Checklist for Plumbing
There are two ways for water supply process one is from own source such as from submersible pump and other is from public water supply system. The supply comes to building or house than distributed to the various parts of the house through pipes. For smooth functioning some guide lines to be followed which are as under:-
- Ensure that the material used in water supply should ISI and best quality material available in the market.
- Use the proper size of plumbing fixtures and devices for supply of water in sufficient volume and at pressure adequate to enable them to function satisfactorily under all normal conditions of use.
- All pipe work should be planned so that the piping is accessible for inspection, replacement and repair.
- Make provision of direct municipal supply should be kept in the kitchen for drinking water, cooking etc.
- Ensure the use of air relief valve to prevent airlock.
- Ensure the use other valves such as pressure relief valve, gate valve, sluice valve; ball valve etc should be used where they are required for smooth running and continue supply.
- Ensure the joints of pipes and their accessories or fixtures are tight properly by using the white lead i.e. SAFEDA and tread i.e. SUTA to avoid leakage.
- Make the chase in the wall so deep that there is enough space on the pipe for mortar filling to avoid cracks.
- Lying of water supply pipes in the floor should be avoided.
- Ensure the fixing of hooks on the pipes to kept pipes in position.
- Before filling the chase of pipe in wall, test the pipe line for leakage and smooth flow of water.
- Ensure that water supply pipe line does not cross the sewer line to avoid contamination of water.
- Ensure that the water supply line and waste water pipe line should not be laid very close to each other.
- Ensure that there should be no back flow from any cistern or appliance towards the source of supply.
- No service pipe should be connected to any water closet or urinal. All such supplies shall be from flushing cistern which shall be supplied from storage tank.
- Ensure the fixing of ball cock in water storage tank to avoid over flow of water.
- Ensure to fix over flow pipe in water storage tank so that in case of overflow, water drain through rain water pipe without causing dampness in the structure.
- Ensure to provide stop cock valve in main line, with water storage tank and in supply pipe from tank to inside the house.
- See that friction losses are minimize, in case of change of direction or change of diameter of the pipe. If required should be gradual and not abrupt.
Valves in pipe lines are provided to control supply of water. They are used to stop supply when any repair is carried in pipe line.
Setting up sewerage system in your home really needs good plumbers and systematic plan with few useful tips in hand. This article provides goof details on the said subject.
To minimize the danger of blistering, risk of steam formation etc. Storage temperature of 60 degree C is recommended. This may be increased up to 65 degree C when soft water is used and the storage capacity is limited.
G.I. pipes are made from hot rolled coils of specified thickness.They are available in light, medium and heavy grades depending on the sheet used.
A skilled plumber is required to implement proper water supply lines, drainage and sewerage lines. Good quality material is another way to ensure hygienic conditions in a house or building.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
A coupler connects the two pipes to each other. If the material and size of the pipe are not the same,it is called a 'reducing coupler'.
Fine sand should consist of natural sand or crushed stone sand. It should be hard, durable, clean and be free from organic matter etc. and should not contain any appreciable amount of clay balls and harmful impurities such as alkalis, salts, coal, decayed vegetation etc.
Plumbing Piping layout at the time of construction
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.