Vastu for Construction of House

As you have bought a plot for your dream home, Vastu provides principles for construction of house. By following these principles, you can make an inauspicious plot auspicious. At first make a plan on paper regarding layout of the building, excavation, foundation concrete, brick work, doors and windows frame etc.

Before starting construction, the land should be cleared of thorny plants, bushes, stones, holes in the ground. The trash should be removed from construction site. Construction should be done constantly, that is, there is no break in construction work. Daytime is good for construction work, avoid it in the night. Compound walls should be built before construction of house. Here are given principles for right construction of the house.

Construction Material: Only new material should be used for building.  Old material which is not durable should not be used for new construction as generally old bricks, doors; steel bars and plumbing material are used in new construction.  Wood taken from thorny trees should not be used. As per Vastu rules same material should be used for doors and their frames that is iron doors are made of iron frames rather that wooden frames and wooden doors are made of wooden frames instead of iron frames.

Storage of Material: Store room is necessary at construction site for storing materials like cement bags. Storage makes the room heavy so it should be in southwest, south or west direction

Excavation: As per Vastu, excavation of land should commence from northeast corner and proceed towards the East, North, South and then West direction.

Water Sump: Water source in the plot is auspicious in northeast, north or east directions as northeast is place of water. Avoid it in southwest, southeast and northwest directions. Water sump in the middle of house is inauspicious.

Laying Foundation: Foundation work should start from southwest corner and proceed towards northwest and southeast and then from southeast and northwest to northeast.

Entrance Door: Entrance door should be in positive direction and far away from corners. Positive directions are North, Northeast, and East in East and North facing plot, Southeast and South in South facing plot, West and Northwest in West facing plot. There should be one or maximum two entrance doors in a house.

General Tips for House Construction

• There should be open space in the northeast of the house. There is more open space in the North and East than South and West.
  • Master bedroom should be in the Southwest of the house.
  • Kitchen should be in the Southeast of the house. Alternate location is the Northwest.
  • Pooja Room should be built in the Northeast of the house.
  • Toilet should be in the West or Northwest and bathroom can be in the Northeast, North, East or Northwest of the house.
  • Basement can be in northern or eastern portion of the house.
  • The paint of light color is auspicious as per Vastu. Avoid red and black color in house.

118  Comment(s)
123Next  >>
jitendra tarai
By jitendra tarai -  On  11/17/2014 11:38:10 PM
i have a plot which size is 40 ft wide and 60 ft long, this is east facing,kindly any vastu plan for 3 bhk room single villa,for right location for bed room,kitchen,drawing.toilet,in this plot,

By Anonymous - On 10/23/2014 9:59:18 AM
Sir my plot size 24*50 feet paschim mukhi please suggest home map with vast sastra

By Anonymous - On 10/19/2014 8:05:55 PM
I need 2 BHK drawing plan for 985.5 Sq.Feet East facing land

Frontage is 27 feet
Side is 36

By Anonymous - On 10/16/2014 2:49:34 PM
I HAVE 30x50 feet west open plot & want to build 2 floor hous with vastu kindly give me plan.

By Anonymous - On 9/18/2014 3:48:01 PM
Sir my plot is 16×48 frant size is 16 feet in saouth. I want blue print of map 2bhk home.

By Anonymous - On 8/23/2014 11:26:36 PM
i have a plot of 40 sqft lenght and 26 sqft breath. pls give me gud layout for my house.i want ground plus two storey bungalow.
if you can help me making my dream house

By Anonymous - On 8/17/2014 9:00:34 PM
My plot size width 20 feet and deep 60 .i want create only 20*45 ....show my elevation

By Anonymous - On 8/13/2014 11:00:25 AM
my plot in noida i require map 30*30 pacing north side 2 badroom and kitchen loilet parking on scooter and bike

By Anonymous - On 7/6/2014 8:00:38 PM
Sir my plot size is 30x40 south facing east west is 40 north to south is 30 feet i want make 3 bedroom in 2 story

shailendra shrivastava
By shailendra shrivastava -  On  6/18/2014 1:17:41 AM
My land area is 23×49 and I want to build a house so plzzz suggest with goid map

By Anonymous - On 6/2/2014 8:39:24 AM
Sir/ madam please give me a suggestion to make house map my land size is 20' by 60 ' i need car park and 2 bed room 1 hall 1 kitchen toilet bathroom

By Anonymous - On 4/22/2014 5:10:52 PM
i need 2 bed room with attached bathroom* building plan.Please advise and let me know which is better....

By Anonymous - On 4/16/2014 4:47:21 PM
Respected sir/madam
my plote is of size 16 * 27 feet and facing of east and plzzz zend me a map for my home i m soo confuse .....help me

ravindra
By ravindra -  On  4/15/2014 9:27:24 PM
Can I get a Vastu compliant layout of our NE facing plotof 10m by 20 m, with 10 m side facing NE direction?
Ravindra
ravidubey001@granzor.in

By Anonymous - On 4/1/2014 1:30:10 PM
Our plot size is 40x60 goumukhi plot our requirements is dabule story 4 bedrooms 1 kitchen 2 store 4 attached bathrooms 1 car porch puja room & one toilet

By Anonymous - On 4/1/2014 1:21:57 PM

RAJESH SHARMA
By RAJESH SHARMA -  On  2/21/2014 10:17:33 AM
i want one toilet and bath room in north east corner because i dont have space in other area pla suggestthe best as per vastu on rasharma2@coca-cola.com 9720164769

RAJESH SHARMA
By RAJESH SHARMA -  On  2/21/2014 10:14:35 AM
very helpful

Vandana Sharma
By Vandana Sharma -  On  2/18/2014 3:36:53 PM
Hello, I have a 15 width and 30 depth North facing house.I want to Build 1 Bedroom,1 guest room,1 poojaroom & 1 kitchen.I would appreciate if you could share a Map guiding me how to Build it and also, tell what Vaastu precaution I should take while constructing the house.

By Anonymous - On 2/18/2014 12:57:15 PM
Sir, I have south facing plot size is 40(road facing) × 60. Plesse advice a good plan of 2 bhk with modern elevation.

By Anonymous - On 2/12/2014 4:29:22 PM
plese give me information about vastu

By Anonymous - On 2/6/2014 12:59:56 PM
Uda=26, 4
Agal=32.3fet

By Anonymous - On 2/6/2014 12:57:41 PM
Uda=26, 4
Agal=32.3fet

By Anonymous - On 2/6/2014 12:52:56 PM
Uda=26, 4
Agal=32.3fet

By Anonymous - On 1/21/2014 6:33:38 PM
my office facing south(east south corner).seminar room in west,which direction i sit while discussing with clients

Ganesh
By Ganesh -  On  1/20/2014 6:29:14 PM
I have an open North facing plot with following dimensions. East - 106ft, West - 115 ft, North - 68 ft and South - 70 ft. with access roads at North and at West. Could you please suggest remedies to make this plot good without losing any area?

By Anonymous - On 12/1/2013 11:40:45 AM
I have an old house constructed about 48 years back is in good condition but due to some reason i need to construct new house on nearby plot.Will it be auspisious to use material of old house in new house.please guide with contact number.

By Anonymous - On 11/21/2013 12:01:07 PM
i have a small plot purchase size 23x17 north facing plot please give me tips for constructs home according to vastu.
awaiting for your soonest feed back.
Thanks & Regds
Pradeep k Pandey

By Anonymous - On 11/19/2013 7:15:59 AM
excelent*****

By Anonymous - On 11/13/2013 8:08:40 PM
i want a plan for a vertically rectangular plot of size 40 by 100feet facing west..

yogesh
By yogesh -  On  9/22/2013 10:28:28 PM
I hv small size plot 14x30 west facing plot. Please sugest me floor plan as according to vastu.

yogesh
By yogesh -  On  9/22/2013 10:22:02 PM

By Anonymous - On 7/5/2013 5:32:31 PM
sir,40*60squft. built 5b,2h,1k house

By Anonymous - On 6/27/2013 4:36:05 PM
sir;
my plot area is 29*49 sq ft and entrance is in west.I want to build 2 bhk so tell me as per vastu shastra.

By Anonymous - On 4/29/2013 6:23:25 PM
I WANT MAP OF MY NORTH FACING PLOT FOR CONSTRUCTING HOUSE LEASE SEND ME ONE OF IT

By Anonymous - On 1/7/2013 7:59:06 PM
sir,
our plot is three side opened and the area is 31 x 60 sq. ft.please let us know about 3bed room set as per vastu

By Anonymous - On 1/7/2013 7:45:51 PM
sir,

By Anonymous - On 1/2/2013 11:37:16 AM
yes this is helpful,specially for the persons having no knowledge in this field.

By Anonymous - On 12/27/2012 9:43:33 PM
Article was quite helpful. Pl keep posting update.

drjayaprakash
By drjayaprakash -  On  10/29/2012 10:58:14 AM
in a house facing west, and the maim door facing west, does the door be opened to the right hand side or left hand side when you are entering the house.
also advise on a plotfacing south for construction of a house.

More Articles on GharExpert.com

Vastu Tips for Office

THE DISADVANTAGE OF IMPROPER VASTU

Vastu and Interior Decoration

corner corner
Feedback
Was this article helpful? Let us know how can
we improve it. We welcome both negative and
positive comments.
Your name   :Anonymous
corner corner

Discuss in forums
Do you need more information? Discuss
with other community members in the
Forums area of the site. Enter details below!
Login or register yourself on GharExpert to
click here
corner corner

Goumukhi plot
Goumukhi plot

Singhmukhi Plot
Singhmukhi Plot
vastu
vastu
Slanted roof exterior elevation for humid and high rainfall regions.
Slanted roof exterior elevation for humi...
slanted room exterior elevation design
vimal house
vimal house
Ceiling Design for Modern Houses
Ceiling Design for Modern Houses
Modern House Elevation
Modern House Elevation
Click on the image to enlargeClick on the image to Enlarge
Click here to view more pictures
Related Articles
Vastu
Vastu Tips for Office
Offices laid out according to Vastu principles are useful in generating financial growth of business. Vastu suggests s..
THE
THE DISADVANTAGE OF IMPROPER VASTU
There is no reason to tip the balance if your fortunes, peace of mind, health and your business are doing fine and are
More Articles
Read View all
Hot Articles
Cement
Cement Concrete
In the construction of building work, there is need of various types of building materials which are used during the c..
Read Read more
Specification
Specification of Fine Aggregate/Coarse Sand
Fine Aggregate may have more impact on the strength of the building than cement. This article explains the guidelines ..
Read Read more
Bathroom
Bathroom Plans and Layouts for 60 to 100 square feet
Find 12 bathroom plans for the space of 60 to 100 square feet. Different layouts in different shaped bathroom but pra..
Read Read more
Ceiling
Ceiling Design- New Ceiling Design for 2012
Ceiling design ideas can change the overall look of the room. Look at the new collection of ceiling design that gives ..
Read Read more
Kitchen
Kitchen Ideas
Make your kitchen both friendly and well-organized with these creative decorating ideas. Kitchen is a one of the most ..
Read Read more
Ceiling
Ceiling designs
Modern Ceiling Design ideas are one of the most beautiful things that can happen to your home design. Here view some p..
Read Read more
Wall
Wall painting design
There are various types of wall paint design available in the market which you can incorporate in your home to give it..
Read Read more
Top 10 Mistakes to avoid when Hiring a Contractor
When planning to build your dream home it may be difficult to hire a good contractor. A successful house construction ..
Read Read more
More featured articles
Related tips
  • Pooja Room should not be locate under the stairs
  • Vastu recommends that you avoid black and gray color in your home as these may cause frustration and depression.
  • Having a mirror on the wall opposite to the foot of bed can disturb your sleep; cover the mirror at night for more restful sleep.
Tags
Aggregate Bathroom Board Brick Building Ceiling Cement Color Concrete Construction Dampness Dining Door Finishing Flooring Furniture Glass Home Interior Interior decoration Kitchen Kota Light Marble Paint Plastic Plumbing Pop Sand Security Steel Study Termite Tile Vastu Window
123Next  >>
Copyright 2007- GharExpert.com All rights reserved.

|  Advertize with us  |  About us  |  Contact us  |  RSS  |  Blog  |  Terms of service  |  Style made simple  |  Decorating slide show  |  Tips  |  Give your feedback  |