Checklists for flooring
In construction of building or house flooring has great importance. There are various type of flooring option available in construction of building according to the requirement and choice. Some are as cement concrete flooring, terrazzo flooring, kota stone flooring, marble flooring, ceramic tile flooring, wooden flooring and pvc flooring. There are many factors which contribute in selection of type of flooring. There are some guide lines to be following which are given below. Check list/ guide lines
- Flooring should be done after the plaster work of ceiling and wall is over.
- Fix all electric pipes, water supply pipes and sanitary/ sewer pipes before start of flooring.
- In case of multi-story building, start the flooring from top to bottom to minimize movement to newly cast flooring.
- Ensure that the earth is fully compacted before starting the process of floor lying.
- Ensure that the base coat is fully compacted before starting the flooring.
- Do proper slope in basec oat for ensuring uniform thickness of topping.
- Ensure the quality and size of material used in the flooring in no case does not use fine sand in concrete mix use for flooring.
- Ensure proper mixing of mortar or concrete used for flooring.
- Ensure the ratio of cement concrete should be not less than 1:2:4 and mortar is not less than 1:3 for tile, kota and marble
- Cement concrete or terrazzo flooring should be done in panels by using glass or aluminum or iron strips.
- Ensure that level should be marked on walls and pillars for proper levels and slopes.
- Ensure proper slope to floor trap or pipe for easy drainage or disposal of water in case of toilet, laundry, verandah and balcony etc.
- Movement should be avoided on freshly laid floor, since the marks left on flooring.
- Do not use glass strips in terrace, balcony floor to avoid leakage.
- Ensure skirting should be made on walls for proper finishing of joints and protecting the bottom part of plaster and paint.
- Ensure that polishing should be done after completion of painting.
- Ensure the filling of joints should be properly done after cleaning the joints including washing the joints and surface.
- In case of tile flooring, marble or kota stone flooring, ensure the joints should be in straight line and fully grouted.
- Ensure that curing should be done for at least 7 days after completion of floors.
- In case of wooden flooring, ensure that termite treatment is done before laying the floor.
Kitchen flooring should be fit into the kitchen design in such a way that will work according to your personal needs and look astonishing when anyone enters in your kitchen. Read the various styles of kitchen flooring so that you will become able to choose kitchen flooring that can work well in small or large kitchens and offer you the great impression of your kitchen interior.
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
First Class Bricks must be homogeneous in texture without showing appreciable sign of efflorescence.
A coupler connects the two pipes to each other. If the material and size of the pipe are not the same,it is called a 'reducing coupler'.
Fine sand should consist of natural sand or crushed stone sand. It should be hard, durable, clean and be free from organic matter etc. and should not contain any appreciable amount of clay balls and harmful impurities such as alkalis, salts, coal, decayed vegetation etc.
Bricks provides several choices for quality. Select a type according to your need.
The beading is of plain variety with square edges.
Window Grills are required for the safety of homes. Window glasses should be well covered with grills. Here are various designs of grills which provide safety to window glasses.
Cracks can happen due to foundation movements and settlements of building, thermal movements, chemical reactions, elastic deformations and shrinkage etc. in buildings. They can damage plaster of walls, ceilings and destroy the beauty of the structure also. Let’s know their reasons in detail and get preventive measures.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.