Study Room Vastu

The right place is very important for study as it affects the concentration of students. Many times students complain that they are not able to concentrate on studies. The remedy to these problems has been formulated by our ancestors through ‘Vastu Shastra’.

Here are few vastu tips which can help students to achieve success in their studies.

The study room should be located in the directions which are considered auspicious for studies such as East, North or north-east of the house. As per Vastu, these directions improve the power of concentration while studying. Make sure that there is no mirror reflection in their room. This may have effect of doubling their work load. Make sure that the student does not study under a beam otherwise he or she feels unnecessary pressure.

Locate Study Table according to Vastu

The placement of study table is important for concentration. You should place study table facing East or North. Do make sure that the child should face East or North while studying. The table should not stick to the wall. There should be open space in front of child as it augments fresh ideas. The child should have a solid wall behind him as it signifies support.

The study table should be square or rectangular as per vastu, it should not be too big or too small. A table of small size can be uncomfortable while working and a table of big size can affect working capacity of the child.

Placement of Bookshelves as per Vastu

Bookshelves and cabinets should be placed in the East, North, and North-east directions. The cabinets should not be placed in the center of room. It is best to leave central portion of study room empty. Avoid placing bookshelf above study table. It may create unnecessary stress for child. Study table should not be cluttered with lots of books.

Color scheme as per Vastu

The walls of study room should be painted in light colors rather than dark colors. Light colors are very auspicious according to vastu and enhance learning power of students. Avoid black color in study room.

Proper Lighting

The study room should have proper light. Dim lights are not favorable for child’s education and growth. Sunlight gives us energy for doing work so the windows of study room should be in East and North of the room. A table lamp is another source of proper light which helps in concentrating on the task. If the child is using table lamp, it should be placed in south-east of the table.

Vastu Tips to Create an Effective Enviornment in Study Room

• The room to be chosen for study should be in the East , North or the North-East direction of the house. These directions improve the absorption power.

Study room vastu

• Ensure that your child sleeps with his head towards East or South. The head towards east helps in learning whereas the head towards south helps in maintaining magnetic balance of the body or earth. Avoid bed in study room as it may make child lazy.
  • Avoid television in study room because it interrupts concentration of students.
  • Place computer in south-east of the room.
  • Make the room noiseless. The study room should not have any noisy toilet on the floor above or below the room.
  • Do not let the child study under a beam.
  • Make study room clean, clutter free and noise free.

87  Comment(s)
123Next  >>
By Anonymous - On 8/14/2014 9:45:40 AM
my birthday is 23-9-1990
time under 12am to 1am in night
i want to know about when i get job

By Anonymous - On 8/2/2014 2:49:48 PM
my birthday on 25/11/1990

sharath mb
By sharath mb -  On  8/1/2014 10:26:17 PM
My birth day date is 15 Oct 1993 suggest direction for study

sharath mb
By sharath mb -  On  8/1/2014 10:23:14 PM
My date of birth is15is15oct suggest direction for study

By Anonymous - On 4/28/2014 2:08:13 AM
my birth date is 03/11/1993. so in which direction do i have to sit and study?

manjunath
By manjunath -  On  4/6/2014 5:19:07 AM
I am a mother of a 16 year old physical disabled boy. He is intellectually good but his abilities are limited. He is studying in year 11. He was studious an hardworking with good results sometime ago. But now he lacks concentration, interest and zeal in learning anything. He sits in southwest corner of the house for his studying due to plenty of light. Please advice me to bring back the enthusiasm for learning and living back. With regards Padmsja

By Anonymous - On 3/23/2014 7:40:27 AM
facing problem in my studies.which direction is best.

By Anonymous - On 3/11/2014 9:04:43 PM
d.o.b : 10/1/2002
zodic sign : scorpio
My son is studing in 6 standard.which direction should he sit to study , PLEASE HELP ME!

By Anonymous - On 2/28/2014 7:19:31 PM
my room is in west and door is facing south,sleeping bed in north,on that my room completed .i began to become lazy and failed in engg.pls help to improve studies

Rajendrasinh
By Rajendrasinh -  On  1/29/2014 9:55:53 PM
i have to plan to change my main door position east west but east site is staircase so its no probelum to make under staircase main door entrance

By Anonymous - On 11/12/2013 3:02:27 PM
i got lot of good tips,my daughter's d.o.b. is 14-2.1998 her study cum bed room is in s.e.direction.but table is in the n.e. of the room.but she can't concenterate. enterance door is in west and other is in south.pl. suggest what to do,helpme,she is in 10th

By Anonymous - On 10/13/2013 2:43:15 PM
good ,but not mention we place bed, if no , then we place sofa or couch

By Anonymous - On 9/30/2013 11:25:42 PM
sir my dob s 29.12.1991. Im doing my engineering 2nd year. Im in the hostel. i want you to suggest me the ways to improve my studies. plz

By Anonymous - On 9/30/2013 11:37:40 AM
My birth date is 14-08-1997 So in which direction do i have to sit and study???

By Anonymous - On 9/4/2013 2:15:49 PM
hello sir my dob is 23.3.1985,have done graduation where to study so that i get govt.job?

By Anonymous - On 7/29/2013 4:18:20 PM
I am living on rent as a PG. So I can't shift stuffs according to vaastu. but what should I do when there's a window in the NE of my room and just opposite to NE is the door. I am in serious trouble

By Anonymous - On 7/28/2013 2:28:16 PM
My birth date is 05-08-1996. So in which direction do i have to sit and study???

By Anonymous - On 7/12/2013 11:54:18 AM
Thankyou very much.

By Anonymous - On 7/6/2013 2:21:02 PM
my bod is 21 jan 1992 ,,which dirction should i face during study

By Anonymous - On 6/4/2013 5:24:23 PM
it was vry helpful... i'll follow these directions.

By Anonymous - On 6/4/2013 4:51:29 PM
Was excelent . I hope I wil achieve my target by this methods.

sanjeevv.verma
By sanjeevv.verma -  On  5/26/2013 11:52:50 AM
The article is very informative. It has given the basic information in very breif, simple and effective manner.

anands
By anands -  On  3/18/2013 12:53:52 PM
the tips given above are great and doable for me, except that my room has two entrance, and they are both facing each other creating a tunneling effect, is it advisable to sit in middle of these doors.

By Anonymous - On 12/31/2012 8:46:32 AM
my son was very good in studies now he is in 12th std but not doing proper atudies what is remedy for that.
my son got meritorius award in studies as wall as sport which is the perfect direction to keep and i would like to keep one family photo in house which is the perfect direction to keep the photo

By Anonymous - On 12/29/2012 4:39:21 PM
sir my BOD is 17th sept 1995. sir what is the best direction to study.

By Anonymous - On 12/7/2012 3:14:02 AM
My Studies was Totally lost, Complete year back, By facing South direction and Table in the south, when I was in school days and 11th and 12th I was really good at study and facing east only, even by studying very less also at least I was able To pass at my school Days, but At Degree after 1st year Changed home and got into south facing Direction for study Table, which was Unknown to me But I lost many Years of my life, with out changing this South Direction

Prashanthi
By Prashanthi -  On  10/10/2012 8:27:47 PM
our study room is in west of the house and there is a fixed study table on the south of the room. and there is a beam also. Is there any solution for my problem so that i can improve sons concentration towards studies.

By Anonymous - On 10/1/2012 5:38:21 PM
Good,plz keep update me about vastu shastra coconsidering the that I am a student preparing for public sector units and m.tech entrance exams

By Anonymous - On 8/14/2012 1:50:56 PM
Untill nd unless u r not going to study...dis will nt help u.....i have been studying in south direction bt m nt facing any problem....this is jst a superstition...i will say dat don't compromise with ur studies...einstein was nt particular abt his directions....so jst work hard...its all dat matters...

By Anonymous - On 6/23/2012 8:32:52 PM
CanIkeep Computer in east or east/north direction of the room?

By Anonymous - On 5/26/2012 4:58:28 PM
SIR, my name is hitesh I live in alwar distic sir i want study room which side ?

By Anonymous - On 4/2/2012 1:23:37 PM
good

Anonymous
By Anonymous - On 3/30/2012 7:39:27 PM
Very good idea, I said to my son
before I read your vastu, but he
is laughing. This generation is not accept the reality

jayamurthy.T
By jayamurthy.T -  On  3/4/2012 11:24:03 AM
date of birth.18-01-1960. my house door is N/E.this pogision is good or bad please give sugession to me. jayamurthy

By Anonymous - On 1/31/2012 6:01:02 PM
its very good & helpful

By Anonymous - On 11/17/2011 4:50:24 PM
it is really helpful but not help ful for student who stay at rent for studying becoz it is not posible to make seperate study room at this condtion what we must do

By Anonymous - On 11/1/2011 7:27:35 PM
very helpful tips

By Anonymous - On 6/1/2011 3:53:06 PM
my son is in 3rd class.he was very good in studies but slowly he become poor.first he was obedient but now is not listen anything pls help how to deal with him

Aarti Seegolam
By Aarti Seegolam -  On  5/1/2011 7:27:57 PM
its really helpful the ideas given by vaastu shastra. but sometimes we are stuck when it comes for space availability.e.g my study room is a combination of pooja room.pooja sthaan in east study table where to be placed?

ASHISH ARYA
By ASHISH ARYA -  On  4/22/2011 11:57:53 AM
it was an mind blowing

corner corner
Feedback
Was this article helpful? Let us know how can
we improve it. We welcome both negative and
positive comments.
Your name   :Anonymous
corner corner

Discuss in forums
Do you need more information? Discuss
with other community members in the
Forums area of the site. Enter details below!
Login or register yourself on GharExpert to
click here
corner corner

Shop at GharExpert.com
Buy at GharExpert.com Royal Carpet series - Rich look Floral Pattern on ivory background with mustard border area Rug
 Rs.6240

Study Room
Study Room
TV below staircase
TV below staircase
Ceiling design and room decor
Ceiling design and room decor
A beautiful drawing room design with good ceiling and wall decor
A beautiful drawing room design with goo...
puja room with tv cabinet
puja room with tv cabinet
pooja room
pooja room
Ceiling and Lighting arrangement for contemporary and modern Living Room.
Ceiling and Lighting arrangement for con...
3D picture for Living room
3D picture for Living room
POP ceiling design for Drawing room
POP ceiling design for Drawing room
Living room wall unit design
Living room wall unit design
Click on the image to enlargeClick on the image to Enlarge
Click here to view more pictures
Hot Articles
Hotel
Hotel reception designs
The texture, color and shape of the reception in your hotel must reflect a mood that is appropriate for its function. ..
Read Read more
Design
Design your Coutyard
Courtyards are wonderful place to create space for sitting and relaxation. Blooming flowers fragrance, blowing wind, p..
Read Read more
Top 10 mistakes in Bathroom Design
Bathroom requires careful planning otherwise you can face some big problems of water leakage, slippery floor and poor ..
Read Read more
How
How to Grow Bamboo Indoor
Growing eco friendly plant like bamboo helps in keeping environment clean. Bamboo is considered as sign of good health..
Read Read more
Design
Design your Office
The office where we spend our most of time be careful about the functionality and comfort of office. The working condi..
Read Read more
Oak
Oak Flooring
A beautiful, elegant and sophisticated option of flooring adds to the value of your home. Oak flooring is such a choic..
Read Read more
Types
Types of Glasses
A variety of glasses enriches interiors and exteriors of house and serves the purpose of light, ventilation and decora..
Read Read more
Living
Living Room Recliners
Recliners add aristocracy and elegance to your living room. You can fill your living room spaces with stylish and comf..
Read Read more
More featured articles
Related tips
  • Pooja Room should not be locate under the stairs
  • Vastu recommends that you avoid black and gray color in your home as these may cause frustration and depression.
  • Having a mirror on the wall opposite to the foot of bed can disturb your sleep; cover the mirror at night for more restful sleep.
Tags
Aggregate Bathroom Board Brick Building Ceiling Cement Color Concrete Construction Dampness Dining Door Finishing Flooring Furniture Glass Home Interior Interior decoration Kitchen Kota Light Marble Paint Plastic Plumbing Pop Sand Security Steel Study Termite Tile Vastu Window
123Next  >>
Copyright 2007- GharExpert.com All rights reserved.

|  Advertize with us  |  About us  |  Contact us  |  RSS  |  Blog  |  Terms of service  |  Style made simple  |  Decorating slide show  |  Tips  |  Give your feedback  |