall at north west ;abc at south where will be my pooja Ghar ?

naveen3301
By naveen3301 -  On  4/27/2013 8:18:23 AM
Pl guide me on pooja room location, my house is 20X40 east facing & main road in east direction.Because of less space, I am planning to have it in kitchen (South east direction). Is this OK as per vastu ?

By Anonymous - On 4/16/2013 11:14:44 AM
its not enough as i want to know that as it is right to place pooja ghar on glass top table or on glass surface

By Anonymous - On 3/7/2013 1:08:47 PM
my house has half bulit in east site gate and north door,540 sqfeet bulid planning to extend an otherside wer this pooja room should be located?

Ashu kumar agrahari
By Ashu kumar agrahari -  On  2/21/2013 10:38:16 PM
hw we find our solution

Ashu kumar agrahari
By Ashu kumar agrahari -  On  2/20/2013 10:33:14 PM
mera ghr south face me h mai kya kru mere ghr me koi chota se chota kaam bhut lamba ho jata h. plz sir give me solution regard ashu

Rashmikant Tank
By Rashmikant Tank -  On  1/24/2013 9:00:10 PM
Vastu for pooja room,very interesting, valuable information and very useful in our practical life.Grateful to you.

By Anonymous - On 10/18/2012 9:51:09 AM
pooja room vastu what is hight of pooja room and what hight we must place the idol

Anuj Anand
By Anuj Anand -  On  10/11/2012 8:23:49 PM
I have constructed a small house (120 Sq yards) having two bedrooms in south east and south west direction with one bathroom attached to both the bedrooms. One lobby cum dinning room with attached kitchen and drawing room. First floor is exactly the same and is made to be rented out. On second floor in north west there is a small room and my office with attached bathroom. Please let me know if under these circumstances can I make the Mandir (as per vastu )on the second floor

By Anonymous - On 9/21/2012 1:05:36 PM
If the toilet is on the back side of the pooja room what is the alternative to do?

boopathi
By boopathi -  On  9/7/2012 12:11:39 PM
C1; 7 coloumns with 1.9" x 1.0"25 & 20mm rebars
C2:5 coloumns with 1.6" x 9" of 20mm 4 and 16 mm 4,
C3: 2 coloumns with 16mm 8 nos,
c4: 3 coloumns with 9" x 9" 4 nos 16mm bars,
Building hight 54', area around 11,400 square feet.
The column size is adequate? footing is 2' hight and 5'X6'size.

By Anonymous - On 7/6/2012 1:51:24 PM
Total Flot Area 850 Sqft
17/2 49

rahul ballal
By rahul ballal -  On  4/10/2012 11:36:12 AM
what should be the Gods photos or idols facing direction
as per vastu shastra.
i am having space in kitchen for pooja and i can palce Gods on north wall therfore facing south,at the max i can constuct a wall to palce pooja(room) so that Gods idols will face west.
kindly suggest me which option i shout opt.

By Anonymous - On 3/19/2012 5:18:11 PM
I appreciate your advise on pooja room since it is simple and suffice. I have gone through many web sites on Vastu and find that almost every one gives the identical information. Specially on Pooja Room it is commonly advisable to avoid Pooja Room under the stairs but no one tell that if it is advisable to built pooja room in the same room/ hall where the staircase is. Would appreciate if you can advise on that. Regards, Amit Arora

Kiran
By Kiran -  On  1/27/2012 2:48:30 PM
Hi,
I purchased 1 BHK flat on third floor.
door entry is South.
Kindly suggest where i can put pooja ghar in Living Room or in Kitchen.

Dipak Shah
By Dipak Shah -  On  1/6/2012 12:02:27 PM
I am living in apartment and my house is 1BHK. One of my friend advised me to keep pooja mandir in sitting room on north wall(North east) which is near to enterance door. Is it ok as per vastu? Just now I have mandir in kitchen north east corner. I can not put in bedroom please advise.

By Anonymous - On 12/23/2011 4:22:31 PM
Tips on Puja room are good but I have built my pooja room at 1st Floor in North-East side and no change now possible. Please advise what to do now.

Thanks,

By Anonymous - On 9/27/2011 11:59:06 PM
jai shree krasna
please decribe by facing south or east when sleeping
prakash

By Anonymous - On 9/27/2011 11:49:21 PM
jai shree krasna
please advise which disa should
I put my deceased grandparents anf my father's photo to be hanged.
prakash

By Anonymous - On 8/12/2011 10:43:32 PM
the article was very useful cause m in a nuclear family.

More Articles on GharExpert.com

Pooja room designs in wood

corner corner
Feedback
Was this article helpful? Let us know how can
we improve it. We welcome both negative and
positive comments.
Your name   :Anonymous
corner corner

Discuss in forums
Do you need more information? Discuss
with other community members in the
Forums area of the site. Enter details below!
Login or register yourself on GharExpert to
click here
corner corner

Shop at GharExpert.com
Buy at GharExpert.com Fantasy Carpet series - styled waves pattern on black, white and shades of grey Area Rug
 Rs.5590
Buy at GharExpert.com Elegant Carpet series - Ultimate  hand woven leafy pattern in beige color Area Rug
 Rs.4990
Buy at GharExpert.com Royal Carpet series - Upscale looking Floral Pattern on sky blue  background with ivory border area Rug
 Rs.6240

Pooja room Doors
Pooja room Doors
TV below staircase
TV below staircase
Ceiling design and room decor
Ceiling design and room decor
A beautiful drawing room design with good ceiling and wall decor
A beautiful drawing room design with goo...
puja room with tv cabinet
puja room with tv cabinet
pooja room
pooja room
Ceiling and Lighting arrangement for contemporary and modern Living Room.
Ceiling and Lighting arrangement for con...
Click on the image to enlargeClick on the image to Enlarge
Click here to view more pictures
Related Articles
Pooja
Pooja room designs in wood
Decorating Pooja Room is very important in an Indian home. The worship of lord spreading positive energy in the house.
Read View all
Hot Articles
Traditional
Traditional Style
Traditional style interior offers classy, relaxing and calm look to your home. Soft color schemes, paintings, wall han..
Read Read more
Roofing
Roofing Shingles
A kind of roof makes a vital and lasting statement about your house. The right roof should give you a secure home and ..
Read Read more
Drawing
Drawing room Ceiling Design
A drawing room ceiling can change the interior of your room. Beautiful ceiling designs and colorful ceiling can be the..
Read Read more
Dining
Dining Room Ceiling
Dining room ceiling designs can change the interior of your room. A white ceiling in your well furnished home looks du..
Read Read more
Bathroom
Bathroom Designs with Bathtubs
A bathroom often expresses the sense of style and individual choice of the home owner. A bathtub can make your bathroo..
Read Read more
Bathroom
Bathroom Safety Tips
Do you want to enjoy real bath? Make sure you are taking dip in a safe bathroom. You need to pay heed to temperature s..
Read Read more
Glass
Glass Partitions
Do you want natural light in your room or your house is small or you have an open floor plan. You may use glass room d..
Read Read more
Hammocks
Hammocks
If you are looking for perfect outdoor furniture that is comfortable and versatile for sitting, Hammock may be the rig..
Read Read more
More featured articles
Related tips
  • Pooja Room should not be locate under the stairs
  • Vastu recommends that you avoid black and gray color in your home as these may cause frustration and depression.
  • Having a mirror on the wall opposite to the foot of bed can disturb your sleep; cover the mirror at night for more restful sleep.
Tags
Aggregate Bathroom Board Brick Building Ceiling Cement Color Concrete Construction Dampness Dining Door Finishing Flooring Furniture Glass Home Interior Interior decoration Kitchen Kota Light Marble Paint Plastic Plumbing Pop Sand Security Steel Study Termite Tile Vastu Window
1234Next  >>
Copyright 2007- GharExpert.com All rights reserved.

|  Advertize with us  |  About us  |  Contact us  |  RSS  |  Blog  |  Terms of service  |  Style made simple  |  Decorating slide show  |  Tips  |  Give your feedback  |