Energy Saving Tips
Saving electricity is the need of hour as there is growing demand of energy in the country.
It’s first and foremost responsibility of everyone to save on electricity by applying proper appliances, right use of appliances and some other simple tricks. Thus saved energy will not only increase your savings but will help in the progress of the country also.
They say that “Electricity saved is electricity generated”, so if you want to help your country and lower your electricity bills also, apply following tips/methods for appliances to save electricity.
- Switch off lights and electrical appliances when not in use.
- Use sun light as much as possible. Avoid use of electricity in day time.
Use of Big Glass Window Gives More Natural Light....
(This picture is contributed by "Ritika")
- Paint walls and ceilings in light colors.
- Provide proper ventilation to enhance natural light and air.
- Keep lamps and fixtures clean to provide more light.
- Avoid the use of decorative and concealed lighting.
- Use wiring of proper size to reduce energy loss and fire hazards.
- Use florescent tube lights or CFL because they consume less electricity giving more light and have long life.
- Decrease partition height wherever possible to provide light in both parts from one point.
- Avoid the use of artificial light during day.
- Use coolers and air conditioners carefully.F
- Fit external lights with a motion sensor.
- Replace conventional regulators with electronic regulators for ceiling fans.
- Install exhaust fan above the height of ceiling fan.
- Grease electric fans regularly to avoid unnecessary fraction.
Use automatic electric iron.
Set regulator according to the nature of clothes.
Do not sprinkle more water on clothes.
Do not iron wet cloths.
- Keep refrigerators' door closed when not in use and make doors seal air tight.
- Regularly defrost refrigerator manually as frost consumes more energy.
- Give air circulation around refrigerator by leaving space between refrigerator and walls.
- Do not keep refrigerator too cold.
- Cover liquids and other food items as uncovered food releases moisture which makes compressor work hard.
- Do not put hot or warm food items into the refrigerator.
- Avoid dry grinding as it takes more time than liquid grinding.
- Switch off electric stove some minutes before specified time for cooking.
- Use flat bottom pans that consume less energy.
- Use solar energy as far as possible.
- Do not switch on power when TV and Audio system are not in use, as idle operation also losses energy.
- Save energy by switching off the monitor when not in use.
- Set computer monitor and copier to use sleep mode when not in use helps to cut energy cost by approximately 40%.
- Draw power plug from sockets when not in use.
- Always wash only with full load.
- Use optimal quantity of water.
- Make use of ‘Timer facility’ in washing machine to save energy.
- Use detergent in required quantity.
- Apply hot water for cleaning of dirty clothes.
- Avoid electric drier and use natural drying for clothes.
- Prefer air conditioner having automatic temperature cut off.
- Keep regulator at low cool position.
- Operate ceiling fan for spreading cold air effectively throughout the room.
- Seal door and windows properly.
- Maintain proper air circulation between wall and air conditioner.
- Apply thermal insulation with roof to reduce the load on air conditioner.
- Use window pans which should have sun films/curtains.
- Do not place lamps or TV set near air conditioner?
- Keep air conditioner in the shadow of plant or trees, if it’s working in the sun.
- Replace air conditioner filters every month.
- Buy equipments of proper size to meet your family's needs - an oversized air conditioner unit will waste energy.
- Lubricate motors and motor drives regularly to reduce friction.
- Keep motors clean to help them cool properly.
- Place motors as close to the load as possible. Pulley drives should be avoided if possible and use direct coupling.
- Use motors according to your requirement as oversized motors waste energy.
- Motors should be of high efficiency.
- Tight the belt and pulley regularly to reduce the loss of energy due to slip.
- Replace worn out bearing immediately and ensure timely repairs.
- Spend maximum time with family in a room by changing living habits to save electricity.
Solar lighting conserves energy and lowers the cost of energy consumption. It is renewable and infinite source of energy. Solar lighting is also environment friendly as it does not produce the harmful chemicals which cause to global warming. You can easily illuminate the interior of the building with the use of sunlight or skylight energy.
Everyday rising energy demands reminds us to explore new energy saving devices. Energy saving ceiling fans is such a device that consumes less energy and reduces electricity bills. This write up tells you about energy saving fan, its’ uses and energy saving brand equipments.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
A coupler connects the two pipes to each other. If the material and size of the pipe are not the same,it is called a 'reducing coupler'.
Fine sand should consist of natural sand or crushed stone sand. It should be hard, durable, clean and be free from organic matter etc. and should not contain any appreciable amount of clay balls and harmful impurities such as alkalis, salts, coal, decayed vegetation etc.
Bricks provides several choices for quality. Select a type according to your need.
The beading is of plain variety with square edges.
Window Grills are required for the safety of homes. Window glasses should be well covered with grills. Here are various designs of grills which provide safety to window glasses.
Northeast Cosmic Energies
Corner bed placement to save space
Space Saving Shelf in Bedroom
Kitchen Lighting Tips
Tips for Whitewash
Four Way Divertor With Two Nos Concealled Stop Cock With Wall Spout Tip For Tube
Buying tips for Marble Stone
Gardening Tips for Beginners
Vastu tips for office
study along wid bed...perfect idea for space saving..
Rose Weave Bird Bath.jpg
Chair and bookcase together
Neat and Clean Garden
Wood Garden Fountain
Garden bird feeder
Concrete Garden Fountain
Curved Garden Pathway
Animal Theme garden Fountain
Decorative Bird Bath
Garden Clades Pathway
Rake (Garden Tool)
Garden Pathway Made from Brick
Wooden Garden Pathway
Leaf Shell Bird Bath
Fish Garden Fountain
Fixed Garden Fountain
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.