Vastu Shastra for Staircase

Vastu verifies to locate staircase of the building in the South or West direction. Staircase is a heavy structure; hence it should be located in negative zones like the South or the West. The staircase in northern or eastern part of house may give adverse effects. The stairs should rise from the East to West or from the North to South. The staircase should not be in the center of the house. Avoid staircase in northeast direction also.

Here are some Do’s and Don’ts for functional staircase.

DO’S

• Make staircase of the house in southern or western part of the house as these directions are heavy.
  • Build staircase in southeast in east, northwest in north, southwest in west and southwest in south if the staircase is external.
  • Arise the stairs from the East to West or from the North to South and a turn can be taken to any other side due to paucity of space.
  • Make the number of stairs odd. It should not end with zero. The number of risers should be such odd numbers that if divided by 3, the remainder is always 2.
  • Paint staircase in light colors. Avoid red and black color.
  • Repair broken stairs immediately otherwise it may cause accidents or mental tension due to clashes.

DON’TS

• Avoid staircase in northeast of the house and in center of the house as it will cause loss of wealth. The staircase in any other corner reduces loss.
  • Do not make staircase circular as it may cause ill effects on health.
  • Do not build any room such as kitchen, bathroom and ‘Pooja’ room under staircase. However it can be used for storage.
  • Do not use common staircase for going upstairs and basement.

116  Comment(s)
123Next  >>
By Anonymous - On 3/30/2014 2:14:10 PM
its good , pl tell me if our staircase is internal and from north to east what is remedy for this stair case

By Anonymous - On 3/22/2014 7:52:58 PM
i am going to construct g plus 3 building completely for personal use partly commercial and partly residencial how should i count the no. of step?whether for each floor seperately or total steps of complete building

By Anonymous - On 3/10/2014 9:00:40 PM
I have a house in the north direction. Sitout is in the north and carporch in the north east side. Behind this starts the stairs to east turn () degree to south then to west to first floor. Is there anything wrong in this direction How to correct it?

By Anonymous - On 3/10/2014 2:01:01 AM
Hi I need construct new house 23*35 700 Sq. Ft. East facing

By Anonymous - On 2/25/2014 7:05:02 AM
My dear I know all this Vastu tips, inspite I purchased a pent house duplex having stairs wooden rising from west to East on the North wall and in between again turning with 90 angle to south and going to upper floor. How we can do the Vastu treatment without structural changes? I feel puting a water body in the ISHAN KON under the stairs may be good ? Please suggest.

By Anonymous - On 2/22/2014 3:15:40 AM
Hi
I have a question my house is north facing . Staircase is center of the house and it starts south to north then south what is the remedy for this

By Anonymous - On 1/1/2014 9:35:53 PM

By Anonymous - On 1/1/2014 12:58:27 PM

I have a staircase in southwest area, but it is in anti-clock direction. Let me know that it is very nigetive for prosperity of home?

By Anonymous - On 1/1/2014 12:58:27 PM

By Anonymous - On 12/25/2013 5:19:07 AM
sir,my staircase 4 ft. way from northeast. what should i do ??

By Anonymous - On 12/25/2013 5:16:49 AM
Sir, me building staircase is northeast direction. what should i do??

By Anonymous - On 12/3/2013 9:08:00 AM
I HAVE STAIR CASE STARTS 3FT AWAY FROM NORTH EAST CORNER.
I.E STAIR CASE STARTS FROM NORTH MOVING TOWARDS SOUTH AND RIGHT TURN TOWARDS WEST.IS IT OK ELSE WHAT THE REMDIES

By Anonymous - On 10/5/2013 9:13:03 PM
my quetion is can u use ceramic or vitrified tiles for stair case flooring ?

By Anonymous - On 9/19/2013 4:48:38 PM
sir I am constructing a house in a plot facing north west direction the stair case is located in north east direction as per the design and options, is it correct as per vastu. please suggest me possible remedy if there is a vastu defect.

By Anonymous - On 9/17/2013 4:50:40 PM
Excellent opinions

By Anonymous - On 9/9/2013 11:09:13 AM
sir, i am constructing a house in a northwest plot(west) facing please guide me where should be the stairs if they are in northwest direction what is the remedy.

pavan
By pavan -  On  8/1/2013 4:25:31 PM
what is the best place for stair case in north-east(eshan)facing plot house

By Anonymous - On 6/28/2013 4:46:14 PM
please let me know the remedy if stair are in northeast direction starting from east to north and the thus the entrance of the flat becomes NE which I assume is good according to vastu

By Anonymous - On 6/20/2013 8:53:59 AM
very nice. plese tell me remedy if stair are in northeast direction

By Anonymous - On 2/15/2013 4:04:03 PM
excellent

By Anonymous - On 2/2/2013 1:22:04 PM
50*18 foot plot east face house

Rashmikant Tank
By Rashmikant Tank -  On  1/24/2013 8:36:55 PM
Yr article was indeed helpful which removed confusion,Thanks a lot.

Anu lama
By Anu lama -  On  1/24/2013 7:07:16 PM
I love this article. It will help me a lot.

rahul
By rahul -  On  8/12/2012 2:32:51 PM
mera jeena utter disa se purab disa ki or bana hai usme 16 steps hai yah kitna nuksan dayak hai batane ka caust kare

rahul
By rahul -  On  8/12/2012 2:31:41 PM

By Anonymous - On 8/10/2012 4:50:44 PM
I wish to know more about chineese vasthu.There is a coconut tree in front of my home's front door.is there any problem and how it solved??

venkatesh
By venkatesh -  On  3/26/2012 6:46:26 AM
My door is in the North.At entrance there is staircase going towards east and a turn to the left northwards in anticlockwise direction What is the Dosha of this staicase?

By Anonymous - On 3/10/2012 6:11:34 PM
i have a north facing core house with 461 sqft and land size 1000sqft(25x40)please advice me the construction details

By Anonymous - On 12/21/2011 4:44:42 PM
this information is really helpful

By Anonymous - On 11/9/2011 8:37:47 PM
Very useful, Thankyou, please tell me the remedy for the stair case that is located in NORTH- EAST and EAST (stairs go up from North to South and wind in clockwise direction).

By Anonymous - On 10/25/2011 9:31:18 PM
I have cleared some doubts,regarding position of staircase after reading this article.

HARISH KHANNA
By HARISH KHANNA -  On  9/4/2011 5:32:32 AM
what about stairs starting in front of main gate's left side with the gate being 135 degree so the stairs come in front of gate and starting from east then turns to right towards north please advice

HARISH KHANNA
By HARISH KHANNA -  On  9/4/2011 5:30:13 AM
what about stairs starting in front of main gate's left side with the gate being 135 degree so the stairs come in front of gate and starting from east then turns to right towards notrth

By Anonymous - On 9/3/2011 11:53:06 AM
well i was helped a lot by this article ..Thank u very much.

By Anonymous - On 7/18/2011 9:22:11 PM
IT WAS VERY HELPFULL.TIPS FOR REPAIRS OF VASTU DOSHA ARE NEEDED IN THIS ARTICLE.THANKS.

By Anonymous - On 5/28/2011 6:16:26 PM
Sir, I want about Garage and Staircase, I have garage in North east and staircase in the north. and my stair ascend in anticlock wise direction. hou many steps given in this stair.so it is possible.Please tell me

Anil Kumar Gupta
By Anil Kumar Gupta -  On  5/24/2011 9:59:55 AM
Sir, i want know about staircase.

By Anonymous - On 5/24/2011 9:53:19 AM
Sir, I want about Garage and Staircase, I have garage in North east and staircase in the north. so it is possible.Please tell me

By Anonymous - On 5/12/2011 11:28:51 AM
if staircase already build in north side any adverse effect in vastu

By Anonymous - On 5/12/2011 11:27:13 AM
if staircase already build in north side any adverse effect in vastu

skumar
By skumar -  On  4/20/2011 9:35:52 AM
We have a staircase that is arising from South to North. Please suggest what could be side effects of same and how can we reduce it..

More Articles on GharExpert.com

Vastu Tips for Office

THE DISADVANTAGE OF IMPROPER VASTU

Vastu for Construction of House

corner corner
Feedback
Was this article helpful? Let us know how can
we improve it. We welcome both negative and
positive comments.
Your name   :Anonymous
corner corner

Discuss in forums
Do you need more information? Discuss
with other community members in the
Forums area of the site. Enter details below!
Login or register yourself on GharExpert to
click here

Location for Kitchen according to Vastu
Location for Kitchen according to Vastu
Bed Room Location
Bed Room Location
Wooden Staircase
Wooden Staircase
Click on the image to enlargeClick on the image to Enlarge
Click here to view more pictures
Related Articles
Vastu
Vastu Tips for Office
Offices laid out according to Vastu principles are useful in generating financial growth of business. Vastu suggests s..
THE
THE DISADVANTAGE OF IMPROPER VASTU
There is no reason to tip the balance if your fortunes, peace of mind, health and your business are doing fine and are
More Articles
Read View all
Hot Articles
How
How to Grow Bamboo Indoor
Growing eco friendly plant like bamboo helps in keeping environment clean. Bamboo is considered as sign of good health..
Read Read more
Types
Types of Glasses
A variety of glasses enriches interiors and exteriors of house and serves the purpose of light, ventilation and decora..
Read Read more
Bathroom
Bathroom Pictures
GharExpert have updated collection of awesome bathroom pictures. Users also take interest in in uploading pictures in..
Read Read more
Study
Study Room Designs
Study Room Design Ideas and Pictures can help you to design study room. Here are given some pictures of study rooms:
Read Read more
Crystal
Crystal Chandelier : Sparkle your Dining
Crystal chandeliers give grace, lavishness and spark to your dining room. With a charming and elegant crystal chandeli..
Read Read more
Kitchen
Kitchen Island
A kitchen island perks up your kitchen as multifunctional space and gives you additional eating area as well as food p..
Read Read more
Baby
Baby Room Furniture
Gorgeous and cozy furniture offer stunning look to your baby room. Funky, hand painted and appealing furniture make yo..
Read Read more
Kids
Kids Room Theme
Fascinating themes, interesting and loving furnishing can cheer up the mood of your kids whereas pink color schemes fo..
Read Read more
More featured articles
Related tips
  • Pooja Room should not be locate under the stairs
  • Vastu recommends that you avoid black and gray color in your home as these may cause frustration and depression.
  • Having a mirror on the wall opposite to the foot of bed can disturb your sleep; cover the mirror at night for more restful sleep.
Tags
Aggregate Bathroom Board Brick Building Ceiling Cement Color Concrete Construction Dampness Dining Door Finishing Flooring Furniture Glass Home Interior Interior decoration Kitchen Kota Light Marble Paint Plastic Plumbing Pop Sand Security Steel Study Termite Tile Vastu Window
123Next  >>
Copyright 2007- GharExpert.com All rights reserved.

|  Advertize with us  |  About us  |  Contact us  |  RSS  |  Blog  |  Terms of service  |  Style made simple  |  Decorating slide show  |  Tips  |  Give your feedback  |