We recommend that an architect be appointed for the construction of any house as the professional help would be useful in many ways. One can clearly see and feel the difference in a house designed by an architect and one by a non-professional.
- The visual appeal of the house is much better, as it is discussed with the client beforehand and is designed by an experienced person.
- Know how of the spaces and structure before hand is useful. The architect with his experience helps in dividing the spaces more efficiently as required by the client. This also ascertains that the whole space is efficiently used.
- One gets to know the feel of the place and space functions. The architect is able to explain what the final look and feel of the spaces would be.
- The architect acts as an invigilator of the construction and helps in reducing costs and clarifies misconceptions and bills by the contractor.
- The architect helps manage construction within time and cost constraints.
- A practicing architect helps in designing the house within the constraints of building bye laws thus avoiding any illegal constructions that may create problems at the time of getting the completion certificate.
How to get to an architect?
Architects are not allowed to advertise. Hence it becomes a little tedious for an enthusiast house builder to get the apt architect. The juice, however, is worth the squeeze. For socialites and brand conscious, one gets enough information in newspapers, yellow pages, journals and magazines regarding upbeat architects. If cost is a major factor then one can help oneself by asking one’s friends, nears and dears, whosoever’s home one feels is appealing. This is because each architect has his own style and the feel of the spaces created is his own.
It is always worthwhile to check out on some of the works executed by the architect before hiring to ascertain that the suitability of the architects style. Architects do, however, adjust to the thinking styles of clients when the clients are certain of their requirements.
How to work with an architect?
- Hire a Licensed Architect to avoid sanctioning problems
- Sign a contract having commitment from both sides
- First, briefly discuss the realistic preliminary budget, description of the project.
- Aesthetic visions
- Architectural Style
- Living style
- Specifications if any
-number of floors
-number of bedrooms and baths
-size of kitchen, living (approx)
- Prepare a checklist of priorities
- Let Architect review your ideas
- Allow the Architect to respond
- Try to understand language of Architect
- One can certainly ask for redesign and modifications but after finalising and once construction gets started one should not go for any major changes.
What to expect from an architect?
Many options till a satisfactory solution is achieved
- Check for
-Does it meet your budget?
-Does it suit your life –style?
- Can ask for more 3-D drawings, perspectives, models
- Furniture layout to understand the functioning of a space.
- Ask Architect to complete all drawings and details before starting construction on site.
The capacity of doing work by an artisan or skilled labour in the form of quantity of work per day is known as the task work or out turn of the labour. The out-turn of work per artisan varies to some extent according to the nature, size, height, situation, location, etc. In well organized work less labour is required. The following may be taken as the approximate quantity of work or out turn or task for an average artisan per day.