Termite Damage Signs and repairing tips
are a big danger to the house especially to the wood-based structures and they eat wood and wooden products. When the home owner has any indication of termite presence, the damage have already done by the termite.Sign of termite Damage
Following are the sign of termite presence
- Termite attack wood work in dark, in humid condition and do not appear on the face/ surface. The face of the wooden member appears smooth but when tapped the wooden member it sound hollow, it means termites are eating the wooden member from the inside.
- There is crack in paint on wooden surface appear, which is the sign of presence of termite in the wooden member.
- Mud tubes on walls or on wooden members is sign of presence of termite in the house.
- Some time one sees dirt in the wood, which indicates the presence of termite.
- When we see any rotting wood or any specious area then we find the presence of termite.
- In spring season termite try to come out from old colony to form new colony, in this process often find their bodies near windows, which is the indication of termite presence.
- Termite gather at light source in night time especially in their active time between November and March
- At the time of new construction, anti-termite treatment must be done in the foundation of building including making barrier around the building.
- During construction use termite resistant material i.e. steel, concrete, bricks etc.
- Treat with appropriate chemicals to all woodwork before fixing in the building.
- Try to use termite resistant timber like turpentine, tea tree and white cypress.
- Ensure that all the cracks should be field with cement mortar.
- The ground around your house should be clear, any debris creates infestation of termite.
- There should be no leakage in the pipeline and drains.
- Ensure that water does not pool around the house and at roof.
- There should no wooden piece in the foundation or in nearby ground around the house.
How to fix termite damage
After inspection, when we sure about presence of termite in the house. Anti termite chemical treatment called “Post construction chemical treatment” (after the building has been constructed) should be done. If possible, take help from professional, who will guide in a better way. Here is some measure to be taken to prevent further loss.
- Make holes around the house along with foundation, fill the holes with anti-termite chemical, and create barrier around the house to prevent the entry of termite.
- Apply or fill anti-termite chemical in the voids and cracks if any found in the building.
- Drill holes at the junction of floors and walls and fill them with chemicals. Then holes are plugged with cement mortar and finished the floor as per requirement.
- Treat all the wooden members with chemical.
- Repair the damaged woodwork and if damage is more than replace the wooden member.
You can protect your home from bugs/insects which destroys domestic items, create unhygienic conditions and have adverse effect on the health of occupants of the house. This article tells you a few tips to protect your home from bugs/insects.
As we all know safety is prime concern for us everywhere. Even when we are at home, there may be accidents while going up or down the stairs. A little carelessness will lead to serious injuries. Here are given tips to avoid accidents.
Safety is a prime concern for any home. A lot of accidents occur everyday in lack of safety. Proper safety measures should have been taken to avoid these fatal accidents. Here are some home safety tips that you can use to make your home safe.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
A coupler connects the two pipes to each other. If the material and size of the pipe are not the same,it is called a 'reducing coupler'.
Fine sand should consist of natural sand or crushed stone sand. It should be hard, durable, clean and be free from organic matter etc. and should not contain any appreciable amount of clay balls and harmful impurities such as alkalis, salts, coal, decayed vegetation etc.
Bricks provides several choices for quality. Select a type according to your need.
The beading is of plain variety with square edges.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.