The ceiling design is an extraordinary way to add quality and focus to rooms of a house or building. To add the beauty of ceiling, decorative ceiling medallions, ceiling dome and ceiling moldings etc is provided or fixed. There are many type of ceilings are provided such as stretch ceiling, wood plank ceiling, or steel ceiling. Lighting paint colors, paper, and texture paint can be applied to ceiling to enhance the beauty of ceiling.
Finishing for wooden Ceiling
When you want to make or construct wooden ceiling, it should be ensure that all timber used in the ceiling shall be graded as first grade timber and knots should be avoided over a specified limit
- The main beams and joints and the boards shall be class of the timber as detailed below.
- The timber shall be free from decay, fungal growth, boxed heart, pitch pockets or streaks on the exposed edges, splits and cracks.
- The timber shall be graded as first grade timber and knots should be avoided over a specifiedlimit.
- For proper utility of timber in various climatic conditions, it is necessary to ensure control on moisture content of timber.
- It should be ensure that all timber used in the ceiling shall be thoroughly seasoned in accordance with IS 1141.
- After seasoning the timber shall be treated with preservative in accordance with IS:401
- The timber shall be treated with anti termite chemical treatment.
- The exposed side of the board shall be truly level and plane without any local bulges or sags.
- The joints shall be truly parallel and perpendicular to the walls.
- The width of the joints shall be uniformed.
- Care shall be taken that the uniformity of color of the sheets is not spoilt during the fixing operations.
Finishing of the Beading at joints under the ceiling.
- The beading is finished smooth and fixed in such a manner that there is no gap left between the beading and the ceiling board or between the joint faces.
- The beading is absolutely straight, parallel and plane.
- The underside of the beading should be uniform.
- The junction of the beading should be of fully mitered or of party mitered kind.
- Where the joints are fully mitered, both the longitudinal as well as the cross beading shall be to the exact length as required by the panel arrangement.
- Where the joints are of partly mitered variety, the length of the beading in one direction can run continuously over more than one panel.
- The minimum lengths of these beading should be 1.8 meter.
- The joints shall come at a corner of a panel and not in the middle of the panel side.
Fixing of Screws in ceiling
- The beading shall be fixed centrally over the butt joints between the two boards with iron wood screws in two rows on either wide of the joint.
- The spacing of screws in each row shall be 20 cm centers.
- The length of the screws so adjusted that it has minimum 25 mm griping in the ceiling rafter.
- The screws should be counter sink and have slotted head and screws should not be less than eight number.
- The screws should be oiled before insertion.
- Do not hammer the screw; it should be screwed with screwdriver.
- The screw should be slightly counter sunk below the surface of beading.
The ceiling shall be treated with distemper or painting according to requirement.
No one likes to work in an uncomfortable environment where the temperature is either too hot or too cold. It is important to make house comfortable as an insulated house is more comfortable as the temperature remains consistent over weather changes.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
A coupler connects the two pipes to each other. If the material and size of the pipe are not the same,it is called a 'reducing coupler'.
Fine sand should consist of natural sand or crushed stone sand. It should be hard, durable, clean and be free from organic matter etc. and should not contain any appreciable amount of clay balls and harmful impurities such as alkalis, salts, coal, decayed vegetation etc.
Bricks provides several choices for quality. Select a type according to your need.
The beading is of plain variety with square edges.
Window Grills are required for the safety of homes. Window glasses should be well covered with grills. Here are various designs of grills which provide safety to window glasses.
Cracks can happen due to foundation movements and settlements of building, thermal movements, chemical reactions, elastic deformations and shrinkage etc. in buildings. They can damage plaster of walls, ceilings and destroy the beauty of the structure also. Let’s know their reasons in detail and get preventive measures.
Sanded and Stained Wood Finishes Almirah
teak wood finish...
Tang oil finish on various woods
Paint finished wood textures
Linsceed oil finished various woods
Opaque finish on various woods
Various woods with danish oil finish
Melamine based finishing on various woods
LCD unit with 2 shelves over the LCD with black finished wood
kids room bed and study table in wood finish
POP with wood ceiling design
Ceiling design with wood and POP
Ceiling with wood work
Wood Betan Ceiling
Ceiling with wood and POP design
Ceiling design combining wood and POP creates ultimate effect
Ceiling Design in POP and Wood
Designer False ceiling design in POP and wood