Garage door parts
Garage door have different parts, which control the mechanism of garage door. For proper upkeep, choosing the style while buying and in maintaining the garage doors, one should know about the different parts of garage doors. It helps in maintaining garage doors and helps the homeowner at the time of purchasing.
Common parts of garage door:
- Section: Sections are used to connect the parts of garage door, which moves the mechanism and creates counterbalance between parts of garage door. Sections are connected with stiles, hinges, rollers and horizontal or vertical tracks.
Sections also called as “Panels”. Panels are available in various materials according to the need and requirement of house owner. In case of rolling door, the commonly used material is MS steel or galvanized steel sheet.
- Garage door Windows: Garage door frames may consist of windows for ventilation and light. You can use glass, wire mess or acrylic panel for windows.
- Garage door Grill: In rolling door or shutter, rolling grills are provided for better light and ventilation if required in the garage. These are made of MS steel bars and provide safety against intruders.
- Bottom Bracket: It is part of bottom structure of garage door, which takes the load of door and providing attachment to cables with rolling section or panel.
- Top Bracket: This part of door is at the top of garage door to support the other structure of the door and providing attachment with rolling section
- Cable Drum: It is like the drum that is groove and attached with torsion spring shaft. It lifts the door with cables at the time of opening or closing of door.
- Track: Track guides the door panel and support cables at the time of opening or closing of door i.e. either to lift or drop the garage door.
- Extension springs: These springs are provided along the horizontal tracks connected with track hanger, which keeps the springs and cables and other necessary parts of opening mechanism in required position.
- Torsion Springs: These springs are provided with cable winding drum and assist the door panel at the time of opening or closing i.e. either to raise the door or lower the door.
Hardware used along both horizontal tracks.
- Hinges: Hinges are used to join sections or panels of garage door together. It allows them to rotate and end hinges provide carriage to the garage door rollers when they have vertical movement i.e. while up and down movement of garage door.
- Struts: These are provided for the garage doors having wider door opening and these are helpful to prevent the sagging or buckling.
- Cables: Cables helps in movement of door panels, at the time of opening and closing of garage door. One end of cable is attached with the bottom fixture of the door and other end is attached with cable drum.
The other parts of the garage doors include pulleys, exhaust port, locks, handles, opener controlled by remote, keypads and garage door transmitter, weather-stripping etc.
How to buy a garage door? Find guidelines and tips for garage door that you could use for buying. Learn about standard specifications, types of garage door, styles of garage door, different materials and insulation methods for garage door. Choose garage door that will tune with existing appearance of house and provide security and safety in less cost.
How to buy a garage door? Find guidelines and tips for garage door that you could use for buying. Learn about standard s
Choosing a garage door requires consideration about material, finish and its appeal. Garage doors are available in different types of materials from wood to fiberglass. It will make easier for you to decide from the variety of material available for garage doors. Find which one is the best for you.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
A coupler connects the two pipes to each other. If the material and size of the pipe are not the same,it is called a 'reducing coupler'.
Fine sand should consist of natural sand or crushed stone sand. It should be hard, durable, clean and be free from organic matter etc. and should not contain any appreciable amount of clay balls and harmful impurities such as alkalis, salts, coal, decayed vegetation etc.
Bricks provides several choices for quality. Select a type according to your need.
The beading is of plain variety with square edges.
Garage door parts
Home office in garage
Wooden Interior door design
Exterior Wooden Door
Pooja room Doors
Bathroom Interior, Flooring, Walls, Basin , Walls, Doors, Mirrors
Modern Garden door
Door design facade design for the building with small garden in the front
Square Plant Design non-slip Door/Bath Mat
Wooden entrance door design with arch
Sliding Door Design
MAIN SAFTY DOOR
DESIGN OF SAFETY DOOR FOR APARTMENTS
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.