If you find information on styles of bathroom, you will find hundreds of them and various options to decorate your bathroom in shopping malls, lifestyle and décor magazines, newspapers, internet, etc.However, before digging in the information on bathroom interior elements we should know our taste and the styles of bathroom so that we should incorporate those elements properly.
The problem is that many people do not know the styles and their distinguishing properties. The result is often chaos, with expensive fittings and accessories making it impossible to find anything you need, or important functional items being placed in prominent unattractive places so that they will not be lost. This is a problem, which could be with no trouble cured by simply getting information about bathroom styles.
The most important aspect of creating a new bathroom is choosing the style of bathroom you want to have. However, the bathroom should be functional and practical, but look of the bathroom is also important.
The style of your small bathroom
can also make it look larger. Country and French styles bathrooms look small and cluttered. While contemporary looks sleek, spacious, and open.
Therefore, we discuss the various bathroom styles
and their properties.
For Bathroom interior, we have three basic styles of bathroom
-- country, contemporary, and traditional. All of them have prominent differences in colors, fixtures, and fine details.
Contemporary style is minimalist style known for its consistency. It is clean, uncluttered and sleek having plain and straight line interior where wood and stone finishes play very important role. It is applicable in homes having modern interior. It emphasizes on textures, material, lines, lighting and sharp edged designs.
Use neutral colors such as - whites, blacks, creams, earth tones and grays. But people really want to feel somewhat energetic in bathroom then they can highlight the wall by painting in an accent color without disturbing the overall simplicity and of the contemporary bathroom. However, you cannot use the eclectic look for the whole bathroom, if contemporary.
Some of the important properties of contemporary bathroom are brushed metal fixtures, textured cotton fabric, natural stones, freestanding bathtub, logical lighting.
Contemporary bathrooms include:
- Use furniture with clear and clean lines with smooth surfaces.
- Furniture should be of light color wood like maple, teak with minimal grains.
- You can use stainless steel furniture, Clear glass, chrome, and nickel.
- When painting the walls, choose shades of brown, taupe, cream or pure white. However, neutral does not mean boring, so be sure to infuse the room with small splashes of a more vibrant, bold color.
- This may include painting one wall with an accent color, adding a bold red sofa, or adding vivid accessories, such as decorative pillows, towels, rugs or art. Just be sure not to over-accessorize -- the key to contemporary design is simplicity.
- Lighting plays the most important role in contemporary design, to illuminate the decor. Track lighting are popular in contemporary design.
- Natural fabrics such as silk, wool, linen, and cotton are used for upholstered chairs. However, bold color or geometric pattern may be brought into the design with pillows, a rug or throw.
- Stainless steel, nickel and chrome metals are prevalent for bath vanity in contemporary design.
- Glass shelves can be used to give urban style to the bathroom.
- To make your bathroom more interesting, One of the wall can be highlighted with textured paint or linen wallpapers.
- In the bathroom, you may use fluffy rugs, towels, or fabric shower curtains.
- Floors in a contemporary style home should be smooth in wood, tile, or vinyl.
Country styleCountry style
is very simple which makes this style workable for everyone. It does not require huge investment. It is minor remodeling - it really means transforming your bathroom with key country elements. Here are some great ideas to countrified your bathroom.
Country bathrooms include:
- Claw-foot tub is the most important element in Country style.
- For fixtures and bath fittings, always choose antique brass or brushed nickel finish.
- Wooden frame mirror is the most preferable type of mirror.
- Use old-fashioned gaslights for mirror lighting.
- Use Wooden shutters instead of curtains or use simple handkerchief-point valances for windows.
- Antique shelves should be there for books and toiletries.
- If your bathroom is spacious, try to put upholstered or wicker chair.
- You can use antique/neutral colored wallpapers or simple paint with antique wall hanging.
- Mirrors don't need to be medicine cabinets.
- Wooden peg holders or an antique hat rack can be used to hold towels.
- An antique clock placed in the bathroom will keep you from losing track of time as you soak in the tub.
- Put one or two colored towels and linens in Wicker baskets or old trunks under the pedestal sink. Use natural colored or rustic paint for wicker baskets and hampers.
- Use pottery or cream ware look for soap dishes/dispensers and other accessories
In general, it is the most complex type of style but it is very elegant and inviting provides warmth, grace and dignity. This style comprised of light and natural colors, which combines with combination of ornamental and jewel theme. There is nothing wild or cluttered in a traditional room. You might feel outdated when you enter the bathroom with traditional interior
. Modern, eclectic pieces have no room in a traditional space.
Traditional bathrooms include:
- Use crystal, enameled, and jeweled bath accessories.
- Use Pedestal on sinks with vertically stripped depression, bases.
- Use two-piece toilets.
- Use brass finished fittings and hardware having jewel tones.
- Use fragment oils and shampoos.
- Use cotton towels finished with fine laces or embellished with sophisticated embroideries.
- Use luxury soaps, lotions and bath salts.
- Use rugs, footstools, comfort chairs.
- Use linen guest towels also provide for your guests.
- Use beautiful and fragment candles and attractive lighting.
- Use claw-foot tub with gold/chrome colored foots.
- Use ceramic tile, fabric, porcelain or wood flooring.
- If your bathroom is spacious, try to put upholstered or wicker chair. Fabric is generally expensive such as silk, velvet or damask which featured patterns over texture.
- Use mid toned colors however very dark and very light can be used. Enhance the colors with bronze accents and cozy wood tones.
- Multi floral prints in fabric are always welcome in Traditional style.
- Woods such as mahogany, cherry, walnut, and dark oaks.
- Lamps with silk shades, wall sconces, and floor lamps might be used. Color of shades plain and in ivory or white.
- Animal prints, rich textures are always required.\
- Windows with a formal swag and panel combination give traditional look to the bathroom. Use Tassels should totie the curtain loosely.
- Use accessories such as gilt frames, still life oil paintings, silver candlesticks and fresh or silk flowers in a grand vase to accentuate the style.