Guideline for Labor laying stoneware or SW Pipes
Stoneware pipes are used for underground drainage such as to drain the waste from toilet, bathroom and kitchen etc. These are generally used outside the covered building area.The stoneware pipes and fittings should be free from any visible defects, such as fire cracks, hair cracks etc. The glaze of pipe should be free from crazing. The pipe should give a sharp clear tone when struck with light hammer.
Short cylindrical, salt glazed stone ware pipes have been used from long time for underground drainage. The fittings are formed by extrusion and the parts of junctions are extruded and then cut and joined by hand. The pipes and fittings are fired on salt glaze which renders them both dense and impermeable to seepage from inside and infiltration of ground water from outside. The molded clay pipes and fittings are than dried in kilns to ensure regular, uniform loss of water to avoid deformation of shape.
A typical stoneware pipe has normal bore i.e. inside diameter of commonly used clay pipes for building drainage is 100mm-150mm but for sewer use the maximum size being about 300 mm – 450 mm. The thickness of barrel is according to the diameter of SW pipe range from 12mm for 100mm diameter pipe to 43 mm for 600 mm diameter and similarly depth of socket is range from 50mm to 90 mm. The lengths of pipe available are 600 mm; 750 mm and 900 mm excluding the depth of socket longer pipes are preferred.
The SW pipes and fittings should be free from any visible defects, such as fire cracks, hair cracks etc. The glaze of pipe should be free from crazing.
Laying of Stoneware or SW Pipe:
- The pipe should be laid to require alignment and required depth.
- There should be minimum cover of 90 cm when pipe lay under roadway.
- There should be no any depressions in bed under the pipe line.
- The trench should in required grade or slop if not than then required slop or grade be made by filling selected earth or sand and compacted.
- After excavation of the trench is completed, hollows shall be cut at the required position to receive the socket of the pipes. The depth of the hollow should be sufficient to ensure that the barrel of the pipes throughout length on the solid ground.
- The pipes between two man holes should be laid truly in straight line without undulation.
- Care should be taken that sand etc should not enter in the pipes for this empty gunny bags are placed at the mouth of pipe at the end of days work.
- The pipe line should encase by cement concrete if required.
Jointing of SW Pipes
- Ensure that yarn should be thoroughly soaked in thick cement slurry before placing in the joint.
- See that the mortar ratio on the joint should not be less than 1; 1.
- The fillet of mortar around the joint should be finished with trowel to form an angle of 45degree with the barrel of pipe.
- See that there should not any settlement in the pipe line take place as the joint is rigid.
- See the curing of joints i.e. kept the joint wet for 7 days by tying gunny bags
To find a skilled plumber you have to do enough searches for it. Contact friends and relatives for a skilled plumber also go and see his work. Before hiring a plumber do some researches about the rates of different jobs and hourly rates.
Water is essential for everybody. In home or workplace we need a systematic placement of pipelines for water supply. We need good quality pipes , expert plumber and much more. Lets know more about it here.
Cast iron pipe is generally used in sewer lines. The points should be kept in view while purchasing CI pipes.
Sanitary appliances are fittings used for collection and discharge of soil or waste matter. These appliances may be grouped under soil appliances and waste water appliances. Soil appliances are used for collection and discharge of excreta matter including water closet, urinal etc.
Thickness of PVC Pipes and various diameters for drainage are .........
Requirements of drainage and sanitation for dwelling area covered with individual- One bathroom provided with a tap............
The diameter of soil and waste pipes should be based on fixing units...........
Brands of pipes for drainage of soil water-C.I. Pipes-CIC..........
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
Different steel bars are recommended for their relative tensile stresses.Steel bars are major components of construction.Here is what you need to know about steel bars (Sariya).
Brahmasthan is a powerful zone of the house. It should have open space for flow of energy in the house. The positive energy is very useful for living beings of the occupants of the house.
Brick work is an important part of construction work done with the help of bricks and cement mortar. It is done with different quality of bricks with different ratios of cement mortar according to the requirement.
Living room or Drawing room should be located in east or north direction. The ideal location of a living room depends on plot facing.
Are you remodeling your bathroom? Bathroom shower doors make your bathroom a style icon. Read the following article that will help you select the bathroom shower door that will exactly suit your bathroom.
Without knowing perfect mixture of cement and sand you can not achieve your goal.
Manufacturing date, grade and type play vital role in purchasing right cement and there should be no lumps in it.
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.