Electrical Fitting and Cable Wiring
In construction of a house/ building house owner should focus on electric works also; which need a lot of attention while laying wiring as well as quality of wiring, specification of electric appliances and cables/wires. Due to carelessness or lack of knowledge by electrician fatal accidents may occur in later and take up more money in repair. Thus every care should be taken while doing electrical fittings. Here are given some tips on how to lay wiring.
- Electrical cables/wires are laid inside walls and RCC slab which may require dismantling if any problem/defect arises in later. Dismantling is very costly as compared to getting it rightly fixed first time.
Always choose standard quality wires and cables
(This Picture is Contributed by "Ahmed")
- In case of defects in electrical wires they can cause fire in house and may even take human life in some cases. So make sure you do the following to ensure good electric works.
- A professional or good electrician should be hired for electric works. All electric works and installations should comply with latest Indian Electricity Acts and Rules in all respects.
- All materials used in electrical fittings should be of approved and from a reputed manufacturer as per ISI specifications.
- Make sure that electrician has calculated total load from various items that would be used in the house. Whether he lays wires that are capable of taking total load.
- It is seen that a lot of times electricians are careless while putting right load bearing wires for a purpose and these wires get burnt at the movement when entire load is put on wires.
House Wiring Rules as Per ISI Specification
- The wiring should be carried out on distribution systems with main and branch distribution boards to convenient centers and is without isolated fuses.
- All conductors should run, as far as possible along walls and ceilings, so as to be easily accessible and capable of being thoroughly inspected.
3 phase conductor wires
(This Picture is Contributed by "Ahmed")
- In any case wiring should not run above ceiling.
- Circuit on opposite side of three wires system or on different phases of three phases’ system is kept as far apart as possible in all cases; the minimum distance should be 7 feet.
- Medium pressure wiring and all associated apparatus should comply with specification.
- The numbers of points in light circuits should not exceed 10 or the total load on circuit should not exceed 800 watts.
- One circuit can be explained as one connection from electrical meter or main fuse circuit.
- For power wiring circuit the numbers of points in a circuit should not be more than 2 and the size of wire is 1.5 mm square for copper and 2 mm square for aluminum.
- Switch boards should be fitted at a height of 1.5 meter.
- Horizontal run of wiring should be at a height of 3 meter.
- Earth wire should be 14 SWG in case of copper and 4 mm square in case of aluminum.
- Fuse wire should be connected to phase wire only.
- Connect a neutral link in neutral wire.
- Connect all switches in phase wire.
- All conductors should be of copper and have a cross section less than 0.0020 sq. inches, nominal area (3/0.029 inches) and every such conductor should be stranded.
- Minimum size of earth wire for light circuit is 1 mm square for copper and 1.5 mm square for aluminum.
Avoid daily short circuit and overloading with the use of MCB(miniature circuit breaker), and save your electrical appliances from short circuit.
Do you know what you should know before hiring an electrician? You are responsible for all electrical faults and its repair. You need to hire an electrician for repair of electrical faults. The following checklist should help you when hiring an electrician.
Low quality materials, unqualified electrician and a little carelessness in electric works can cause fatal electric shocks in home. Such accidents are not easy to repair and compensate. So it is essential to take every care while doing electrical fittings during construction of your house. This article gives some tips on electrical works during house construction.
Electricity can be deadly if not used with utmost care. When the phase or live wire touches our body, electric current gives shock depending on the intensity of voltage and paralyze muscular functions of the body. To avoid electric shocks during electric works/contact, make sure you have followed all precautions of electric shock mentioned in the following article.
Electric fitting must be safe and ensure proper safety to the occupants of the house. Low quality products or appliances can cause fatal accidents like short circuit fire/smoke, break out of fire in entire house, current-shock to any member etc.
In electrical works, earthing or earthed means to connect electrical system to general mass of earth in such a manner as it ensures an immediate discharge of electrical energy without danger at all times.
Saving electricity not only adds to your money but will help thousands in demand of energy also.It’s duty of every citizen to use appliances in proper way.
Sometimes due to carelessness or ignorance, electric phase (Live) wire comes in touch with human body and the current flows through the body as the body is good conductor of electric current.
Electrical mistakes are common in each and every house that may be dangerous for residents. When you are designing your dream home it may be that you are not aware about the electrical mistakes and its effects. Here are discussed some common electrical problems that can be harmful for residents.
These are three types of faults in electrical fitting:
.Open Circuit Fault
.Short Circuit Fault
.Earth fault and Leakage Fault
The tools for electrical fitting in home: Connector Screw driver (10 cm),Neon Tester,Adjustable Screw Spanner (15cm)
Fluorescent light tubes come in many shapes and sizes. An increasingly popular one is the compact fluorescent light bulb (CF). A fluorescent lamp produces much useful visible light which require only 1/3 to 1/4 of the input electricity.
The breadth and thickness of the strips should be checked.Spacing of screws for fixing strips should be checked.
Check width and depth of the channel, the quality and size of the bricks for mechanical protection.Whether cable identification tags are provided or not.
Brands of electrical materials-Cables-Skytone
Kota stone flooring is a subtle blend of grandeur and luxury giving the interior and exterior a gorgeous look.......
To get maximum ventilation and natural light in your house, make sure the building is properly oriented. Orientation of building saves energy and provides comfortable living as well. This article tells you about various factors and benefits of building orientation.
Preview some of the most impressive pictures of kitchen from GharExpert Gallery.
A solid roof on building is very important for everybody living in the house. The roof should be constructed in a way that assures you great safety. Here are given details about different types of roofing.
Frames of doors and windows are most important parts of your doors and windows. They are available in different size, height, width and shapes. Frames hold locks and hinges and support door and windows to shut and open easily. Here is what you need to know about different doors and windows frames.
three phase conductor cables
Standard quality wires
laying of AC cables
Bathroom Light Fittings and bath tub in the bathroom
Fit in home
bath room shower fittings
Diagram showing Central AC fitting
cool corner cabinet with cabinet fitted oven
small kitchen wall fitted appliances
Wire mesh design for wooden framed door
Pipe fitting for central ac
different wire glass
GharExpert.com All rights reserved.