Protection against Mosquitoes
A few diseases like Dengue, Malaria, Chikungunya and Encephalitis have resulted in expressions of confusion all around. These diseases are fast turning out to be deadly face of mosquito- borne diseases. These diseases are transmitted by infected mosquitoes. Hence prevention is the most effective solution. If you act upon the following the points during new construction or in the existing construction, you can be safe of mosquitoes.
Preventive measures for new constructions
- Install all the outer openings with wire gauge doors, windows, and ventilator shutters with specified size of wire gauge 22x 12.
- Fix helical springs with wire gauge door shutters.
- Make proper drainage system in the kitchen, bathroom and toilet so that the water could not accumulate due to improper slope.
- Fix the lid of water storage tank very well at the time of construction.
- Provide small offset in the floor between internal and external door to prevent the entry of insect in the house.
Preventive measures for existing constructions
- Install wire gauze, if not installed already having specific size of 22 x 12 with all outer doors, window shutters and with ventilators.
- Fix helical springs into the door shutters with wire gauze.
- Put a teaspoonful of diesel or kerosene oil into the water cooler.
- Clean water cooler, clogged roofs and drains regularly.
- Use full sleeve clothes and mosquito replants like Odomos. etc.
- Remove out stagnant water in the garden, in the park or in the pots of plants by filling in with the earth.
- Dispose of unwanted tins, cans and tires.
- Put a mosquito protection screen on window.
- Clean flush sump-pump pits regularly.
- Arrange ornamental pool with the fish (Gambusia) which eats up the eggs of mosquitoes.
- Repair the leakages in water supply pipes and accumulated water in the kitchens, bathrooms, toilets and other parts of the house must be removed immediately.
- Fit the lid of water storage tank tightly.
- Stop the overflow of water from the water tank; which creates a small pool on the roof, and leakages in the water pipes.
Rain is fun but the fun may not last if your home fails to protect itself and its occupants from the elements. This write up lists 10 things you should check before the start of the rainy season.
Do you want to increase your working efficiency and reduce energy cost too? Opt for daylighting which offers strong health and good working environment in addition to reduction in energy cost/bills up to 50 %. Let’s read this article to know more facts.
Do you know unhygienic indoor air can create risks to our lives? It can cause asthma, allergic diseases and respiratory problems. This article lets you know several causes and remedial measures of indoor air quality.
Do you know almost all individual home construction projects in India take more money to complete than what people originally plan? If planned properly, we all can save 10% or more on our home construction projects. GharExpert.com has collected a series of articles where our objective is to share with you all the tricks that you could use to save money in building your dream home!
Proper ventilation freshens our breaths and leads us a healthy life. If you design or modify the house with maximum ventilation by installing proper windows and ventilators which gives more light and fresh air in the building.
Take utmost care to avoid dust during day long activities else the dust causes asthmatic problems to your lungs.
Smoke ruins not only our stamina but limits all options to live also.
The selection of a site depends upon ones present and future spatial requirements, the envisaged available funds, one’s lifestyle.
The whole building should be constructed at one time to avoid settlement in any portion of the building.
Everyone wants to build a dream home but no-one wants the hassle that comes in day-to-day construction work. Here are the guidelines that can help you pick a good contractor and make sure the relationship stays smooth throughout the construction work.
Bacteria affect the health of the occupants of the house adversely. By adopting the following points during construction
GharExpert.com would like to thank Rajni Jhabak, Amika Rai and Love Thy Community for their contribution to GharExpert database.
The capacity of doing work by an artisan or skilled labour in the form of quantity of work per day is known as the task work or out turn of the labour. The out-turn of work per artisan varies to some extent according to the nature, size, height, situation, location, etc. In well organized work less labour is required. The following may be taken as the approximate quantity of work or out turn or task for an average artisan per day.
Not all home decorating ideas require a heavy investment of time and money. If you're looking for a few affor
Once the architect has given his design options, it becomes necessary to select one and start working on it.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
Bedroom Wardrobes are essential articles of furniture and are used for storing things in homes. These not only contain clothes and footwear but whatever you need also.
Vastu tips for Bathroom help us determine the position of toilet seats, mirror, wash basin, and other fixtures in the bathroom. Preferred color on the walls, position of the exhaust fan, geyser and other accessory is also governed by Vastu and you will find appropriate tips for these in this article.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.