Vastu Shastra for Staircase

Vastu verifies to locate staircase of the building in the South or West direction. Staircase is a heavy structure; hence it should be located in negative zones like the South or the West. The staircase in northern or eastern part of house may give adverse effects. The stairs should rise from the East to West or from the North to South. The staircase should not be in the center of the house. Avoid staircase in northeast direction also.

Here are some Do’s and Don’ts for functional staircase.

DO’S

• Make staircase of the house in southern or western part of the house as these directions are heavy.
  • Build staircase in southeast in east, northwest in north, southwest in west and southwest in south if the staircase is external.
  • Arise the stairs from the East to West or from the North to South and a turn can be taken to any other side due to paucity of space.
  • Make the number of stairs odd. It should not end with zero. The number of risers should be such odd numbers that if divided by 3, the remainder is always 2.
  • Paint staircase in light colors. Avoid red and black color.
  • Repair broken stairs immediately otherwise it may cause accidents or mental tension due to clashes.

DON’TS

• Avoid staircase in northeast of the house and in center of the house as it will cause loss of wealth. The staircase in any other corner reduces loss.
  • Do not make staircase circular as it may cause ill effects on health.
  • Do not build any room such as kitchen, bathroom and ‘Pooja’ room under staircase. However it can be used for storage.
  • Do not use common staircase for going upstairs and basement.

129  Comment(s)
1234Next  >>
By Anonymous - On 9/22/2014 8:58:20 PM
If you show diagrams of staircase alongwith directions i.e. Est, West, South & North, we can have a better understanding because "southeast in east, northwest in north" is a little confusing.
regards
Narayanaswami

By Anonymous - On 9/22/2014 2:01:14 PM
sir. I constructed a part of house a store. a room and a garage on the west of my house as my main door is in North please give me some suggestions...

By Anonymous - On 9/5/2014 7:46:14 PM
I have a bathroom under our staircase.and it cannot be removed.pls suggest a remedy as per vastu without altering the bathroom

hari shrestha
By hari shrestha -  On  8/3/2014 12:48:47 PM
Sir I am constructing a house in a plot facing west direction(26 feet by 50 feet). In which direction should i make stair case as per vastu. please, kindly suggest me possible options.

By Anonymous - On 7/28/2014 3:11:24 PM
I have my staircase in North Corner. Should i change it?????

By Anonymous - On 7/22/2014 1:09:35 AM
In duplex flat my door is in NW there is no place to put stair in south or west so it put in center please suggest me remidey

By Anonymous - On 7/10/2014 12:03:15 PM
I am building a duplex house east facing and my staircase is in west and position is center of house. Any problem with that

By Anonymous - On 7/9/2014 2:59:07 PM
Sir I would like to modify the stairs so plz guide me

By Anonymous - On 6/28/2014 8:25:11 PM
i have common staircase for basement and going upstairs. what should we do?

By Anonymous - On 6/16/2014 7:42:17 PM
THANKS FOR THE DETAIL INFORMATION. PLEASE ADD REMEDIES IF POSSIBLE TO NIGATE THE VAASTU DEFECTS

By Anonymous - On 6/8/2014 5:20:05 PM
My stairs R in Mid East north to South ,please give me Remedies

By Anonymous - On 5/17/2014 8:15:45 PM
please help me what to do in my house staircase in northeast please

regards
Deepak
+918971558966

mishthipachar
By mishthipachar -  On  5/13/2014 9:27:32 AM
my staircase is in center oof building what to do

By Anonymous - On 3/30/2014 2:14:10 PM
its good , pl tell me if our staircase is internal and from north to east what is remedy for this stair case

By Anonymous - On 3/22/2014 7:52:58 PM
i am going to construct g plus 3 building completely for personal use partly commercial and partly residencial how should i count the no. of step?whether for each floor seperately or total steps of complete building

By Anonymous - On 3/10/2014 9:00:40 PM
I have a house in the north direction. Sitout is in the north and carporch in the north east side. Behind this starts the stairs to east turn () degree to south then to west to first floor. Is there anything wrong in this direction How to correct it?

By Anonymous - On 3/10/2014 2:01:01 AM
Hi I need construct new house 23*35 700 Sq. Ft. East facing

By Anonymous - On 2/25/2014 7:05:02 AM
My dear I know all this Vastu tips, inspite I purchased a pent house duplex having stairs wooden rising from west to East on the North wall and in between again turning with 90 angle to south and going to upper floor. How we can do the Vastu treatment without structural changes? I feel puting a water body in the ISHAN KON under the stairs may be good ? Please suggest.

By Anonymous - On 2/22/2014 3:15:40 AM
Hi
I have a question my house is north facing . Staircase is center of the house and it starts south to north then south what is the remedy for this

By Anonymous - On 1/1/2014 9:35:53 PM

By Anonymous - On 1/1/2014 12:58:27 PM

I have a staircase in southwest area, but it is in anti-clock direction. Let me know that it is very nigetive for prosperity of home?

By Anonymous - On 1/1/2014 12:58:27 PM

By Anonymous - On 12/25/2013 5:19:07 AM
sir,my staircase 4 ft. way from northeast. what should i do ??

By Anonymous - On 12/25/2013 5:16:49 AM
Sir, me building staircase is northeast direction. what should i do??

By Anonymous - On 12/3/2013 9:08:00 AM
I HAVE STAIR CASE STARTS 3FT AWAY FROM NORTH EAST CORNER.
I.E STAIR CASE STARTS FROM NORTH MOVING TOWARDS SOUTH AND RIGHT TURN TOWARDS WEST.IS IT OK ELSE WHAT THE REMDIES

By Anonymous - On 10/5/2013 9:13:03 PM
my quetion is can u use ceramic or vitrified tiles for stair case flooring ?

By Anonymous - On 9/19/2013 4:48:38 PM
sir I am constructing a house in a plot facing north west direction the stair case is located in north east direction as per the design and options, is it correct as per vastu. please suggest me possible remedy if there is a vastu defect.

By Anonymous - On 9/17/2013 4:50:40 PM
Excellent opinions

By Anonymous - On 9/9/2013 11:09:13 AM
sir, i am constructing a house in a northwest plot(west) facing please guide me where should be the stairs if they are in northwest direction what is the remedy.

pavan
By pavan -  On  8/1/2013 4:25:31 PM
what is the best place for stair case in north-east(eshan)facing plot house

By Anonymous - On 6/28/2013 4:46:14 PM
please let me know the remedy if stair are in northeast direction starting from east to north and the thus the entrance of the flat becomes NE which I assume is good according to vastu

By Anonymous - On 6/20/2013 8:53:59 AM
very nice. plese tell me remedy if stair are in northeast direction

By Anonymous - On 2/15/2013 4:04:03 PM
excellent

By Anonymous - On 2/2/2013 1:22:04 PM
50*18 foot plot east face house

Rashmikant Tank
By Rashmikant Tank -  On  1/24/2013 8:36:55 PM
Yr article was indeed helpful which removed confusion,Thanks a lot.

Anu lama
By Anu lama -  On  1/24/2013 7:07:16 PM
I love this article. It will help me a lot.

rahul
By rahul -  On  8/12/2012 2:32:51 PM
mera jeena utter disa se purab disa ki or bana hai usme 16 steps hai yah kitna nuksan dayak hai batane ka caust kare

rahul
By rahul -  On  8/12/2012 2:31:41 PM

By Anonymous - On 8/10/2012 4:50:44 PM
I wish to know more about chineese vasthu.There is a coconut tree in front of my home's front door.is there any problem and how it solved??

venkatesh
By venkatesh -  On  3/26/2012 6:46:26 AM
My door is in the North.At entrance there is staircase going towards east and a turn to the left northwards in anticlockwise direction What is the Dosha of this staicase?

By Anonymous - On 3/10/2012 6:11:34 PM
i have a north facing core house with 461 sqft and land size 1000sqft(25x40)please advice me the construction details

More Articles on GharExpert.com

Vastu Tips for Office

THE DISADVANTAGE OF IMPROPER VASTU

Vastu for Construction of House

corner corner
Feedback
Was this article helpful? Let us know how can
we improve it. We welcome both negative and
positive comments.
Your name   :Anonymous
corner corner

Discuss in forums
Do you need more information? Discuss
with other community members in the
Forums area of the site. Enter details below!
Login or register yourself on GharExpert to
click here

Location for Kitchen according to Vastu
Location for Kitchen according to Vastu
Bed Room Location
Bed Room Location
Wooden Staircase
Wooden Staircase
Click on the image to enlargeClick on the image to Enlarge
Click here to view more pictures
Related Articles
Vastu
Vastu Tips for Office
Offices laid out according to Vastu principles are useful in generating financial growth of business. Vastu suggests s..
THE
THE DISADVANTAGE OF IMPROPER VASTU
There is no reason to tip the balance if your fortunes, peace of mind, health and your business are doing fine and are
More Articles
Read View all
Hot Articles
Cement
Cement Concrete
In the construction of building work, there is need of various types of building materials which are used during the c..
Read Read more
Specification
Specification of Fine Aggregate/Coarse Sand
Fine Aggregate may have more impact on the strength of the building than cement. This article explains the guidelines ..
Read Read more
Space
Space Planning In Kitchen
Kitchen is the heart of a home and each lady want her kitchen according to her desires. So the kitchen should be more ..
Read Read more
Ceiling
Ceiling designs
Modern Ceiling Design ideas are one of the most beautiful things that can happen to your home design. Here view some p..
Read Read more
Top 10 Mistakes to avoid when Hiring a Contractor
When planning to build your dream home it may be difficult to hire a good contractor. A successful house construction ..
Read Read more
Dining
Dining Room
Dinning room creates cozy atmosphere when decorated with refreshing flowers. Use tremendous ideas and designs which gi..
Read Read more
Orientation
Orientation of Building
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation o..
Read Read more
Indoor
Indoor Air Quality
Do you know unhygienic indoor air can create risks to our lives? It can cause asthma, allergic diseases and respirato..
Read Read more
More featured articles
Related tips
  • Pooja Room should not be locate under the stairs
  • Vastu recommends that you avoid black and gray color in your home as these may cause frustration and depression.
  • Having a mirror on the wall opposite to the foot of bed can disturb your sleep; cover the mirror at night for more restful sleep.
Tags
Aggregate Bathroom Board Brick Building Ceiling Cement Color Concrete Construction Dampness Dining Door Finishing Flooring Furniture Glass Home Interior Interior decoration Kitchen Kota Light Marble Paint Plastic Plumbing Pop Sand Security Steel Study Termite Tile Vastu Window
1234Next  >>
Copyright 2007- GharExpert.com All rights reserved.

|  Advertize with us  |  About us  |  Contact us  |  RSS  |  Blog  |  Terms of service  |  Style made simple  |  Decorating slide show  |  Tips  |  Give your feedback  |