The reasons of dampness in the building are following:
1. Bitumen /Tar- felt coat on RCC slab is not proper or is done leaving some area and joints.
2. Cement concrete ‘gola’ with junction of wall and slab is not constructed or defective or broken.
3. Rain water pipe joints are defective and there is leakage even on smaller blockage.
4. Rain water pipe mouth have crack in it.
5. Sometimes rainy water pipe inlet is higher than ‘Khurra level’.
6. Some time there is a gap between the mouth of rainy water pipe and roofing.
7. The tracing at roof does not have required slope.
8. Earth place on RCC slab for making slope is not properly rammed.
9. Some depression exists on the surface of tile tracing where the water is stagnated.
10. Broken tiles are used.
11. The joints of “Chhaja /Cantilever” are not properly finished with the walls.
12. Drip course not made or broken.
13. Proper sill of windows and ventilator is not constructed.
14. The masonry joints of the walls are week and are not covered with cement plaster or cement pointing.
15. Proper ‘Damp Proof Course’ at the floor level is not made on the walls.
16. Rainy water discharge is not through proper shoe in the pipe.
17. Plinth protection is not made around the building.
18. The joints of Water supply and sewer line have some leakage.
19. Under water tank at roof, no water proofing is done.
20. Gap between the tile tracing and support of water tank is left.
21. Joints of tile tracing are not filled properly with mortar.
22. Cement pointing is defective at the top of tile tracing.
23. There is leakage from the water tank.
24. Proper ball cock is not fitted in the water tank.
25. Over flow pipe is not fitted in the water tank.