Which are different types of plastering for construction work?
1. Sand faced plaster:
- The first coat of sand faced cement plaster is done with cement mortar in 1:4 with coarse sand after curing the plaster for seven days the second coat of cement plaster 1:3 ratio will be done on the first coat.
- Sponge is used in the second coat and it is applied when the second coat is wet, it is thus worked that the density of sand grain appear on surface is equal and uniform.
- The surface is kept well watered at least for 15 days.
2. Rough Cast Plaster:
3.Pebbled dash plaster:
- This plaster is a mixture of sand and gravel in specified proportion dashed over a freshly plastered surface.
- The plaster base consists of two coats, under layer 12 mm thick and top layer 10 mm thick having the cement mortar ratio 1:3.
- In order to make the base more plastic, about 10% of hydrated lime by volume of cement shall be added while prepare mortar.
4. Smooth cast plaster or plain face plaster:
- It is similar to rough cast finish except clean pebble of size from 6 mm to 12.5 mm are dashed against the surface so that there are laid in position by mortar applied already.
5. De peter Plaster:
- This finish is just similar to sand faced finish except fine grained sand is used instead of coarse sand.
- No sponging is done to expose the sand grain .
- It is normally done on internal walls.
6.Washed stone Grit Plaster:
- This is just another form of rough cast finish.
- The rendering coat of 12 mm thick is prepared as in case of pebbled dash finish.
- While this coat is wet, pieces of gravel are pressed with hand on the surface.
- Thus it is possible to have beautiful patterns and ornamental designs on the surface by selecting materials of different colors.
7. Plastering with terrazzo finish:
- This plaster is done in two layers, under layer 12 mm cement plaster in 1: 4 ratio.
- This is furrowing the under layer with scratching tools applying cement slurry on the under layer at the rate 2 Kg. cement per SQM and on the top layer 1d5 mm cement plaster 1:0.5: 2 ( 1 cement : 0.5 coarse sand : 2 stone chipping 10 MM nominal size. ) in panels with groove all around as per approved pattern including washing the top layer with brushes and water to expose the stone chipping .
8.External wall cladding by stone:
- This plastering is normally 18 mm --------- with Terrazzo finish, rubbed and polished under layer 12mm thick plaster 1:3 and top of 6 mm thick white, black, chocolate l, gray , yellow or green marble chips of 3 mm laid in cement marble powder mix 3:1 by weight in proportion 4:7 marble powder mix cement 4 : 7 marble chips .
- This plastering is normally done by Dholpur stone.
Plastering not only makes the surfaces smooth but creates a good finishing to the walls, ceiling and roofs also.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Unique 'Plastering' makes a difference and requires a lot of skills which are discussed here.
Handle the cracks in the walls initially because they can destroy smooth finishing of the plaster.
Create an amusing smoothness in 'Plastering' with some tips and enjoy dazzling surfaces.
Tools take 'Plastering' to its peak finishing and make it ready for use.
Do 'Plastering' only when you know proper time schedule to avoid cracks in future
Thickness of cement plaster varies and depends on individual taste. You can apply any one from this article.
Whether you deserve unique skills for 'Plastering' or you need to know them.
Raw material and scaffolding are backbone of 'Plastering' and provide necessary support in construction.
In construction work plaster provides protection and decoration. Plaster work is important part of construction, which provides smooth, level and hard surface that can be painted to give good look. Read more about cement plaster checklist in article here.
Here in this article we tried to cover the common guideline meant for labor for cement plaster finishing for roof/ceiling and wall.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
Bedroom Wardrobes are essential articles of furniture and are used for storing things in homes. These not only contain clothes and footwear but whatever you need also.
Vastu tips for Bathroom help us determine the position of toilet seats, mirror, wash basin, and other fixtures in the bathroom. Preferred color on the walls, position of the exhaust fan, geyser and other accessory is also governed by Vastu and you will find appropriate tips for these in this article.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Rest and relaxation are the two words that are foremost in ones mind when returning home from work. Talking of rest and relaxation, the bedroom comes to our mind quite naturally.Read this article to know about the facts which explain complete vastu for bedroom.
Chairs draw everyone’s attention in drawing room as they are nice-looking and stylish articles of furniture. The selection of superb chairs purely depends on individual choice, requirement and budget.
Different types of ceiling
Alfa Plaster/Stone Plaster
Traditional types of brass door
A li'l different
different lighting for the same room
Living Room Different Style Chairs
Stools in a Different Shape
Different ceiling designs
ceiling designs of plaster of paris
ceiling designs of plaster of paris
different sofa set
bathroom tub with different color
Different look of stairs with mosaic style
Different drawing room design decoration
Different styles of Curtains
Modern Type of Chairs
Types of Soil and Digging Tools
work in progres
Construction Material Brick
Tradionally painted work on ceiling
Construction of house
Different Composite Roofing Shingles
Steel Bars For RCC Work
inlay work in flooring
Ceiling with wood work
Large House Exterior Elevation with different wall cladding
plaster decorative ceiling
Computer work Station
Exterior view of house under Construction work
Stone work on walls
Nice Brick Work
Brick Work On DPC
Construction of House
Ceiling designs of different styles
Different ways for Copper Roofing
Work in Progress
Cement Concrete and Brick Work in Foundation of Wall
Sloped roof house exterior under construction
duplex revit work