The ceiling design is an extraordinary way to add quality and focus to rooms of a house or building. To add the beauty of ceiling, decorative ceiling medallions, ceiling dome and ceiling moldings etc is provided or fixed. There are many type of ceilings are provided such as stretch ceiling, wood plank ceiling, or steel ceiling. Lighting paint colors, paper, and texture paint can be applied to ceiling to enhance the beauty of ceiling.
Finishing for wooden Ceiling
When you want to make or construct wooden ceiling, it should be ensure that all timber used in the ceiling shall be graded as first grade timber and knots should be avoided over a specified limit
- The main beams and joints and the boards shall be class of the timber as detailed below.
- The timber shall be free from decay, fungal growth, boxed heart, pitch pockets or streaks on the exposed edges, splits and cracks.
- The timber shall be graded as first grade timber and knots should be avoided over a specifiedlimit.
- For proper utility of timber in various climatic conditions, it is necessary to ensure control on moisture content of timber.
- It should be ensure that all timber used in the ceiling shall be thoroughly seasoned in accordance with IS 1141.
- After seasoning the timber shall be treated with preservative in accordance with IS:401
- The timber shall be treated with anti termite chemical treatment.
- The exposed side of the board shall be truly level and plane without any local bulges or sags.
- The joints shall be truly parallel and perpendicular to the walls.
- The width of the joints shall be uniformed.
- Care shall be taken that the uniformity of color of the sheets is not spoilt during the fixing operations.
Finishing of the Beading at joints under the ceiling.
- The beading is finished smooth and fixed in such a manner that there is no gap left between the beading and the ceiling board or between the joint faces.
- The beading is absolutely straight, parallel and plane.
- The underside of the beading should be uniform.
- The junction of the beading should be of fully mitered or of party mitered kind.
- Where the joints are fully mitered, both the longitudinal as well as the cross beading shall be to the exact length as required by the panel arrangement.
- Where the joints are of partly mitered variety, the length of the beading in one direction can run continuously over more than one panel.
- The minimum lengths of these beading should be 1.8 meter.
- The joints shall come at a corner of a panel and not in the middle of the panel side.
Fixing of Screws in ceiling
- The beading shall be fixed centrally over the butt joints between the two boards with iron wood screws in two rows on either wide of the joint.
- The spacing of screws in each row shall be 20 cm centers.
- The length of the screws so adjusted that it has minimum 25 mm griping in the ceiling rafter.
- The screws should be counter sink and have slotted head and screws should not be less than eight number.
- The screws should be oiled before insertion.
- Do not hammer the screw; it should be screwed with screwdriver.
- The screw should be slightly counter sunk below the surface of beading.
The ceiling shall be treated with distemper or painting according to requirement.
No one likes to work in an uncomfortable environment where the temperature is either too hot or too cold. It is important to make house comfortable as an insulated house is more comfortable as the temperature remains consistent over weather changes.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
Bedroom Wardrobes are essential articles of furniture and are used for storing things in homes. These not only contain clothes and footwear but whatever you need also.
Vastu tips for Bathroom help us determine the position of toilet seats, mirror, wash basin, and other fixtures in the bathroom. Preferred color on the walls, position of the exhaust fan, geyser and other accessory is also governed by Vastu and you will find appropriate tips for these in this article.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Rest and relaxation are the two words that are foremost in ones mind when returning home from work. Talking of rest and relaxation, the bedroom comes to our mind quite naturally.Read this article to know about the facts which explain complete vastu for bedroom.
Chairs draw everyone’s attention in drawing room as they are nice-looking and stylish articles of furniture. The selection of superb chairs purely depends on individual choice, requirement and budget.
Apt lighting scheme can transform your bedroom from a purely functional space to an enjoyable and alluring haven within your home.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Vaastu Shastra is an ancient system of designing the buildings. It helps in maintaining a dynamic balance between Form and Energy to create harmonious homes and other buildings.
One of the biggest problems you face is -what looks to be "orange" on the sample in the store turns out to be "brown" on your wall. So it's really important to pick the right shade of paint by examining it under different sources of light.
Plaster of Paris Ceiling designs are very easy to construct. It is just a matter of creative designs and workmanship. Just look at the variety of POP Ceiling designs so that you can have it in your dream home.
The concrete cover for steel bar is very much necessary to protect the steel against corrosion(rusting) and to provide resistance against fire.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
A coupler connects the two pipes to each other. If the material and size of the pipe are not the same,it is called a 'reducing coupler'.
Fine sand should consist of natural sand or crushed stone sand. It should be hard, durable, clean and be free from organic matter etc. and should not contain any appreciable amount of clay balls and harmful impurities such as alkalis, salts, coal, decayed vegetation etc.