Purchasing C.I. Pipes
Cast iron pipe is generally used in sewer lines. The following points should be kept in view while purchasing CI pipes.
- The pipe should bear ISI marks and must be heavy duty pipe.
- The pipe must be free from pinholes, cracks and has a good finish.
- The leakage should be checked by erecting the pipe temporarily in earth and filling it with water up to the top. If there is any hole or crack in the pipe, the water will come out. Hence the pipe should be rejected.
- All CI pipes and fittings should give clear ringing sound when struck with light hand hummer.
- All CI pipes and fittings are hot, dip coated inside and outside the tar/bitumen coating.
- Heavy Duty PVC pipes are also equally good if used with proper jointing and care while designing. These pipes have 50% more life and are cheaper than C I pipes also.
- The quality of material is checked with rates at least from three to four shops while surveying the market for purchasing the material.
- The rates of all required items are verified once; not for main item as the shopkeeper may tell fewer rates for main item/pipe etc. and charges more rates on other items in later.
- Accessories of good quality are purchased after verification of sample. Ensure whether the durability of any accessory is more and guaranty is obtained from shopkeeper.
Precautions While Laying Sanitary and Sewer Pipes
- Generally it is observed that the top of floor trap is not fixed by taking proper level of floor of the building; which creates problems of drainage.
- Floor trap should be fixed after marking proposed floor level.
- The top of floor trap in toilet and kitchen should be 12 MM to 20 MM down from floor level of the building to provide proper slope for easy drainage of water.
- Where sewer lines cross the road or drain, they should be passed through CI or RCC pipes.
- The greater the depth of seal is, the more effectively it will prevent foul air to come to the house from sewer.
- Waste pipe should be connected through gully trap in main hole. If it is connected directly, it gives foul smell.
- In sewer line, the following minimum gradient /slope should be provided for self cleaning.
1). 100 mm dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1in 57
2). 150 MM dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1 in 100
3). 200 MM dia pipe sewer line should have slope 1 in 145
- During execution the mouth of pipes should be covered with empty gunny bags to avoid blockage.
- The joints should be filled with spun yarn, lead and ensure proper cocking to avoid any leakage.
- Sewer line should be checked well before layout of floor otherwise any leakage will damage the floor and foundation of the building.
- Close sewer line at one side by using gunny bags, cement mortar, and fill the pipe with water on other side. Wait for 24 to 48 hours. If there any leakage, the water will come to the surface of pipe or in the joints of pipe.
- After checking leakage, the top of pipeline should be covered with cement concrete.
- A class stoneware glazed pipe must be used in sewer lines.
- Now a day UPVC pipes also are being used in sewer lines; which are durable and low in cost.
To find a skilled plumber you have to do enough searches for it. Contact friends and relatives for a skilled plumber also go and see his work. Before hiring a plumber do some researches about the rates of different jobs and hourly rates.
Water is essential for everybody. In home or workplace we need a systematic placement of pipelines for water supply. We need good quality pipes , expert plumber and much more. Lets know more about it here.
Sanitary appliances are fittings used for collection and discharge of soil or waste matter. These appliances may be grouped under soil appliances and waste water appliances. Soil appliances are used for collection and discharge of excreta matter including water closet, urinal etc.
Do we know that there are several guidelines for labor to be followed while installing stoneware pipes? In the article let us discuss about such guidelines for a safe construction.
Thickness of PVC Pipes and various diameters for drainage are .........
Requirements of drainage and sanitation for dwelling area covered with individual- One bathroom provided with a tap............
The diameter of soil and waste pipes should be based on fixing units...........
Brands of pipes for drainage of soil water-C.I. Pipes-CIC..........
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
Guidelines for Laying Cement Concrete Floor
Slab concreting with pump (pipe line)
New Bricks Laid
New Tile Laid
construction material trading
Modern Pendant Light for Lining room
Sanitary Showroom design. A very popular one
lay out plan
Distance between the Two Lines
Lining style curtain
Marking of Room Walls Center Line
Plumbing Piping layout at the time of construction
Rain Water Pipe
Clayware drainage pipes
PVC pipes for drainage system
Construction Material Brick
One line simple and elegant modular kitchen with ivory colored cabinets
Ceramic Floor Tiles Laid in Kitchen Area
Corner one line open kitchen in small space
small one line kitchen with 13 ft counter top looks huge due to open kitchen style
home elevation design with curve line concept
Construction Work with pipes
Lining Room LCD Unit
HOME DECOR & HOME LIGHT,SANITARY WARE
straight line black and white dining furnture
Sober and straight line furniture for living room
Wardrobe design guideline
Unbroken roof line
Wall Cladding material
Wall Cladding material
Bed headboard wall design in decorative plywood material
Pipe fitting for central ac
water level tool help in marking level lines for ceiling and flooring etc.
One line kitchen cabinets in ivory color
Window design with straight line transom in white color
Material for white wash
laying of AC cables
Mixing glue and whitewash material
Pit of Soil Filled With Hard Material
Different style straight line black sofa for living room